Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

H. Pylori / Gastritis

Post by Emeira »

After H. Pylori / mild gastritis diagnosis it is a bit hard for me to follow wai diet, most of the time I was drinking orange/banana/persimone juices some egg yolks, olive oil. But if you have stomach lining inflammation it is better to eliminate all acidic foods, fatty foods (even good fats) hard to digest meats etc.

Here is what Dr. Amy says:
https://vimeo.com/26847817
https://vimeo.com/27313984

I would NOT add anything acidic to drop the pH in my personal opinion. I will explain why I am saying that by explaining my personal theory on H.pylori that seems to be holding up to the test of time and having positive results…I believe that the H.pylori may be coming out of hiding due to the program. H.pylori makes an enzyme called urease. This enzyme uses arginine from the body and makes a product to help to neutralize the stomach acid. While H.pylori may initially be attracted to a gut that has a higher stomach pH, and while it is shown to be a factor in acid reflux, GERD, stomach ulcers…it actually will not live in an acid environment. That is why it hides in the mucosal cells lining the gut. I believe it is in part so hard to eradicate as it is hiding in those mucosal cells. The idea of the baking soda which has worked well is to trick the H.pylori into thinking the pH is less acidic so it will come out of hiding and so the other supplements (Peptimycin and HELX– these are the supplements she uses which contain many of the herbs I am listing) can reach it. When the pH climbs like you are seeing, I believe that represents H.pylori that has come out of hiding, out of the mucosal cells and is making urease to neutralize the stomach acid so that it can live there. I feel it is now more vulnerable to eradication, but it also may be causing more gut pain. This is why we consider the H.pylori program when the gut pH is very low (an environment that H.pylori may be attracted to) or when it is high (indicating H.pylori is making urease to increase the gut pH to neutralize the acid). What has been seen on a number of tests is that the pH will swing from very low (ie around 5) to very high (closer to 8 ) for the same individual.”

I want to continue to follow wai diet, but only few affordable/cheap fruits are with pH around 5: bananas, melons, persimons... carrots.
My concern is carrots, if I am planning to drink around 2l of carrot juice/day is there anything I should worry about? how bad regarding health is nitrites/nitrates? are they really high in carrot juices? What else is bad about carrot juice? :)
Thanks
RRM
Administrator

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by RRM »

That would amount to a very high intake of carotenes. Not safe, in my opinion, as it has been shown that an extremely high intake of bate-carotene increases lungcancer risk in people who smoke cigarettes.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote:That would amount to a very high intake of carotenes. Not safe, in my opinion, as it has been shown that an extremely high intake of bate-carotene increases lungcancer risk in people who smoke cigarettes.
are you sure?

from wiki:
The most common side effect of excessive β-carotene consumption is carotenodermia, a physically harmless condition that presents as a conspicuous orange skin tint arising from deposition of the carotenoid in the outermost layer of the epidermis.[21] Chronic, high doses of synthetic β-carotene supplements have been associated with a higher rate of lung cancer in smokers. Additionally, supplemental β-carotene may increase the risk of prostate cancer, intracerebral hemorrhage, and cardiovascular and total mortality in people who smoke cigarettes or have a history of high-level exposure to asbestos.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

What about orange juice with added baking soda to reduce acidity?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I tried, but it is still too acidic, maybe more soda is needed
... by the way is it even safe/healthy to drink juices with added soda?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think baking soda is pretty pure and will be metabolized to Na and carbon dioxide in your body.

I often put it in fresh orange juice if I have time.

What do you think RRM?
dime

Post by dime »

For me adding baking soda worked a lot better than drinking straight orange juice. Just add as much as needed til it stops reacting.
If you leave it a bit when you add the soda, the salts collect on the bottom eventually, so then you can pour the orange juice without the salts.
See here some analysis: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1893&p=29535#p29535
dime

Post by dime »

Emeira wrote: Stomach biopsy results showed that stomach lining inflammation is caused by h.pylori, but I refused to take triple antibiotics therapy, I want to treat it natural way. Is it possible through a diet? There is very little info on "what to eat" if you have h.pylori. Some says that high carb diet is bad, others - that high fat... any thoughts?
I'm not sure that blindly refusing the antibiotics in favor of the "natural way" is so smart. Unless there's a 100% scientifically proven natural way (and something tells me there isn't actually..)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:
RRM wrote:it has been shown that an extremely high intake of bate-carotene increases lungcancer risk in people who smoke cigarettes.
are you sure?
"high doses of synthetic β-carotene supplements have been associated with a higher rate of lung cancer in smokers."
β-carotene = β-carotene.
Unless the synthetic form was not pure, which i doubt (because then they would label it as polluted).
"Synthetic" does not mean "bad".
Some vitamins may be derived from a natural source, and be composed synthetically. Impurities aside, these are exactly the same molecules.

