Strong 'Acne' and Indigestion progress

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Strong Acne and Indigestion progress

Post by dime »

Yes your acne is most likely hormonal, since you didn't have them previously even on an all cooked diet with little fruits.
So fixing them via diet might take some longer, because normalizing hormones probably doesn't happen over night.
Don't forget to eat fish at least, leaving out animal food alltogether is a bad idea. Fish with yolk on top and some honey on the side is pretty tasty. Yolk with banana (fiber) sounds like a bad idea though.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Fixing hormones is tough, the endocrine system is so delicate. If I knew exactly what hormones were off I could do more, but those damn doctors won't test.

I eat animal foods almost every day. I probably forgot adding it to the last diary entry I posted but I had lamb two days in a row. I have deer for today. No fish at the moment because I have not been able to get good fish. Many places sell old fish.

Does egg yolk react with fiber, or how do the digestive problems happen? I have stopped doing it this way, but feel pretty crampy.

I will be seeing a gastroenterologist tommorrow, hopefully a helpful one. Fixing digestive issues can also better acne and hormones.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Personally I would decrease the amount of fatty foods in favor of sugary ones. For instance eat 1 medium avocado instead of 3, and drink some more OJ.
I would give things some time. You're only in the first week now, so there is much that your body needs to adjust to. After 2 or 3 weeks on the 100% diet (without munch foods, supplements, etc) you'll have a better idea of what needs to be worked on. Also, if your period is near, that can skew things. Until your period happens you could up your egg yolks and make sure you always have enough energy.

Fiber needs to be broken down by bacteria, so when protein is being digested at the same time, smelly gas (rotten egg smell) will be produced. I eat banana with egg yolk (and coconut oil) every day, without problems (I think that it helps when the banana is really ripe), but it might depend on the individual.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Cosmetic ingredients that are okay?

Post by RRM »

Wai is not here anymore to advise about make up,
but i think that all foundations basically accelerate skin shedding.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

It seems not mixing egg yolks with banana and peeling all fruits helps a bit. At least my stomach was hardly upset today. Just the mild discomfort and cramps I get with any foods.

I added so much avocado into my diet because I was wanting something not sweet and high in calories. In the beginning all the fruits were sweetness overload for my body and I felt high....not jn a good way ;).
I feel for now the avocado balances things a bit and makes sure I don't lose too much weight. Going from low carb to high carb ain't easy.
I actually worry sometimes that the sudden increase in carbs could cause me hair loss just like low carb did. I don't want the sudden change to shock my body. Going through hair loss over and over again is very hard emotionally.

I def. want to juice more in the future, once we got a juicer. The one cup I drink is handsqueezed.

Supplements: I am taking a few necessary supplements, which are more like medication really. I have always taken supplements though, before my acne started in late 2012.
dime

Post by dime »

Mireia wrote: Supplements: I am taking a few necessary supplements, which are more like medication really. I have always taken supplements though, before my acne started in late 2012.
They could've very well caused the acne.. but it's just a speculation of course.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you want to give this diet a real try, you stop supplements for a while.
There is no need to be scared, as all nutrients are supplied by the diet.
What supplements / medication do you take?
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Supplements
-Fenugreek seed because I don't make enough breastmilk
-Raw Thyroid because I had Hashimoto's and it is the only alternative to synthetic thyroid. My Hashimoto seems nonexistent when I am on it and my labs are perfect.
-Vitamin D3 because my body is unable to produce enough without supplementation.

I have been on Fenugreek and D3 since before I had acne.
I started raw thyroid after I had acne. That is why I think it is unlikely its the supplements.
I might get sick without them and my son won't have any more breastmilk (plus my supply suddenly dropping means more hormonal imbalances) :(
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ah, okay, you shouldnt take any risks then, indeed.
Just stick with the diet. It may take a while.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

April 21st, Day 6

Still dealing with the breakout, but it was not the worst breakout ever. My left cheek looked bad, but the rest really did not totally flip out on me. After a whole day in the city, my skin looked much happier.
I am not sure what being outdoors all day gives me that I don't get naturally. My Vit.D is fine now...

