fred's journal

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: fred's journal

Post by fred »

overkees wrote:Do you have a slow juicer? Otherwise it will take a very, very long time to make it.

I can make coconut milk from like 5 coconuts in 1.5 hours with my slow juicer. I use a very flexible knife to pop the coconut meat out, this takes some training but I can do it within 5 minutes now. Then I peel it with a peeler and let it run through my slow juicer ones. Then I throw the pulp in how water and let it run through it aftetr 20 minutes again and mix it with the cream I seperated already. I get a very strong and thick coconut milk that tastes absolutely delicious with little to no fiber. But otherwise it will be a hell of a task.
Very interesting. I have a slow juicer indeed (Hurom HU-400) but have no success yet with coconut. The juicer tends to block with coconut meat, even when the meat has been blended before. The output of the juicer is too small and quickly clogs. However I don't peel the coconut. But I am really surprised that you can pass 5 coconuts in a row through your slow juicer.
I really need to manage to do that!
Can you give more details, or take pictures of the process?
Is the peeling really required (very long) ?
Did you get some cream at the first run?
Do you remove the hot water at the second run ?
Do you use your juicer in s special way, or like you use it for any other juice ?
What model do you have?
fred

Post by fred »

I found this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIrbcaSqHvM "Making Coconut Milk in the Omega VERT VRT330 Juicer"
The guy first blend the meat with water, and then pass it through the juicer.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Nonono!!

1) Just put in the meat without it being cut. Just in big lumps. Make sure to remove the whipers.Then it will get really creamy on the inside. Take this out with a spoon and put it apart.

2) The slow juicer has seperated the pulp, even without the whipers, so put this pulp in hot water and wait a bit. Then let this soaked pulp run through the slow juicer, but this time make sure you add the whipers.

optional: 3) add this soaked coconut milky substance with the coconut cream, or eat it seperated.

Good luck and please let me know if something isn't clear. I tried it with the method from the youtube video, but it was not cool... this always works for me.
fred

Post by fred »

I have reduced my OJ intake and my eyes are no more hurting. However vision is still blurred.
I don't think there is anything special in OJ that was hurting my eyes. My body simply had too much of the same food and was reacting this way. The reaction would have been different with another food (for instance heart discomfort with too much fatty food), but the cause is the same : lack of variety. When my body says stop to OJ, it doesn't mean that it doesn't need carbs and that my glycogen stores are full for example. It just mean that it needs something else.

Conclusion : I need a varied diet, with different source of sugary food. Same thing for fat and protein.
fred

My diet

Post by fred »

Regarding my own experience, you can't explain why raw high cholesterol/fat food intake gave me high blood cholesterol, that doesn't fit into your reasoning, so you simply discard it by saying that I have other health issues.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Dietary (good) cholesterol essential?

Post by RRM »

you can't explain why raw high cholesterol/fat food intake gave me high blood cholesterol, that doesn't fit into your reasoning, so you simply discard it by saying that I have other health issues.
You dont know what caused what, at all.
There are so many factors involved in cholesterol metabolism and your case is obviously complex.
Sure, dietary cholesterol does influence serum cholesterol, to some extend.
The big question is: is this elevated cholesterol good for you, or not?
You dont know whether you are at risk regarding artherosclerosis, at all. (other than that association)
Do you have any indication whatsoever whether your arteries are getting clogged?
It might be very interesting to know....
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:Do you have any indication whatsoever whether your arteries are getting clogged?
It might be very interesting to know....
I don't know if my arteries were clogged, but I know that it was not healthy because of the symptoms associated with this elevated cholesterol and triglycerides. And I am sure it was caused by my diet high in raw saturated fat/cholesterol because symptoms disappeared after I resumed an omnivorous diet.
I am not scared and don't want to scare anyone. I believe a prudent diet is better.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What symptoms associated with elevated cholesterol and triglycerides?
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:What symptoms associated with elevated cholesterol and triglycerides?
Arrhythmia, high pulse and blood pressure, fluctuating energy level, sensitive teeth, cramps.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

These are not at all exclusive to cholesterol/triglycerides, as you have reported yourself...
dime

Post by dime »

I have none of these problems. Maybe because triglycerides are low, or maybe because I'm younger.

But you're sure that you don't have these issues anymore, now that your cholesterol is lower?
fred

Post by fred »

dime wrote:I have none of these problems. Maybe because triglycerides are low, or maybe because I'm younger.

But you're sure that you don't have these issues anymore, now that your cholesterol is lower?
YES, except for muscle cramps that I have when I eat more sugary food (banana, date, honey) than usual.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:These are not at all exclusive to cholesterol/triglycerides, as you have reported yourself...
Except for cramps and energy level, the others are associated to an excess fat/cholesterol intake I believe. At the same time, it was the only diet that enables me to gain weight (I was at my best).
Had also gout symptom (inflammation and pain in fingertips) : too much acidity
fred

Post by fred »

Banana juice seems to work well for me : vision is fine, moderate gas, good energy, great taste and less dehydrating than whole banana. They are available all the year and relatively cheap (1 euro/kilo here).
My only source of fat is avocado and marine animal source. No more heart disturbance : concentrated source of fat like oil or fatty meat was not good for me.
Weight is stable if I take care to always eat.
dime

Post by dime »

How much juice do you get per 1kg bananas? Have you tried mixing the banana and OJ?