fred's journal

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: fred's journal

Post by dime »

I don't think the BG drop is due to effect of protein on insulin.
Notice he eats the meat at 12:00 and BG drop is at 13:10, I wouldn't say meat along with extra fat is that quickly digested.
Maybe sugar is being used up in the digestion process (stomach moving around or whatever)?
overkees

Post by overkees »

I think you've got a endotoxin problem in your gut which **** up your calcium and magnesium balance which results in a lot of your described problems.
fred

Post by fred »

@Overkees : I totally agree with you that some of my troubles (especially digestive and maybe low CP) is caused by bacterial imbalanced and I am in the process of fixing it with a zero fiber diet and low saturate fat. I now only drink pure OJ and eat honey, meat/egg yolks/seafood and some olive oil mayonnaise and coconut oil. I have found that long chain saturated fat like hard fat attached to meat or even tallow are very bad for my system. Only short chain saturated fat like coconut oil seem ok in moderation. I believe it is because hard fat is very hard to digest and increase my blood viscosity (forcing my heart to pump harder and faster).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:I don't think the BG drop is due to effect of protein on insulin.
Notice he eats the meat at 12:00 and BG drop is at 13:10, I wouldn't say meat along with extra fat is that quickly digested.
The moment you eat something, the body is already responding with digestive juice release.
The moment that the body signals the presence of amino acids or glucose ready for absorption into the blood,
the body already responds with insulin secretion.
It doesnt take that long to absorb the first amino acids from meat.
Maybe sugar is being used up in the digestion process (stomach moving around or whatever
I think its mostly fatty acids being used by the intestines.
fred

Post by fred »

So a protein meal clears up my blood glucose. This would explain why I can eat more fat with protein than with sugary food without having my heart uncomforted. Given that my body is able to handle only a limited amount of calorie in my blood, does that make sense to you?

I am doing very well on a zero fibre/hard fat diet and low protein in terms of energy and gut, but not in terms of vision which stays blurred. I could try to eat less calorie but my weight is too low for that. Any idea?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:So a protein meal clears up my blood glucose.
Yes, it increases insulin, which decreases glucose.
This would explain why I can eat more fat with protein than with sugary food without having my heart uncomforted. Given that my body is able to handle only a limited amount of calorie in my blood, does that make sense to you?
Your body can handle fat+protein than sugar+protein?
Then its not about calories, but about insulin stimulation, as fat contains more calories than sugar,
but does not stimulate insulin, unlike protein and sugar.
So, you may be very insulin sensitive.
I am doing very well on a zero fibre/hard fat diet and low protein in terms of energy and gut, but not in terms of vision which stays blurred. I could try to eat less calorie but my weight is too low for that. Any idea?
What are all the correlations so far that you experienced with blurry vision?
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:
This would explain why I can eat more fat with protein than with sugary food without having my heart uncomforted. Given that my body is able to handle only a limited amount of calorie in my blood, does that make sense to you?
Your body can handle fat+protein than sugar+protein?
Then its not about calories, but about insulin stimulation, as fat contains more calories than sugar,
but does not stimulate insulin, unlike protein and sugar.
So, you may be very insulin sensitive.
When I eat sugar+fat, it disturbs my heart, even with very little fat (sugar alone is ok). When I eat protein+fat, no disturbance even with a substantial amount of fat. Is it because protein lowers my blood glucose, which makes more "room" (in terms of calorie) for fat ?
RRM wrote:
What are all the correlations so far that you experienced with blurry vision?
I believe it is correlated to a high blood glucose because the more I eat fruits, the more my vision is blurred. I have noticed that several times in the past. A meat+fat only diet didn't disturbed my vision. I am sure that if I eat less sugar, my vision will resume. But I will have less energy and loose weight.
What about eating small amount of protein (say one egg yolk) 3-4 times a day in order to lower my blood glucose during all the day, rather than only in the evening ?
dime

Post by dime »

fred how old are you?

I kinda have similar problem like you, though I wouldn't say my vision gets blurred. It's more like my eyes get tired after eating a bit more of something (irrelevant of whether it's glucose/protein/fat I think). It lasts like 5-10 minutes. Typically I'm never tired/without energy on the wai diet, just my eyes get sluggish from time to time like this.

You make little sense in your ideas about why and how to fix your blurred vision though. I think it may be more useful to study a bit how the eye works and what affects it.
fred

Post by fred »

dime wrote:fred how old are you?