ImageImage
ImageImage

A close up of my bumps - you can see many don't get a head, they just go back down at some point. And a picture taken in the light I hate most (side), since it shows the bumps on my face so well. I went out like that btw., haven't worn foundation in days (I don't look too happy about it lol).
I am considering taking the occasional picture of my skin outdoors and from a distance, maybe I can eventually see some progress there. Overall my skin has improved a bit since eating the Acne Sample diet (milder breakouts, fewer bumps all over my face, less irritation)

Skin: Breaking out close to period ( around 25th if my cycle is regular )
Digestive: Bloating, mild digestive pains
Energy: Great all day
Weight: 46.0 kg
Other: Still seem to be shedding more hair

April 22nd, Day 7

Breakout seems to be healing. My right cheek does not look too bad. My husband even said he was able to see some freckles.

ImageImage

Skin: Breakout healing
Digestive: Bloating, barely any digestive pains,
Energy: I feel sick...I think my energy is good but I just feel bad cause of lack of sleep and stress.
Weight: 46.4 kg
Other: Been waking at night.

I had an appointment at a gastroenterologist yesterday. He seemed a bit clueless to me. He suggested doing a colonoscopy to see if I have colon cancer (how drastic :roll: ). I suggested to test for problems with my gut bacteria or parasites etc., so he agreed to do a stool sample. So the PRO is that he works with me...the CON is that he is clueless. Never had so much silence come from a doctor. He asked how much longer I am planning to breastfeed, because the days before and after the colonoscopy I can't.
The whole procedure seems really hardcore. I can only have breakfast and soup on the day before, nothing on the day of the appointment, while drinking fluid that will make me diarrhea. I'm gonna pass out way before I get to the procedure. Not sure I want to go through that.

Week summary

It is always hard to tell whether it is the diet or something else causing differences, but here are some things I noticed:

- Pimples heal fast
- My skin really likes oil, absorbs it well
- I think Olive Oil is causing me dryer skin than normal
- I need to use a lot of oil and wait for it to sink in before I blot off excess oil. Otherwise my skin will be dry.
- More frequent number twos that now smell like fruit
- Peeling fruits and eating egg yolks seperate helps my digestion
- My recent breakout was a bit less severe
- My skin does not produce excess oil anymore, I don't get shiny throughout the day
Mireia

Re: Cosmetic ingredients that are okay?

Post by Mireia »

I figured there isn't really anything that won't cause a problem. I think it is best if I don't use any then. My skin is very sensitive and out of balance. Thank you!
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

I think I will have to quit the Acne sample diet for now... :(

My reasons are a couple of problems that I can't seem to get under control.

Just before starting the diet my weight was a bit over 49 kg. Something I was so happy to have achieved after 10 years of trying! Now I weigh 45.6 kg with clothing. I don't know how I drop weight this fast, eating so many calories. It is certainly not normal. My guess is that I am not absorbing certain calories. Maybe the oil. Before I was relying on raw butter for fat.

I also started losing my hair again, and I think it might have to do with the lose stools. To top it off my breastmilk supply dropped to the point where I was almost dried up. I had to take 6 Fenugreek capsules a day to save it instead of the 1 capsule I always take. My son is constantly hungry for milk and sleeps really badly at night, resulting into me not getting good sleep.

I have also been dealing with symptoms of my hypoglycemia again...not the biggest problem here, but I was happy it was gone. I used to pass out a lot and I can't afford passing out taking care of a toddler.

I don't want to go back to my old ways completely. I want to keep my meat raw. But I might add a few cooked (boiled) veggies for now, hoping it will normalize my stools and help me gain weight. When I recently went all the way to 49kgs, I had added more veggies. I will try and avoid the most problematic veggies.

Last but not least, I won't be able to stay supplement free for long. My doctor suggested I try probiotics to see if they can help restore bacteria. I had to take a lot of antibiotics in pregnancy due to repeated bladder infections.

I don't know how this will affect my skin. But I guess I am not strong enough to try this diet for now. It seems I need to fix other problems first. I want to stick with many things and foods I have learnt though, and I am very happy that I got to try this out.

If no one minds, I will continue to update despite not eating a strict wai diet. Maybe we will be able to fix my weight and digestive problems and I can give this another shot.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Raw butter is perfect. Btw, alot of raw meats are not. Only beef is safe.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

I have been eating gras fed beef raw, lamb and sometimes wild game.

With the raw butter I was only worried it could make my acne worse because of the hormones, casein etc.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Wild game is very suspectible for parasites. Do you know for sure it didn't had any? Was it frozen for at least 2 weeks? Freezing kills most of the parasites but definitely not all.

Lamb and beef are pretty safe regarding parasites if you collect it from good sources.