Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by Emeira »

I will, thanks
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Emeira wrote:I did, but still can't imagine what raw-keto diet daily menu looks like... avocado, yolks, coconut oil, fish... hmm what else
Yeah, pretty much... In a natural perspective, this seems to be not that natural at all.
After two weeks I'll ask my doctor to do stomach acidity and H. Pylori test
Haven't you test that already? My mother had some issues with her stomach too. However, when she did the H. Pylori test, it was positive (yours was negative, right?).
Then she did a endoscopy.
Nevertheless, have you done any?
Emeira wrote:I will, thanks
Then tell us how taurine is working :)
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Nevertheless, have you done any?
Yes I done it at home with H. Pylori strip test, twice. But I doubt its reliability. http://www.corisbio.com/images/Products ... -Strip.jpg
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

I was talking about doing an endoscopy to check H. Pylori or even to check if you have stomach ulcers.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I had an endoscopy a month ago (not for h.pylori) but for poor digestion, results were: lightly thin stomach lining.
So, I checked vitamin D and results are: 76 nmol/l norm 75-107 LOW
Next vit B12, Zinc, Copper, Selenium.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

The most natural to increase vitamin D is being more outside. This will create a vitamin D on the skin that will absorb in hours after skin exposure (so dont wash it off your skin immediately afterwards).

You can also buy vitamin D oil (thorne for example) and put it on your skin for similar effect.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:I checked vitamin D and results are: 76 nmol/l norm 75-107 LOW
Ehrr...
Your vitamin D level is within the norm.
More is not always better.
Higher levels may increase the risk of kidney stones.

Being 'vitamin-D deficient' is quite normal.
Even in sunny countries people on average are low on vitamin D.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1569&p=33372#p33372
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

.. and low total serum protein 65,2 (Norm 66-87) is fine too? no connection with hair loss?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It is incredibly close to the norm, so it may be totally harmless,
or not.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Is there any way that high fruit diet (high in sugar) high in carbs, or sugar + fats, can impair copper absorption?
How come my hair, blood and urine is deficient in copper? Zinc is in normal range, but copper is below norm.
Hair shows the past and in the past I did not take any zinc supplements that can affect copper zinc ratio.
Copper norm in hair is 9-56 mine: 6.9
in blood 80-163 mine 45.7
in urine 10-60 mine: 7.21
Zinc are in normal range
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

... though 3 month ago I was drinking zinc in high doses 50mg, but this could not have such a fast influence on hair i think. 3 month is too short time to affect hair, blood maybe, but not grew hair, also hair problems started few years ago, not after zinc supplementation.
I no longer drink any supplements, want to increase copper through food, is this possible?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

By the way, i checked vit B12 too. Results are good.
So most likely my hair issues can be related to low copper.
Maybe little effect can have low total protein, low alkaline phosphatase, low vit D, ferritin, doubtfully blastocystis sp. cysts, but these results are not critical.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

"Various factors influence copper absorption. For example, copper absorption is enhanced by ingestion of animal protein, citrate, and phosphate. Copper salts, including copper gluconate, copper acetate, or copper sulfate, are more easily absorbed than copper oxides.[24][25] Elevated levels of dietary zinc, as well as cadmium, high intakes of phytate and simple sugars (fructose, sucrose) inhibit dietary absorption of copper.[26][27][28][29][30][31] Furthermore, low levels of dietary copper inhibit iron absorption.[citation needed]

Some forms of copper are not soluble in stomach acids and cannot be absorbed from the stomach or small intestine. Also, some foods may contain indigestible fiber that binds with copper. High intakes of zinc can significantly decrease copper absorption. Extreme intakes of Vitamin C or iron can also affect copper absorption, reminding us of the fact that micronutrients need to be consumed as a balanced mixture. This is one reason why extreme intakes of any one single micronutrient are not advised.[32] Individuals with chronic digestive problems may be unable to absorb sufficient amounts of copper, even though the foods they eat are copper-rich."

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_in ... Absorption
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

That was interesting Novidez, thanks.
simple sugars (fructose, sucrose) inhibit dietary absorption of copper
hmmm... and too much sugar from fruits can have the same affect?
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Emeira wrote:That was interesting Novidez, thanks.
simple sugars (fructose, sucrose) inhibit dietary absorption of copper
hmmm... and too much sugar from fruits can have the same affect?
It seems so... Not really happy to read this too :/