Strong 'Acne' and Indigestion progress

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Mireia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Strong 'Acne' and Indigestion progress

Post by Mireia »

He will be two next month and weighs about 11.5 kg at 81cm.
He hasn't gained lately, that is why I was thinking the added muscle on me is not from him getting heavier.

I feel less discomfort and aches after eating meat sometimes, and other times it seems to be worse. On some days my digestion seems better overall and on some not as good.
I haven't eaten much eggs lately because I had a couple of occasions where I had stomach cramps after eating scrambled or boiled eggs by themselves.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Update on Yeast treatment

I got the idea that it could be yeast when looking at my dogs flakes and also how they were yellowish- greenish in color.

I have the same thing going on in some parts, but it is hardly noticeable. I took pictures of my jaw to show how weird it looks.
ACV + coconut oil showed some improvement, but really garlic worked wonders. After two hours of using it I look 80% clearer. Tonight the bumps on my forehead completely disappered!

I did two things to show it better. You can hardly see it from far, but in the pictures it looks gross.

Pre garlic treatment (but ACV)
ImageImage

Saturation slightly raised, vs. saturation raised and imaged darkened.

ImageImage
The flakes can be seen better here. They would be worse if it wasn't to my exfoliation and baking soda habit.Please also observe the weird "leathery texture".
One photo is not edited, the second one has more saturation and is darkened.

After one night of garlic:

ImageImage
With saturation raised / saturation raised + darkened. The area is less yellow and it looks more like normal skin!

By the way, it is really not that noticeable unless close! This is me from a distance just a few seconds after the post garlic close ups!
I think any doctor would probably send me home or offer accutane.

Could it be yeast? At least partly...

This flakyness has been spreading all over my face, affecting more and more areas...It only really started to get flaky in spring. Maybe April.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

One question regarding this:
I keep reading one needs to do low carb to starve the yeast. I had horrible problems on low carb.
I was wondering what the Wai answer would be to the low carb recommendation and yeast. I can't imagine low carb is the only way to avoid yeast?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mireia wrote:He will be two next month and weighs about 11.5 kg at 81cm.
That's not so much, indeed.
Please give him a fresh raw egg yolk daily. Nobody has to know...
Start with just a drop or 2 daily, and then double that portion every 3 days.
Both my children initially were small and underweight, but rapidly gained weight when supplemented with yolks.
Trix is also 2 next month, and she is 91 cm tall and weighs 16 kg now.
I had a couple of occasions where I had stomach cramps after eating scrambled or boiled eggs by themselves.
What about fresh RAW egg yolks?
Mireia wrote: I was wondering what the Wai answer would be to the low carb recommendation and yeast. I can't imagine low carb is the only way to avoid yeast?
There will always be enough sugars in the blood to feed the yeast.
So, its not possible to starve it.
Sure, one may oppress the yeast to some degree, but not starve it.
An effective treatment is suffocation by the consistent application of Vaseline (petrol oil wax).
There needs to be Vaseline on the infected skin continuously.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

RRM wrote:
Please give him a fresh raw egg yolk daily. Nobody has to know...
Start with just a drop or 2 daily, and then double that portion every 3 days.
Both my children initially were small and underweight, but rapidly gained weight when supplemented with yolks.
Oh no, I think we keep misunderstanding each other! His weight is fine, he is actually quite chunky for his height (big cheeks and all), being in the 90th percentile (cdc growthchart - weight for height), meaning 90% of 23 month olds are thinner than him ;).
I just meant to say that I do not think my muscle growth happened from lifting baby, because he has only gained one kg in the past couple of months. Nothing to cause sudden muscle growth on me.
Trix is tall and heavy though! She must be in the 110th percentile :). We were told that breastfed babies/ toddlers can be quite chunky, but they are not considered overweight.
I had a couple of occasions where I had stomach cramps after eating scrambled or boiled eggs by themselves.
I will have to test that again. It gave me problems with banana, but maybe not by itself.