I kinda have similar problem like you, though I wouldn't say my vision gets blurred. It's more like my eyes get tired after eating a bit more of something (irrelevant of whether it's glucose/protein/fat I think). It lasts like 5-10 minutes. Typically I'm never tired/without energy on the wai diet, just my eyes get sluggish from time to time like this.

You make little sense in your ideas about why and how to fix your blurred vision though. I think it may be more useful to study a bit how the eye works and what affects it.
I am 44. I am talking about constant blurred vision (distant) when I eat a lot of fruits. My eyes are generally not tired.
High blood glucose can affect eyes as many diabetics suffered from blindness.
I would be happy to read your recommendation and knowledge about this issue.
dime

Post by dime »

But you don't have high blood glucose, your BG goes hardly above 100 (or did I miss something?)
Like RRM said, maybe you're too insulin sensitive, and your problem is actually too low BG? You should measure the BG when you have this problem.

I think blurry vision/tired eyes would be related to the eye muscles, which I think are using glucose. So I'm more inclined to think the issue is due to drop of BG in the blood.

wiki
Glucose is the primary energy source for the lens. As mature lens fibers do not have mitochondria, approximately 80% of the glucose is metabolized via anaerobic metabolism.[19] The remaining fraction of glucose is shunted primarily down the pentose phosphate pathway.[19] The lack of aerobic respiration means that the lens consumes very little oxygen as well.[19]
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20702816
Glucose uptake in extraocular muscles is regulated by insulin and contractile activity. There is evidence of differences in the insulin signaling pathway that may explain the low glycogen content in these muscles.
So there is something special about eye muscles.
fred

Post by fred »

This blurred distant vision is constant on a high fruit diet (all day from morning even before eating to evening), and I had this issue when I did the BG measures last week.

All I know is that it is related to a "high" sugar intake. If I lower my sugar intake, it will vanish in a few days. There is no doubt about that.

If it was caused by drop in BG, I would have other symptoms like lack of energy but on the contrary my energy level is good and constant (I also have cramps when I eat a lot of sugar like dates, bananas or honey but also on a high fat/meat only diet).

I was considering reintroducing some green vegetable juice. Vegetables helped me in the past to stabilize my BG on a high fruit diet when I ate too much at a time.
overkees

Post by overkees »

What I suspect is happening is a swelling going on at your lens due to the sugars you are eating. An inflammatory response triggered most likely by insulin.

Have you tried eating tomatos? How do you respond to it? I have a feeling they can help due to the high lycopene content.

Other good things that might help are lutein and zeaxanthin. These are found in high doses in the eyes. I think yolks are best for lutein. I don't know about zeaxanthin.

I don't want to be a partypooper, but the lauric acid in coconut oil also raises insulin I believe, but only to a small extent..
fred

Post by fred »

I believe that I don't eat enough fat compared to all this sugar I take from fruit juices. Olive and coconut oil are refined food and my body react to them. I tried today home-made coconut milk and it goes without trouble (no heart disturbance). I need to find the good source of fat that suits me best.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Do you have a slow juicer? Otherwise it will take a very, very long time to make it.

I can make coconut milk from like 5 coconuts in 1.5 hours with my slow juicer. I use a very flexible knife to pop the coconut meat out, this takes some training but I can do it within 5 minutes per coconut now. Then I peel it with a peeler and let it run through my slow juicer ones. Then I throw the pulp in how water and let it run through it aftetr 20 minutes again and mix it with the cream I seperated already. I get a very strong and thick coconut milk that tastes absolutely delicious with little to no fiber. But otherwise it will be a hell of a task.
Last edited by overkees on Wed 20 Mar 2013 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:I think yolks are best for lutein. I don't know about zeaxanthin.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3053
On this diet, egg yolk contains the highest levels (mol%) of lutein and zeaxanthin,
Kiwi, grapes and orange juice also contain substantial amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin. Full Free Text
the lauric acid in coconut oil also raises insulin I believe, but only to a small extent..
Correct. Similar to capric acid and linoleic acid.Garfinkel M et al
So, you might want to try extra virgin, denocciolato olive oil instead of coconut oil.

Coconut oil contains:
6% capric acid
45% lauric acid
2% linoleic acid

Olive oil contains:
8% linoleic acid
(no capric acid nor lauric acid, mainly oleic acid)