Still not completely clear

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Graham
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Still not completely clear

Post by Graham »

Hey guys, I started this diet (the 100% acne sample one) about 7 months ago, and since 6 months ago I've only cheated twice, by having a handful of "raw" (shelled) almonds because I ran out of food at my parents house. My face has indeed cleared up a ton and I barely have any acne anymore, but I still get the occasional pimple and it drives me crazy. Also the leftover red marks never seem to fade, some of mine are like 3 years old now and I haven't noticed any change in the healing rate (this diet is supposed to speed it up, right?).

I feel great on this diet and have absolutely no other complaints about the health of my mind/body other than the acne, so I'm having trouble putting my finger on what I could be doing wrong, because to my knowledge I'm following this diet 100% all the time (except those 2 times, which were long ago), even though I do a couple things a bit differently than most people here. So I'm gonna just outline my general daily eating habits and see if you guys can spot any improvements I can make.

The biggest thing I do differently is that I don't make any juice. I'm gonna ask for a juicer for my birthday so that will change soon though.

I eat about 10 meals a day, every hour and a half, and the meals either consist of cut up tomato and egg yolk (don't know any better thing to put my yolks with), an avocado, or any other type of fruit with olive oil (extra virgin cold pressed). I look up the sugar content of the fruit online and then calculate out how much olive oil I need to take to maintain a 2:1 sugar/fat balance. There is no sashimi nearby my university, so I just eat more egg yolks.

As far as fruits go I mostly eat watermelon and oranges, as I love their taste. I also get grapes, and sometimes dates and mango. I eat a wide variety of other fruits as well but the particular fruits I mentioned are generally my staple (I might be forgetting one).

I was thinking about starting a daily diet diary on here and going over exactly what I eat everyday, but I figured this would suffice, and you guys don't wanna read over every single meal I have every hour and a half :wink: .

I get as much sleep as I want, and go to sleep decently early (I aim for before midnight, usually end up going to bed at 11). I live a pretty stress free life, and dabble in buteyko exercises. I don't use any chemical hair/skin products, the only things I put on my body are coconut oil and water. So I think I'm covering all the big non-diet factors correct?

Hopefully you guys can help me out, I loathe acne with a very deep passion haha. If you have ANY ideas at all about how I can improve my lifestyle for combating acne please let me know, no matter how small they might be. I' have a couple random little ideas (my next step would be to experiment with removing grapes and dates completely), but I figured I may as well come to the experts.
dime

Re: Still not completely clear

Post by dime »

Hi there!
Do you never eat fish? Otherwise I'd say your doing everything right.
It sounds like a good idea to avoid certain fruits like grapes or dates for a while and see how it goes without them.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Still not completely clear

Post by RRM »

Graham wrote:the leftover red marks never seem to fade, some of mine are like 3 years old now and I haven't noticed any change in the healing rate (this diet is supposed to speed it up, right?).
No, this diet is not supposed to speed up the healing process.
The healing process should go as slow as it necessary to heal properly. Speeding up the healing process may cause scarring, as a more hasty process may be less precise.
Unfortunately, in some/many people healing occurs with scarring anyway.
The biggest thing I do differently is that I don't make any juice. I'm gonna ask for a juicer for my birthday so that will change soon though.
Then make absolutely sure its the right juicer.
For oranges you need to use a citrus juicer
and for other fruits a slow juicer. (no blender of any type!)
I eat about 10 meals a day, .. tomato and egg yolk ... watermelon and oranges ... grapes,
... dates and mango. ... a wide variety of other fruits
No nuts?
How many yolks a day?
Any fish at home?
I was thinking about starting a daily diet diary on here and going over exactly what I eat everyday
Great idea.
I think I'm covering all the big non-diet factors correct?
Yes, it seems so.
If you have ANY ideas at all about how I can improve my lifestyle for combating acne please let me know
If your diet is really 100% ok (as it seems),
and you are not eting any nuts either,
there is only 1 thing left to do: lowering your protein intake to the point that its still sufficient
for maintenance, but not anabolic.
I' have a couple random little ideas (my next step would be to experiment with removing grapes and dates completely)
Are those dates dried dates?
Any other dried fruits?