Mireia wrote: I was wondering what the Wai answer would be to the low carb recommendation and yeast. I can't imagine low carb is the only way to avoid yeast?
There will always be enough sugars in the blood to feed the yeast.
So, its not possible to starve it.
Sure, one may oppress the yeast to some degree, but not starve it.
An effective treatment is suffocation by the consistent application of Vaseline (petrol oil wax).
There needs to be Vaseline on the infected skin continuously.[/quote]

I applied lanolin yesterday to treat the garlic burns. Maybe it also suffocated some yeast? I read it is quite similar to vaseline.
How can one get it out of the system, the blood though? Are there Wai foods helpful in ridding the body of yeast?

Updates:

I was seen by a dermatologist yesterday and he said it could likely be yeast, but it takes two weeks to get the results (they took a skin sample).
My skin is looking more weird everyday. That scaly, leathery texture is spreading and when I smile my skin looks like leather at the moment.

I found some old pictures of clear skin days. I never noticed how clear it was, but I remember I never had to put foundation.

ImageImage

I wasn't even healthy then, but I guess my diseases had not eaten away on me as much yet.
Back then I was on the pill btw. The pill always greatly improved my skin and hair.

Anyhow...beautiful skin - RIP

Other than my skin, my hair has suffered over the years...My hair was always healthy and never had a split end. Then in 2009 it started falling out.\
I went from 10cm ponytail circumference to 7cm.

Looking at this picture, I can not believe how thick my braid was. I feel I will never get back to this. Many times my hair had thickened up to a bit over 9cm, but then it fell out again.
I had to cut it from thigh length to hip length since then. But I never cut it all off and instead maintained at one length, trimming monthly to thicken back up.

After pregnancy it was thicker again, but of course after it fell out. But I let it thicken up again here:

Left shows after pregnancy, then when it thinned and then how it thickened up again.

Just a comparison. It looked pretty good December 2012. But then it fell out again from what I believe was the low carb diet.

This is it in June (?) I think...at least recent:

The color looks weird compared to the old pictures because that is my natural color I grew out. I don't make any mistakes when it comes to hair care. I don't use products, I don't wash too often. So the problem must be my diet.
Even though my hair grows back, it is not as healthy as it used to be. I do have some splits.
I often feel like I might be lacking something, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

I am losing hair again right now, and I have no idea what the heck I did wrong. It sucks cause it feels all my work gets destroyed over and over again. And then I see other women that don't care for their hair and simply put some expensive extensions in their hair. :| I conclude that someone must really hate me, and keeps punishing me. Maybe there is a Vodoo doll of me somewhere... :lol:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mireia wrote:
Trix is tall and heavy though!
Yes! (particularly when considering that she was underweight and small at birth)
I will have to test that again. It gave me problems with banana, but maybe not by itself.
That's the thing with egg yolks; if you have a sensitive digestive system,
the yolks need to be consumed alone, or in (strained) OJ without fiber.
Mireia wrote:I applied lanolin yesterday to treat the garlic burns. Maybe it also suffocated some yeast? I read it is quite similar to vaseline.
Yes, lanolin is good.
Just make sure to apply it very consistently; no intervals.
How can one get it out of the system, the blood though? Are there Wai foods helpful in ridding the body of yeast?
The body will do that all by itself.
An unprotected skin may rapidly produce a new stock, so that the lanoline / Vaseline is essential.
That scaly, leathery texture is spreading and when I smile my skin looks like leather at the moment.
Just like leather, your skin needs the protection from lanoline / vaseline now.
Anyhow...beautiful skin - RIP
Noooo, your skin is alive and kicking. It just needs some help.
Even though my hair grows back, it is not as healthy as it used to be. I do have some splits.
I often feel like I might be lacking something
That's what im thinking.
I conclude that someone must really hate me, and keeps punishing me.
You are alive, you have a roof over your head and food on the table.
You have people that you love and who love you back.
No threats of war, rape, violence.
Thus, you are truly blessed.
Life is a constant challenge, and about how you deal with those challenges.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Well, I always try to stay positive and not whine too much, don't get me wrong. But sometimes it truly sucks to keep battling health issues. I am not all that negative I promise. But I believe we still can't change how we feel about and sometimes must be sad too. It is natural. As long as it doesn't hinder you from reaching your goals cause you are drowning in sadness!

