Every day goals/rituals

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Every day goals/rituals

Post by RRM »

He probably meant that your acne was not the occasional pimple that comes and goes,
but that you had real acne, that required treatment.
He could not possible have meant that your acne was going to be there for the rest of your life,
because what doctors learn in school,
is that acne is over 90% a 'puberty thing' (and that food or lifestyle has nothing to do with it).
And even for the other 10%, that percentage goes down with age.
Very rarely, someone still has acne at the age of 85.
That is what they learn, and its impossible to tell by the look of your face how long your acne will last.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think you overestimate doctors a little bit.
He didn't say that my acne would stay until age 85 or something.
He probably didn't say the exact words that I would have acne the rest of my life.
I think close to his exact words where something like:
"This is not normal puberty acne. This acne is not going away after teenage years."

The reason I still know this is, because this was the reason he convinced me to use this medication.
Many times I'm asked why I did this cure for 8 months (as I couldn't drink alcohol because of this cure).
And I would tell them that I didn't had normal puberty acne, that would go away, and that I didn't want to still have acne at age 25.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:I think close to his exact words where something like:
"This is not normal puberty acne. This acne is not going away after teenage years."
If he really said that, i can think of only one reason: that he somehow benefitted from prescribing you this medication,
because there is no scientific, logical or other basis for his assumption.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Every doctor benefits from prescribing any drug, directly and indirectly.
dime

Post by dime »

Are you sure Oscar? That doesn't make so much sense to me, unless he was manufacturing or reselling that drug. Typically people are paid by the time they spend working..
Even if it was so, doctors are expected to be professional as in any other job. After all you can easily sue the doctor if he made a wrong diagnosis and prescribed something just for the benefit HE would have from prescribing you that.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:you can easily sue the doctor if he made a wrong diagnosis and prescribed something just for the benefit HE would have from prescribing you that.
You cannot sue the doctor for prescribing you anti-acne drugs if you have acne.
So, all a doctor has to do, is make the right diagnosis and then prescribe any drug related to that diagnosis.
All he needs to do, is feed the worries of the patient, stressing the worst possible outcome of his diagnosis.
You can send most of your patients home with the reassurance that their complaint represents nothing serious,
and will go away with time, or you can send virtually each and one of them home with a prescription.
dime wrote:Are you sure Oscar? That doesn't make so much sense to me, unless he was manufacturing or reselling that drug. Typically people are paid by the time they spend working..
There are various ways to reward prescribing behaviour.
Doctors are invited for congresses in luxurous resorts, paid by pharmaceutical companies,
they may fulfill a function in a foundation sponsored by these companies,
and are expected to return that favor.
Its not fiction, but represents actuality, at least here in the Netherlands and the US