Strong 'Acne' and Indigestion progress

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Mireia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Strong Acne and Indigestion progress

Post by Mireia »

Diet

April 17th

(skin picture on page 1)

Skin: less bumps under skin, couple of new zits, dried up scabs are healing, dry skin
Digestive: Bloating, digestive pains, lose yellow stools
Energy: Great
Weight: 47.8 kg

I think I really might have to try cutting out the olive oil. But I have to wait until pay day and then calculate the monthly cost of a wai diet.
I tried putting more oil for the dryness of my skin.

The salmon yesterday was not fresh, so I stopped eating it. It can be hard to find fresh fish.

Without coconut it is very hard to keep my calories up. At this level I will just maintain :(
My fitness Pal set my goal low, but really I need 2500 or so.

I am weaning off of certain supplements

-milk thistle
-vitex
-burdock root
-DIM
-calcium d glucarate

Some I can not stop taking

- raw thyroid
- Vitamin D3
- Fenugreek (for breastmilk)

Not sure what to do about the fish oil supplement...
Last edited by Mireia on Thu 18 Apr 2013 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

overkees wrote:Yolks, sugar, OO, and OJ if consumed in the right amounts gives everything you need. Although I don't prefer that kind of diet. (something like 3-4L OJ + 50 mL OO + 10-15 yolks + additional sugar).

However, my experiences are that I can best control my blood sugar by first eating something fatty and then drinking some juice (with or without added sugar). Coconut oil gives me really stabile blood sugar levels, more so than olive oil. I don't like mixing too much oil with my juice. I totally don't like mixing yolks with juices because it messes up my digestion (OJ + yolks = fair enough). I like to eat animal stuff seperated.

Anyways, if you don't want too much olive oil, you must go for table sugar. If you can't tolerate that much table sugar, you must replace it with coconut oil that you eat seperated from the juice. If that is too expensive, you're pretty much out of options.
:roll: I always have the best of luck when it comes to diet an health. Not being able to afford the coconut oil could really complicate things. I will have to wait and see how much is left after paying rent and bills etc.

I don't want to eat table sugar at the moment. Still seems a bit scary to me.

I am looking for a way to eat the yolk. I don't really like the taste by itself and over fish or avocado salad it still tasted too yolky.
dime

Post by dime »

It's hard to accurately monitor progress via photos btw. You really need to have the camera at the same positions, settings and light every time. There can be huge variations in the photo just depending on the light (I know this because I'm working with cameras somewhat professionaly). But either way, monitoring it somehow is better than nothing :) Typically if you stick strictly for two weeks or so you should already see significant results. For me it takes even longer for the red spots to heal, but they are typically rare and huge acne on the shoulders (when I eat something non-wai). When I stick strictly to the diet I'm acne free.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Dime can you eat something else once in a while? Or do you react to every little "munch food"?

I know I can only see significant progress in pics, not slight differences but I do take the pictures at the same spot, hour, camera setting and similar angle. I use a mirror to make sure the pictures match what I see. It should still be fun to see in case I DO clear up.

Fred
Tbh, I am scared of that a bit too. Also because my body seems to have inpairer abilty to absorb nutrients, which could be part of the reason I can't gain weight. Plus my body reacts tochanges with thyroid problems and hair loss, so it might simple be too much of a change, which is why Inwant to wait until I have better established the diet and know I do well on it.

Only egg yolks and orange (with sugar and oil) does seem like very little. I don't know about the nutrients so I can't judge, but if I were to juice only for a week or two I would use a variety of fruits.

It would be great to know more about the nutrients needed.
overkees

Post by overkees »

To make myself clear: I am not suggesting to go for such an exclusive diet. But if you get the dose right, it certainly is possible and might not be unhealthy at all. For me that is definitely a no go. But it might be very effective for the initial 2 weeks as those are very easy digestible foods. Make sure you start out with very small amounts of egg yolks and build up gradually. In my experience, the smaller the variety of foods, the easier it is for your body to adapt to absorption rates. Your body needs structure, then the rest will follow.

I would definitely recommend some sort of fish once in a while in addition to such an exclusive diet if you're going for that one out of convenience and costs.
dime

Post by dime »

Mireia wrote:Dime can you eat something else once in a while? Or do you react to every little "munch food"?
Regarding acne? I'm not that susceptible actually, but if I eat normal cooked food for one whole day, drink beer, etc., I'll get one-two huge pimples on the shoulders and maybe on the face.
Otherwise I have issues/stomach aches from raw fiber (cooked is fine I think), and constipation from grains, dairy, bananas, chocolate, etc. So I simply avoid the foods that are out of sync with me and that leaves me with a raw wai diet with juice instead of whole fruits.