Everything needs to be in balance in our body. If you throw it off balance, you may run into issues.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote: I'm not sure that blindly refusing the antibiotics in favor of the "natural way" is so smart. Unless there's a 100% scientifically proven natural way (and something tells me there isn't actually..)
I agree.
On the other hand, antibiotics should be one's last resort; if there are no other options left.
Her stomach lining may heal naturally, without any help.
If her condition does not improve in months, i would resort to the use of antibiotics.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:I think baking soda is pretty pure and will be metabolized to Na and carbon dioxide in your body.
I often put it in fresh orange juice if I have time.
What do you think RRM?
Yes, i agree. And you can do what Dime suggested.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I'm not sure that blindly refusing the antibiotics in favor of the "natural way" is so smart. Unless there's a 100% scientifically proven natural way (and something tells me there isn't actually..)
sometimes antibiotics is not the best way to go too. This is a similar situation when some time ago I had amenorrhea for more than 2 years, doctors prescribed me hormonal therapy / contraceptives etc. I always felt that i can get my period naturally, so I refused synthetic stuff. Atm menstrual cycle are regular again, only diet, less stress, right foods did the trick.

... or when I had bulimia and went for a treatment in eating disorders clinic, doctor prescribed antidepressants... :evil: from those little blue tablets I glued a pig face on a paper :) did not take any of them. Not tablets have to change person's behaviour but your own understanding and will to change. After 12 years of bulimia I no longer binge eat
If her condition does not improve in months, i would resort to the use of antibiotics.
I become infected with h. pylori around 2012-2013 years, at that time I was on a raw food diet, probably from unwashed fruits, veggies... don't know exactly.
Main symptoms was and still is: bad fat/protein digestion, constipation after consumption meat or fish. Discomfort in a stomach after eating too much yolks, fatty fish/meat, nuts. I did not know that all those symptoms was because of H. pylori, so for 2-3 years it was untreated, but since i know now I will do things differently.
There are good info how to treat bacteria naturally:
http://www.mygutsy.com/is-h-pylori-the- ... l-fatigue/
* Mastic Gum
* Matula Tea
* Cranberry juice
* Garlic
* Broccoli sprouts
* Honey and propolis
* Cats Claw
* Matula Tea
* Probiotics
* Cold press coconut oil
I think baking soda is pretty pure and will be metabolized to Na and carbon dioxide in your body.
Great, then I'll replace carrot juices to orange juices (with soda) + banana juices
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:
sometimes antibiotics is not the best way to go too. This is a similar situation when some time ago I had amenorrhea for more than 2 years, doctors prescribed me hormonal therapy / contraceptives etc. I always felt that i can get my period naturally, so I refused synthetic stuff. Atm menstrual cycle are regular again, only diet, less stress, right foods did the trick.

... or when I had bulimia and went for a treatment in eating disorders clinic, doctor prescribed antidepressants... :evil: from those little blue tablets I glued a pig face on a paper :) did not take any of them. Not tablets have to change person's behaviour but your own understanding and will to change. After 12 years of bulimia I no longer binge eat
Bravo!
Well said!
Mostly antibiotics is not the best way to go. I think it should be your last resort. When there are no other options left.
I'll replace carrot juices to orange juices (with soda) + banana juices
Please keep us updated.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

After 12 years of bulimia I no longer binge eat
Emeira: I was wondering if you can tell what made you stop binge eating?
I notice I am longing to stuff my self / binge eat, even with 100 % Wai foods/ no munch foods at all (so munch is not causing this).
Somewhere Wai wrote you cannot overeat on fruits, but I certainly can! :(
Do you know what "cured" you?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

MarciavD wrote: Wed 11 Jan 2017 14:32 I was wondering if you can tell what made you stop binge eating?
I notice I am longing to stuff my self / binge eat, even with 100 % Wai foods/ no munch foods at all (so munch is not causing this).
Somewhere Wai wrote you cannot overeat on fruits, but I certainly can!
Do you know what "cured" you?
If you already formed a habit to binge eat it doesn't matter on what diet are you, I was binge eating on wai foods all the time, i was gaining weight from overeating fruits and then losing it. So for me wai diet (or any other diet) wasn't a cure.

I will answer you question very simplified: Do you recognise that specific feeling, craving, physical or emotional sensation in your body which provokes you to go and binge eat? It is very strong and unpleasant feeling that forces you to over eat. I was "giving in" to that desire all the time for all those years, until I made a decision to stop.

Every time I felt a temptation to binge eat, I was repeating to my self: "everything is temporary and don't last for ever, cravings are temporary too, they will go away soon, just wait a little bit more". At first it was hard, but after 4-6 times, desire to binge eat was weaker and weaker until completely disappeared.

So basically: Be aware of cravings, it can take some time to go away, stay calm and wait until desire pass, because it will eventually.

p.s and of course eat healthy, not calorie restricted, nutritionally rich diet, which suits you!