Diet diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Diet diary

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:If I were in nature
In nature, fats are scarse (compared to sugars and protein).
Naturally, fats are not our primary source of energy.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Eh... Yes in nature everything is scarce, you can't sip OJ all day long. Therefore we would rely mainly on accumulated bodyfat as primary source. And eating as much as we are comfortable with.otherwise.

If I find food in nature I will eat a lot of it unless I'm sure I can find something easily.
overkees

Post by overkees »

RRM wrote:Only by overstimulating insulin, you will cause bad effects.
There is nothing wrong about insulin by itself.
Insulin, for example, also stimulates the uptake of amines in the brain for conversion into neurotransmitters,
I just reread this post:

But what are you talking about, protein itself has an insulin raising effect too. And there is still an avg amount of 100g dietary glucose.. ? I don't get it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote: But what are you talking about, protein itself has an insulin raising effect too. And there is still an avg amount of 100g dietary glucose.. ? I don't get it.
That quote was a response to this:
overkees wrote:its more the same as high protein increases growth and theferefore also speeds aging, too much insulin will do so too. If you are doing Wai very strict and really have a lot of small meals this effect is probably neglectable but still I think this version would be safer.
You were saying that like glucose, protein is stimulating insulin secretion, and that too much insulin will speed up aging.
And that you think that a high fat, low protein, low sugar diet, including fasting, is better, to minimize insulin secretion.
That this is safer.
Im saying that there is no ground to bypass the insulin system as much as possible.
Your focus may be better when the uptake of amino acids in the brain is optimal,
which requires a quite constant (low) level of insulin activity.
Relying on fats for the bulk of your energy, and particularly fasting may cause sub-optimal functioning of the brain.
overkees

Re: Diet dairy

Post by overkees »

insulin sensitivity also increases when low on carbs, so if you have your 1L OJ as sugar source and you sip to it during the day it might even have a better effect on uptake of amines. I don't know about this and I think there is no way to know.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:First of all: insulin sensitivity also increases when low on carbs
On normal diets you are low on carbs in between meals.
On this diet, you are taking energy so frequently that you are never low on carbs.
overkees

overkees

Post by overkees »

I really need more sugar. I was on very low sugar (1L OJ + 1teaspoon honey or molasses) and very high fat. But I really started craving sugars bad time and I feasted on alot of candy for a few days (like +200g a day : :shock: ). Fruit was not nearly as satisfactory.
The thing that I really don't like of the wai diet is the constant need for energy. I need to drink every half an hour and I find this rather annoying. Eating something like 7-8 meals a day is better suiting for me. The high fat diet made that possible and that was a good thing. I sometimes can't drink for 2 hours in classes (I still do it sneaky sometimes), so it's pretty tough to rely on OJ only. How do you do it? Don't you crave sugars?

My teeth are going really really great. Everytime after a meal I take a tablet of baking soda which I will let dissolve in my mouth. It neutralizes all acids and makes the saliva alkaline again. My sensitive teeth are almost completely restored. I really started craving egg yolks all of a sudden btw. They are great for tooth health due to the vitamin A + vitamin D + (high) vitamin K2. In combination with a few teaspoons of molasses (12%calcium, 10% potassium, 7.5% magnesium!) it's going pretty damn fast, I have been battling these sensitive teeth for so long and now finally I have found the perfect protocol. My tongue is always as pink as a baby's tongue. Even if I don't take my baking soda for one whole day it's still pink, even after 200g candy :P . Normally this would have my mouth covered with plaque. I believe I'm finally beating that stupid biofilm coating on the tongue.

I'm still not above 40MCP btw. Everytime I'm going above 40 for a longer period I will get symptoms of a cold. My tonsil is still changing in size. The one day it is pretty small and then it is almost as large as it previously was again. I'm gargling with xylitol, baking soda, with Royal Jelly, with a very strong manuka honey and seasalt all independent throughout the day and humming my god damn ass off but still I can't win of this damned tonsil/sinus infection. I can definately say it is doing something but it takes ages to keep it small in size. I'm really fed up with this constantly returning cold everytime and losing it everytime. I even started to have nasal showers with xylitol a couple of times a day and even do some with the manuka honey which burns like hell. I will not be defeated and will continue with this, eventually I will win.
Not doing the protocol will result in feeling very good and not having a cold, but my tonsil will stay enlarged with some dark red spots covered on it.. so stopping with the protocol is no solution.
It's so annoying. I get all kinds of cold symptoms while my health is really good, in fact has never been better. It's also only physical complaints and I feel really great mentally. Totally not like being sick pre-wai/buteyko, which results in feeling wrecked an drained.
Any suggestions what I can add to the treatment?