One of the ideas of the sample diet which is very limited, is to help you figure out which foods work for you and which cause you trouble (also as overkees pointed out). You start with a small selection of foods, and slowly reintroduce further stuff to see what makes you break out, or cause other problems.
fred

Post by fred »

Mireia, I have the same troubles than you have regarding weight gain and bloating. Follow RRM's advice to remove as much fibers as you can and avoid nuts for a while. Going slowly is a wise choice. If you stick to a raw paleo diet (cooked animal protein is really detrimental), with the additions bring about by the Wai diet, things will improve quickly. And you will regain your beautiful face!
Keep us updated.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

dime wrote:
Mireia wrote:Dime can you eat something else once in a while? Or do you react to every little "munch food"?
Regarding acne? I'm not that susceptible actually, but if I eat normal cooked food for one whole day, drink beer, etc., I'll get one-two huge pimples on the shoulders and maybe on the face.
Otherwise I have issues/stomach aches from raw fiber (cooked is fine I think), and constipation from grains, dairy, bananas, chocolate, etc. So I simply avoid the foods that are out of sync with me and that leaves me with a raw wai diet with juice instead of whole fruits.

One of the ideas of the sample diet which is very limited, is to help you figure out which foods work for you and which cause you trouble (also as overkees pointed out). You start with a small selection of foods, and slowly reintroduce further stuff to see what makes you break out, or cause other problems.
You are lucky you aren't as prone to acne! I feel I break out when I only look at Chips, or cake...I don't get stomach issues or feel bad after cheating though unless I overdo it. When I started Paleo I did not get acne from cheat foods though. Really odd. On the weekends I would pick a few comfort foods only though...like Sushi and some black coffee later. Nothing too crazy.

I am really strict mostly, just hope to be able to make exceptions for special occasions. :)
fred wrote:Mireia, I have the same troubles than you have regarding weight gain and bloating. Follow RRM's advice to remove as much fibers as you can and avoid nuts for a while. Going slowly is a wise choice. If you stick to a raw paleo diet (cooked animal protein is really detrimental), with the additions bring about by the Wai diet (and I would add limiting empty cal..I mean refined food like oil/sugar), things will improve quickly. And you will regain your beautiful face!
Keep us updated.
Thank you! I hope to see results soon so I don't scare myself with my reflection anymore :oops:
I would like to stick with a Raw Diet! I only transitioned slowly with cooked Paleo, because I had trouble eating raw meat at first, plus I did not want to detox too fast since it would get into my breast milk. I added more and more raw foods slowly...my stomach still hates me.
Were you able to solve your weight gain and bloating issues?
fred

Post by fred »

Mireia wrote:Were you able to solve your weight gain and bloating issues?
No gas/bloating when I eat no fiber, but I can't tolerate OJ only, I need variety, so I have to reintroduce other fruits with fibers...
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

April 18th

Skin picture is always from the morning after that day, so 19th here.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Notes: I have little breakouts all over in not so typical parts of my face. Maybe that is what Wai describes when she says the skin gets worse because of all the dirt that comes out of the pores. Sure would be nice. I always feel like my skin is so clogged up and I got a lot going on under my skin.

Skin: less bumps under skin, less new zits, skin getting softer, many scabs gone
Digestive: Bloating, digestive pains, diarrhea first half of the day, normal at night
Energy: Sluggish first half, rest good
Weight: 47.9 kg

I ate more egg yolks yesterday. No meat because I suspect the fish caused me problems. I will eat deer and yolks today. I usually do well with deer (frozen). Fish can be tricky, this one smelled old, despite being a freezer fish....like how long does it take them to freeze the fish for it too smell like that :x

I am contemplating whether I should put some mineral powder foundation for today's play date. The other moms haven't seen my acne before...
The semi matte powder contains: mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide and iron oxide
And the matte contains: mica, lauroyl lysine
Not sure if they could promote acne. I never got the impression and supposedly the ingredients don't clog pores. Too bad Wai did not write about cosmetics.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Actually my weight is only 47 kg. Not sure why I got more this morning.
That is concerning me much since my weught was 49.2 on the 13th of April.
Meaning I went from 108.6 lbs to 103.6 lbs in a short amount of time.
If I maintain weight it never fluctuates more than 1/2 kg.
My calorie intake is higher than before on most days, I even rather underestimate than overestimate when it cOmes to Olive Oil. So how could I be losing weight? Am I not absorbing food right?
I can't get much lower than this, I will be really underweight and get to the point where I am constantly weak.
Any ideas?
dime

Post by dime »

My guess is this
Mireia wrote:Digestive: Bloating, digestive pains, diarrhea first half of the day, normal at night
Are you weaker already though?
For example, I'm 73 kg, but I'm just as strong as when I've been much bigger at 85 kg.

There is a wai page on all the various chemicals in cosmetic products btw, but I can't find it anywhere.. maybe RRM/Oscar know where it is.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Dime
Not weak yet but I usually start feeling bad below 46 kg. I also start looking very bad and won't fit my XS clothes anymore. I am horrified of dropping lower :(.

I only had diarrhea once though. Can that do it? My husband thinks the soft stools could also lead to some weight loss.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Weight loss might have to do with alot of things. A thyroid that isn't working properly, not digesting food really good, other things draining energy.

You can better focus on your energy levels than on the weight gain. The smaller the meals and the more meals the better the energy is distributed and used up. Transitioning to a low fiber diet can take a few weeks for some people. Avocados have lots of fiber.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I see you listed everything under the three conventional meals, but when do you exactly eat everything?
You can try eating egg yolks with a ripe, mashed banana (some coconut oil is optional).
The thyroid supplement might skew your metabolism, do you need to keep taking all those supplements?
Avocados only have more fiber when compared to other fruits. With 6% they are still relatively low in fiber compared to beans, for instance.