I am joking a bit too when I say someone must be holding a Vodoo doll with my name on it :P .

Good thing Trix is doing so well now! I will try egg yolks with orange juice. My son likes them with mashed banana.

The lanolin and vaseline keep melting off my face in the sun though. It is a bad thing when they turn liquid when I am outside? Can I apply it to my scalp too?

I now know what fungus we are dealing with when it comes to my dog.
Microsporum Canis

In humans it can cause:

Tinea Capitis
Which might explain my itchy spots on the scalp and hair loss

Tinea Faciei
Which looks much like my breakout.

It is very dangerous to children. My dog needs to go, I just don't know where...no shelter will house her for a treatment. We can not afford to pay 300 to have her in quarantine.
Best would be a place where she can be safely treated. It does take a while until she is not contagious anymore.

So my plans for killing yeast:

Lanolin (or Vaseline)
Good Diet of course
Grapefruitseed Extract
Better Probiotics (more different strains)
Digestive enzymes
Multivitamin for now since I don't know if my body absorbs all nutrients needed

I also believe I might have a zinc deficiency.
My nails look like this:
http://d3njdrvxpbru17.cloudfront.net/ss ... _large.jpg
But smaller, finer ridges

As for the other symptoms:
thinness - yes, always have been thin
lack of strong hunger sensation after a long fast - I never fasted long enough but I remember that my hunger can go away if I don't eat when I am hungry. I thought that was normal though.
, anorexia, - No, I have fatorexia :P. I always want to be heavier. Nowadays less than when I was a teen. I was so self conscious about my weight then.
above-avg tolerance of or even preference for strong-tasting foods - no, I never seasoned much either.
, mental fog, - YES! I want to get rid of it!
history of lots of colds and flus during childhood or recently - During childhood I was sick often and it was usually something more strong than a common cold with high fever. Around seven my health bettered and was pretty good up until 16, since then I had my ups and downs and it was worst in my mid twenties
, history of IBS or IBD. - Hm..I really don't know. My doctor wanted to check for Colitis or Crohns but I chickened out because I don't want another bad diagnosis. Nothing that conventional medicine can do for me anyway right?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mireia wrote:
RRM wrote:
he is actually quite chunky for his height (big cheeks and all), being in the 90th percentile (cdc growthchart - weight for height), meaning 90% of 23 month olds are thinner than him ;).
Trix is tall and heavy though! She must be in the 110th percentile :).
Hmm, that's quite different from here.
If you were in the Netherlands (like us), your son would be considered a - 2.5 regarding height (on the bottom of the chart), and - 1 regarding weight.
So, both under average.
Trix is a + 1 and + 2 now (both above average).
Mireia wrote: The lanolin and vaseline keep melting off my face in the sun though. It is a bad thing when they turn liquid when I am outside? Can I apply it to my scalp too?
Its okay, and yes, you may apply it to your scalp too,
though your hair will become greasy.
I now know what fungus we are dealing with when it comes to my dog.
Microsporum Canis
Good, at least you know now.
Lets wait for the results regarding your sample.