The athlete's foot are under control. I haven't had any outbreaks since I'm applying antifungal creams twice a day and microwaving my socks when they are still wet from the washing machine and putting them in the freezer afterwards. Using probiotic shoe powder in the shoes and alternating with them (6 pairs). Still a little pinkishness at some toes though. I will keep on doing this until I'm +40 MCP, because I don't want to get reinfected before achieving +40 MCP.

My gut seems to be very healthy. Had some troubles after eating something that went bad and had terrible diarrhea for a few days but 'have the no soiling effect already.
At least my sleep is pretty stable with an avg of 7 hours now! I'm really amazed and feel great that I have achieved this great victory already.
dime

Post by dime »

Do you know what are the medical options for treating that enlarged tonsil? And what are the possible causes? You can start from there to get a better idea of what might work, instead of killing it with all the different xylitol, manuka, etc. It reminds me of my problem with the tongue.. one day it's great, few days later it's messed up. It's probably something lowering the ability of your immune system, at least that's what I suspect in my case. E.g. all in one day I'll eat raw ground meat which is probably loaded with bacteria, lift weights in the gym, walk for an hour at below zero, and maybe sleep less than optimal, all of which really overwhelm the immune system.

Glad to hear about your sleep! Do you keep track of your sleep regularly, I mean are you sure it's 7 hours consistently for a whole month?
Emeira

Re: overkees

Post by Emeira »

overkees wrote:I
The thing that I really don't like of the wai diet is the constant need for energy. I need to drink every half an hour and I find this rather annoying. Eating something like 7-8 meals a day is better suiting for me. The high fat diet made that possible and that was a good thing. I sometimes can't drink for 2 hours in classes (I still do it sneaky sometimes), so it's pretty tough to rely on OJ only. How do you do it? Don't you crave sugars?
im constantly thinking about food. its very annoying.
sometimes i even eat more fruits than i need to calm myself :(
RRM
Administrator

Re: overkees

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:I
The thing that I really don't like of the wai diet is the constant need for energy. I need to drink every half an hour and I find this rather annoying.
The good thing about this is that you are very much in tune with your actual energy needs,
so that you can easily prevent weight gain and weight loss and always feel energetic as well.
The being-in-tune with my energy needs makes me very much feel alive,
as opposed to consuming much protein / fat.
Also, this way you will never overstimulate insulin, which easily happens on a high-protein diet (not high-fat, i know).
overkees

Post by overkees »

I hope you're aware of the fact that I never proposed to eat high protein? Because otherwise we misunderstood.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, i know. I was just elaborating.
RRM
Administrator

overkees

Post by RRM »

It helped me to restore my teeth almost completely
How on earth is that even remotely possible...
Drinking milk would help in that case... :)
overkees

overkees

Post by overkees »

It helped me to restore my teeth almost completely
How on earth is that even remotely possible...
Drinking milk would help in that case... :)
Remineralisation it is called. Strangely enough I can eat up to 100g molasses and have no white coating at the end of the day.
Milk is very acidifying for the teeth in the end. It gives alot of mucus too. I always ended up with a terrible white coating in my mouth after a couple of hours.
But wow, I did not know that hazelnuts contained such an afwul big amount. Hazelnutfig cookies it will be then :)

1kg of navel oranges (peeled) you get 400mg of calcium
orange juice that is 110mg calcium per 1kg

So.. you get almost nothing from OJ. You need to eat them with the fiber.

Phytic acid in hazelnuts can be diminished by soaking them overnight... any data on how much calcium and phytic acid there is in soaked hazelnuts? Using logic: It will result in a very tiny amount of calcium.

If you're not acidic due to a bad lifestyle or bad health in the past and present, then yes the low calcium of wai diet won't be a problem. But to a lot of people it is a problem and supplementing with a bit calcium is highly recommended by me. Calcium citrate!
RRM
Administrator

Re: I suspect deficiencies

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:... orange juice that is 110mg calcium per 1kg
So.. you get almost nothing from OJ.
Ha ha, sometimes you are funny, overkees.
If i drink OJ and consume some animal food, i will need to drink enough to get enough energy, right?
And by doing so, i also ingest enough calcium.
Hazelnuts contain a lot more, so no need to elaborate here.
any data on how much calcium and phytic acid there is in soaked hazelnuts? Using logic: It will result in a very tiny amount of calcium.
This "very tiny amount" will probably be more than enough to fulfill your calcium requirements.
Just check out studies about phytic acid and calcium uptake ratios.
If you're not acidic due to a bad lifestyle
So, overkees, can you tell me how i can measure whether someone is 'acidic'?