Strong 'Acne' and Indigestion progress

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Mireia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Strong Acne and Indigestion progress

Post by Mireia »

Oscar

That is the only way MFP lets me add food, but I eat breakfast first thing around 8.30-9.30 depending on when the baby wakes up.
Everything else is added to "lunch" until about 6PM, the rest is dinner foods. I eat the foods in the order listed mostly.

Overkees

My thyroid is fine. Has been tested monthly cause I used to have Hashimoto's. Last test was done 7 days ago.
I think it it probably me not digesting food well. I am trying to eat at least two avocados a day, is that ok?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mireia wrote:I eat breakfast first thing around 8.30-9.30 depending on when the baby wakes up.
Everything else is added to "lunch" until about 6PM, the rest is dinner foods. I eat the foods in the order listed mostly.
How often do you eat, exactly?
It should be at least twice an hour...
I think it it probably me not digesting food well. I am trying to eat at least two avocados a day, is that ok?
If your intestines are not functioning optimally at the moment,
i would really advice to minimize fiber for a while.
With less fiber, your intestines dont have to work so hard and take away less energy.
Why dont you try only juices and some animal food for 2 weeks? (very frequently)
It will help you gain weight and have better digestion.
Fred wrote:can't tolerate OJ only, I need variety, so I have to reintroduce other fruits with fibers
You dont need fiber to have variety.
You can juice any fruit. Banana-mango or banana-melon is delicious for example (for this you need a masticating juicer)
You can have as much variety in drinking juices as you want.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:
Fred wrote:can't tolerate OJ only, I need variety, so I have to reintroduce other fruits with fibers
You dont need fiber to have variety.
You can juice any fruit. Banana-mango or banana-melon is delicious for example (for this you need a masticating juicer)
You can have as much variety in drinking juices as you want.
Banana/mango/tomato juiced with my Hurom juicer contain some fibers... OJ or grape juice contain no fiber at all, and my gut see the difference!
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

I eat about every hour. Could I still lose weight bc of that if I am eating enough cals?
I feel that with some fiber my stools are less lose. Maybe my body needs time to get used to less fiber?
We don't have a juicer atm, so that is why I have not tried juicing yet.

Will my body be able to digest fiber again after eliminating it for a while?

Btw. Do you happen to know about the cosmetic chemicals list? I don't know if my make up could affect acne.
overkees

Post by overkees »

You don't digest fiber, that's why it is fiber. Some gut bacteria can, yes. But you might feed good bacteria with it, but also bad. So that it is better to only use the energy you really need so the gut bacteria won't be needed at all.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

April 19th

I woke up this morning with surprisingly good skin. I slept 8 1/2 hours, which is very long for me. I actually felt bad because it felt like it was too long. I feel sluggish after 8 hours. When I wake after 6 I am still tired but not drowsy and okay, I guess 7- 71/2 is ideal because I feel the most refreshed.

My son wakes about once or twice a night, so really I am getting segmented sleep.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Now the downside is - I broke out today...just randomly. I did not cheat, I was getting fresh air, but throughout the day my skin got worse. I first noticed this after taking a shower. My skin was really dry and irritated, despite not scrubbing, using products etc., and I had to apply oil twice after.
I will not take a shower again any time soon. I will just take a bath so my face does not get exposed to too much water. My skin was really pissed off and red.

One odd thing I noticed is that my lips seem more pink and less dry. I am not sure why but when I was a teen/ young woman they used to be very pale. Even now sometimes they do look a bit whitish or pale and they tend to be dry, but not cracked. I have been applying oil on them too.

I haven't worn foundation in days. :shock: I feel pretty embarrassed just rocking my pimples, but it seems there is no foundation that does not cause damage in some way.
At the play date the other moms noticed my acne. They did not know my skin was this bad... :oops: It got worse when an old friend from high school joined the group. She kept staring at my face.

My Diet

I am eating my yolks and olive oil differently now,hoping I will absorb the calories better.

Skin: less bumps under skin, less red, small whiteheads instead of zits, very dark circles on the inner corners of my eyes!
Digestive: Bloating, strong digestive pains and cramps, normal to firm stools
Energy: Good
Weight: 46.8 kg

My weight keeps dropping. 8 grams from now I need to stop and load up on Sweet Potato for a while and cooked Paleo. :roll: I have no idea why I can keep my weight up with cooked Paleo, while eating less calories (2100), but not with this diet and more calories.
The digestive pains are worse than ever. I felt the most pain after eating an apple yesterday. I really hope it is not the fructose malabsorption causing problems and weight loss. I feel better throughout the day, but later in the day I get cramps. If I could not eat fructose...what is there left to eat? :?

I eat banana mashed with olive oil and egg yolks now. This honestly keeps me full for long. All my meals are high calorie and high fat, so often I can not eat every 30 mins.

I have been planning to start using probiotics soon and possibly also deworm my body. It is not normal that my body can't deal with anything and won't gain no matter how much I feed it.
Mireia

Cosmetic ingredients that are okay?

Post by Mireia »

I was wondering if there is a list, thread or page that informs Wai Dieters about what chemicals to stay away from for good skin.

It seems even some natural ingredients can either cause acne or accelerated aging like zinc oxide.

I only know which ones are good or bad in a "can cause health issues way"...Like SLS or parabens which are carcinogens etc.

I am trying to see if I can wear any make up, at least cover some zits for special occasions. I used to wear mineral powder but it is very hard to take off and makes my skin dryer.
fred

Post by fred »

You are eating too much fibers : peel the cucumbers, apple, tomatoes (remove the seeds as well). And juice as much as you can to limit fiber intake. Chew well your food.