The best natural multivitamin is fresh raw egg yolk.
Grapefruitseed Extract
Yes, it (its bioactive limonoids) has powerful antifungal activity.
It contains various alkaloids, flavonoids, cardiac glycosides, tannins and saponins.
It contains specific pectins known to interact with numerous drugs / medications (through P450 enzymes),
and it is considered detrimental regarding inflammatory bowel disease and beneficial regarding diabetes. (increasing HDL, decreasing LDL and blood sugar)
Thus, one should not think that taking it will go without side effects.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

RRM wrote:
Mireia wrote:
RRM wrote:
he is actually quite chunky for his height (big cheeks and all), being in the 90th percentile (cdc growthchart - weight for height), meaning 90% of 23 month olds are thinner than him ;).
Trix is tall and heavy though! She must be in the 110th percentile :).
Hmm, that's quite different from here.
If you were in the Netherlands (like us), your son would be considered a - 2.5 regarding height (on the bottom of the chart), and - 1 regarding weight.
So, both under average.
Trix is a + 1 and + 2 now (both above average).
If you use a chart "height for AGE" or "weight for AGE", he would be at the bottom! But you can't use that in his case if you want to see if he has a healthy weight. Instead something that considers weight in relation to height is used. Otherwise all short kids could be labeled as too thin.
My husband and I are both not tall and small framed. I have a ring size 45mm/ 3 1/2. I doubt he will be big.

My weight however seems too low. I always get stupid comments regarding how thin I am.
I hope that I will be able to figure out why it is so hard for me to gain. Especially getting past 50kg seems impossible.

Anyhow I guess it fits into the journal too.

Things I want to change:
1. Better overall health
2. No more hair loss
3. Better skin
4. Gain weight

My current weight is 48kg.

I don't have a lot full body pictures to demonstrate how thin I am..so here is one from Winter:

And I have a few recent ones:
What bothers me most is how thin my arms, legs and face are I guess. The Rest looks heavier.

I am glad my son is a bit chunky. He has a chubby round face/ neck still, despite being almost two :)

Things I tried for gaining weight:

- Parasite cleanse (no success)
- Probiotics (no gain)
- high calorie from fat (does not help, I could be drinking liters of olive oil and not gain)
- high calorie from carbs (helps some)
- Junk foods (helps some)
- Eating large meals less frequent (actually helps a bit)
- Eating often (I feel like I lose more if I do that)
- Herbal detox/ hormone adjustment (went from 45-46kg to 49.9 and have been able to maintain a slightly heavier weight since then )
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You seem perfectly normal to me, not at all too thin. I think it depends on the body build, which is genetically and racially determined (I have a slight build myself). What people are used to seeing around them, which is mostly overweight people with water retention, makes you seem too thin in their eyes.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Yes that is true, people are used to the bigger people they see everywhere.

My BMI is underweight though. Even if I gain some. I was also thinking maybe it does not apply to certain smaller framed people. My husband seems to have the same problem. When he was overweight, with an actuall belly and everything his BMi was normal, and now that he lost some everyone will say he is too thin, just looking at his wrist and appearance in clothing. When he still has some fat all over his torso...he is really not that lean.
Maybe people think big bones also equals healthier weight.

Water retention: I wonder what causes it in people. I think I read the foods they eat, but I think it could also be something hormonal.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

BMI is, as many indices and the like, based upon averages, so we have to take it with a grain of salt (pun intended) :)

One of the reasons of water retention is HCA, or "dirty" protein (one of the results can be acne).
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Haha...yeah the BMI is pretty mysterious.

A quick update:

I used lanolin for three days and saw 60-70% of improvement during.
Then I started using the anti fungal creme I was prescribed to see if it changes anything. I added lanolin over it at night and wore only the anti fungal creme during the day.
My skin looks 100% clear at the moment and I don't have any flakes. My skin is VERY soft. I hope it stays this way.
My friend also noticed the difference today. She has rosacea but it was never really confirmed and I was suggesting she should see if it is possibly a fungus.

I will take pictures soon.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You (nor your son) don't look too thin in those pics, indeed.
Im very happy for you that its probably a fungus, and that the lanolin plus fungal crème works for you!!
Marrrianne

Post by Marrrianne »

Hey Mireira, You're so pretty on those pics I hope you reach you're goals - btw do you have any goals weightwise I mean? Did you ever talk to a personal trainer about it?
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis