Diet diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Diet diary

Post by Kasper »

How do you get the raw cheese, raw yoghurt ?
And do you still use raw shake liver oil?
dime

Post by dime »

Raw cheese is easy, there are many varietes of cheese that are raw. But raw yoghurt doesn't sounds like an easy thing to find, probably you have to make it yourself from raw milk.

Dairy is bad in so many ways, I'd stay away from it if I were you. You say that you like to stay away from addictive substances in cooked food, well dairy is full of them, no matter how raw.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Well I dont get uncrontrolable cravings for it, and its a good source of minerals and something I enjoy alot. I buy one small pack each week. So I dont see a reason why I should quit. In the long term I might, for now see it as a nutritous munch food.
dime

Post by dime »

What minerals besides calcium?
overkees

Post by overkees »

Zinc especially
dime

Post by dime »

Beef typically has twice as much zinc per weight.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I dont like beef aanymore..
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Egg yolks contain almost as much zinc (90%) as beef does.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

What minerals besides calcium?
Yoghurt is is also high in iodine according to this site:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... nt&dbid=69

But still, how do you get this raw yoghurt overkees ?
dime

Post by dime »

That's because cows are fed iodine-enriched food, naturally milk is not that high in iodine.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/89/7/3421.full
Milk iodine content increased by 300–500% over the period from 1965–1980, largely due to changes in cattle feeds (16). Iodine is also introduced into cows’ milk by the use of iodophor disinfectant in pre- and postmilking teat dips and udder washes. Such teat dips contain up to 1% available iodine and have been shown to significantly increase milk iodine residues by absorption through the skin and subsequent incorporation into milk (18, 19).
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Okay, I was already puzzled why it was so high in iodine.
So maybe organic dairy products are lower in iodine ?
dime

Post by dime »

Probably not, iodine is not some synthetic pesticide; organic usually means free of artificial pesticides as far as I know.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Hmm, I don't know for sure about the yogurt anymore. It says sheeps milk as ingredient. But on most of the other yogurts it said pasteurized milk. So it might not be raw...
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

http://www.nvge.nl/uploads/Wj/YL/WjYLyx ... r-2012.pdf

Dutch publication about benefits of a fat rich diet.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Yeah, I really think the most optimal diet consists of a good balance of unsaturated omega 3 : omega 6, mono unsaturated fats and the bulk coming from a lot of different saturated fats. Short and medium chain fatty acids are the preference. Make sure you're getting alot of vitamin E and carotenes in the fats and also a substantial amount of vitamin D and vitamin K2. I feel best on this kind of diet and I believe the fat burning process is a very clean process, even cleaner than carb burning. As it is intended by nature to preserve life by saving as much good substances such as glucose and protein as possible and getting read of unneeded substances (your body thinks that you could die from starvation). The carb based diet is bases on anabolic principles to grow fast, but I believe that there also is a flipside to this anabolic principle.

Fats should provide all the energy calories, except for the essential glucose related processes. Brain uses the only essential glucose I believe. So, let's see how much that is. According to http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-much ... z2Cr9RsoHK the brain uses up to 120g a day and alot can be done by ketones and 50-75% can be replaces by ketones. Therefore around 30-50g of glucose are essential. This glucose can be made by dietary protein aswell, but as we already know that is far from optimal.
It is also proven that the body works better with alot of different fuels, like pyruvates, lactate, glucose and ketones. Claimed in the article I posted.

So forcing your body into ketsosis, by fasting for 2 days and repeating this every once in a while can really help your body to rely on fat as main source for burning for energy. To make it alot faster do a workout or start running on the first day. Break the fast by eating only fats and oils on the third day with only a little carbs. Alot of lemon juice neutralized with baking soda (not more than 2 small teaspoons a day) is ideal in my opinion, royal jelly is a good one too. I would recommend egg yolks for the protein on the third day too. If you don't do this and start eating meats and fish on the third it will be harder because your body will rely on dietary protein too much. So only a couple of yolks for protein. This is a useful article for why protein needs to be low: http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/fat-not-protein.html

After you've managed to make the transition from full ketosis without any physical discomfort except for the occasional hungry belly feeling, your body can switch to ketosis without hassle. This means that if you stay in ketosis and eat a little too much carbs on one day you won't be knocked out of ketosis so easily (the brain will act as a buffer) and if it does happen you will not get physical discomforts to get into ketosis once again.

Now comes the part to combine this knowledge in a wai diet (and in my opinion combine it with additional low antinutrient : high nutrient foods like carrots (very good!) or beetroot (okay) for instance). Therefore for choosing fruits I would recommend lemons. They have alot of vitamins (vitamin C!) and minerals (potassium!) and are very low sugar. One cup of 250g only cotnains about 21g carbs with only 6g of sugar. Raw organic Apple cider vinegar is also an option, it has virtually no sugar and some minerals (low). Lemons are far more nutritious though. I would also recommend to have some orange juice as it is also very nutritious but if you do, do not take more than 1L a day (100g carbs of which 70-80g sugar). Also some home pressed carrot juice is a very good choice, 1L max (between 70-80g carbs with 30-40g sugar). It is easier to rely on carrots and lemons in the beginning as you are getting used to the switching to ketosis. This is due to the high sugar content of orange juice which raises insulin too much and you will be very insulin sensitive on a keto diet. Carrots are my preference as they contain more fructose compared to glucose which results in less high insulin and they are very very nutritious and don't contain alot of antinutrients (the most nutritious vegetable I have found so far). After a while you can try how you will react to orange juice (be sure to add alot of fats to the juice).

In fact I think that carrots are pretty much essential as they have such a good mineral distribution. They are so handy for this kind of diet. Relying only on lemons, apple cider vinegar and oranges might not be enough.

A note is that the lemon juice will be very acidic and this can harm the teeth. I have experienced a long time of suffering due to the oranges in my diet that were a large attack on my teeth. This effect was synergized due to the presence of a biofilm that is very hard to kill with conventional brushing techniques. Therefore I recommend adding one or two small teaspoons of soda to lemon juice to neutralize the acids. For OJ 1 teaspoon for a liter is enough. The metabolites of soda when reacting to acids are carbon dioixde and sodium. The wai diet provides very small amounts of sodium so this is not a problem at all. And in fact due to the high potassium amounts in oranges and lemons it is pretty good in balance, it gives a very teeth strengethening effect. I was able to restore my two sensitive teeth in about a week. For apple cider vinegar also add 1 or 2 teaspoons max to neutralize it. You can neutralize 200mL apple cider vinegar with it or 2 lemons. Don't add more and so don't eat more than 2 lemons a day.

This is the carbs part. For the fats I would say that red palm oil is essential for the very very good vitamin E distribution, coconut oil to provide the bulk of the energy, some olive oil for the good mono unsaturated fatty acids, and I would also say spring grass fed organic butter is essential as it is not so expensive and provides alot of vitamin A and vitamin D and just tastes delicious. If allergic, you should try to make your own ghee au bain marie. I also like the taste of cocoa butter but it is definitely not essential and totally optional.

For the other B vitamins and minerals and the protein: raw egg yolks, raw beef, raw fish, parma ham. Only eat once every other day, mainly relying on fish and yolks considering optimality. I try to take as less as possible to prevent the breakdown of protein into glucose. Always consume a small amount of carbs before eating animal stuff to maximize absorption. Also try to do excercise to keep your body from breaking down muscles it doens't need.
The silly part is that I have much more muscles now... I have even gotten bigger biceps without doing any exercise other than running. My urine is mostly odourless. And I don't have any signs of energy deficiency as I would on the wai diet previously. I do get hungry, but it is optional for me to do something about it, there will be no consequences. Although eating is yummy so I mostly respond to these signals :).

I am still figuring out if I can replace some of the animal products with bee pollen. I can't find much info on antinutrients in bee pollen. Will report later on this.