A year on Wai

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Aquaman
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

A year on Wai

Post by Aquaman »

Hello!

Around this time last year I embarked on the Wai diet to cure my acne. I wasn't a full on pizza face, but I would get these painful blemishes across my face, the main thing that afflicted my complexion was the left-over redness when the pimple is gone.

Anyway, when I started the Wai diet, I actually splurged a little bit and had a few sips of mochas here (and got a few breakouts because of it) and there but ultimately I stuck to it. Today, as of right now, I have no active zits my face. I'll indulge in 3-5 heated snacks a week, usually tortillas with cheese, tomato and avocado. This might give me some whiteheads in the morning but those go away in an instant so it doesn't matter.
I've cut out mochas completely, since the breakouts I get from those are harder to recover from than my tortillas. Also, during holiday time, I had meats, potatos and yams, but that didn't harm me TOO much, because whenever I have cooked food as a meal (very rare), I take psyllium husk pills with it, as the fiber absorbs a lot of the bad stuff in the cooked food. Some people use such pills to go hog wild with food that is bad for you, but I don't do that since the pills don't 100% prevent breakouts, just greatly reduce the effects of having cooked food, it's like triage.

Anyway, I've still got some red marks to deal with on my face(which are going away with applications of rosehip oil and manuka honey), my face in general has a somewhat pinker tinge than the rest of my body but it's not as noticeable as it used to be. My bacne is unfortunately still a problem for me. While the Wai diet has greatly reduced the bacne I have, at any one time I have 3-4 welts on my back. One time I actually managed to have no bacne after a few sessions in a tanning booth, but even so, I'd like to resolve this problem through diet rather than external application.

Other things I've noticed, is that since I've been on the Wai diet for so long, the few times I had a big cooked meal, I got really tired afterwards and my mouth CRAVED water. Also, just a general note on complexion, I've noticed that my complexion is more even when I work out regularly, so Wai combined with working out is super helpful.

Anyway, that's my story, I'm very thankful I found this site, because while my skin isn't perfect, for once I'm not treating acne with a vast selection of lotions and potions, and it feels good not having to worry about putting a ton of crap on my face every day, I feel like I'm more in control of what my body does and how it reacts, so thanks so much!
Maia

Re: A year on Wai

Post by Maia »

Hi, it's great that it works for you – congrats! :D

If you really want your bacne to go away completely maybe you should try to be super strict for a while, meaning: No munch foods like tortillas and cheese whatsoever, only the wai diet foods and NOTHING else! What do you say?! ;)
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear :)
I agree with Maia, go strict until everything is gone and work from there.
Aquaman

Post by Aquaman »

Thanks guys! I will indeed be going super hardcore on Wai starting today, I'll report back when I have the results!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aquaman wrote:Thanks guys! I will indeed be going super hardcore on Wai starting today, I'll report back when I have the results!
Perfect. I will move this thread to diet diaries, so that you can ask questions and keep us updated in this thread.