Eat egg yolks alone.

Bananas need to be very well ripe, and well chewed (and best juiced).
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

Why is it best to eat yolks alone? I don't like eating raw yolk thats why I decided to mix them with banana.

How do you peel tomatoes?

I can juice once we are able to get a juicer, but like I said, we will have to wait until pay day. In the meantime I am trying to get by the most affordable way possible.

Do you think this has more fiber than a Paleo Diet with veggies? I am wondering why it got worse.
fred

Post by fred »

Yolks digest better alone, but if you don't like them then don't eat them! seafood, oily fish, organ can replace them. I had cramps and abdominal pain like you when I ate lots of fibers during the day and yolks (even alone in the evening).

You want to minimize fibers intake, especially insoluble fibers like fruit skin and seeds.
Cooked fiber is softer and much easier for the gut than raw fiber.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

April 20th, Day 4?

Still improving very slowly.We went to the city yesterday and I ignored all the food and coffee places :cry: :P .
I broke out a bit during the day...I always do and then it betters at night. I think I posted April 18th twice...and I am not sure what day of the diet this is... :roll:, have to go back a page and check later.

ImageImage

Weirdly, I now have dark under eye circles...could this be a detox? I read some people get them during the detox phase.

Food

I managed to be very full and satisfied yesterday. I did not feel lightheaded or even low on energy once. I simply get hungry or an appetite. I took food to the city. The mashed banana I posted about yesterday with the egg yolk really satisfies all my needs and does not give me initial pain or bloating.
I eat avocado three times a day now and feel better not just eating sweet, sweet, sweet all the time. I alternate sweet fruits with the avocado salad, and then I may feel like something citrusy. I have just been going with what I would instinctively want. For me it is hard to eat sweet all the time.

Something funny:

My standard diet used to look like this...
Bread with butter and jelly
Bread with Nutella and butter
Rice with veggies
More bread with cheese or lunch meat
Some cake
Pasta for dinner, possibly some meat
Chocolate and chips

I did not eat fruits...

I am craving bad foods very much. Maybe more than others. I don't give in and I was never the person to cheat a lot. But I miss my old foods so much. :/

Skin: Some more pimples healed and faded, but I also got a few new ones, even one with a bunch of puss on my left cheek (that spot is notorious for big bumps)
Digestive: Bloating, digestive pains and mild cramps, normal more frequent stools
Energy: Great
Weight: Haven't checked
Other: I am having cold like symptoms - stuffy nose and sore throat (detox?)

My stomach feels a little better, but I think for now I can just get by and I will have to try things like juicing with meat, probiotics and maybe deworming.
But first I want to get this right and stabilize my weight.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

fred wrote:Yolks digest better alone, but if you don't like them then don't eat them! seafood, oily fish, organ can replace them. I had cramps and abdominal pain like you when I ate lots of fibers during the day and yolks (even alone in the evening).

You want to minimize fibers intake, especially insoluble fibers like fruit skin and seeds.
Cooked fiber is softer and much easier for the gut than raw fiber.
I see. I will try to peel everything and see if it makes a difference.

Yolks: Well, I don't "like" any raw animal foods really (only sushi grade fish), or fruits...they are like my least favorite foods :lol:. I have to force myself. But a small piece of meat is easier to swallow than a whole yolk.
In a way I do still crave yolk and meat though...I get tired of sweet and feel like I really need either egg yolk or meat/ fish.
But that would be a bummer if the yolks were causing the problem. I think it stopped my diarrhea, because it got better the more yolk I added. I also feel very good after eating something with yolk...my energy level has went back to normal and I am not jittery. Since my only change was adding yolk, I suspected it helps.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Cosmetic ingredients that are okay?

Post by RRM »

I can think of any ingredient that can cause acne.
Acne caused 'from the outside' (like 'mineworkers-acne') is very rare, and not what normal acne is about.
Normal acne is caused 'from the inside' (water retention).
You can safely use a foundation for certain occasions, if that makes you feel better.
It is true, however, that any foundation (due various ingredients, including zinc oxide) will accelerate skin shedding (and dryness), but it doesnt cause acne.
Mireia

Re: Cosmetic ingredients that are okay?

Post by Mireia »

Yeah I forgot to add that I was hoping there is a foundation that does not cause dryness or accelarate aging.
Wai talks about a few brands in the acne board but says there are good and bad products. Just not sure how I can tell the difference. I know mineral make up is not ideal.
Mireia

Post by Mireia »

April 21st Day 5

I am breaking out. I have painful puss filled bumps on the left side of my face only. I am close to my menstruation. Often I think maybe my acne is all hormone related (and my digestive problems at least partly). That would explain why it goes up and down no matter what I do. It will be hard fixing my hormones alone since doctors never even want to do a hormone panel. They just want to prescribe drugs.
I am still hoping this diet can calm it down a bit.

ImageImage

Diet

Pretty much the same as yesterday, so I won't post the whole thing today. I left out yolks and peeled all fruit. So far I still have cramps and my stools are lose again.

Skin: New break outs all over, worst on the left, painful bumps under skin
Digestive: Bloating, digestive pains and bad cramps, frequent lose stools
Energy: Great during the first half, drained during the second half of the day.
Weight: 46,3 kg
Other: My breast milk supply is very low. I tried increasing my supplements but nothing yet. I am losing more hair.