Not sure

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
alqazaha
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Not sure

Post by alqazaha »

I have oral thrush on my tongue and I am not sure how to balance my sugars to remove it. The people in the 80/10/10 diet forum are saying to avoid all fats for candida but with the wai diet we have to use 1:2 fat-sugar ratio. I noticed that my skin breaks out more from fats such as olive oil, avocado, almonds, or brazil nuts. I am still not sure if the fats from the raw egg is breaking me out. I tried adding few drops of OO in my orange juice but my stomach is making sounds more often than usual. What should I do to fix my sugar problems?
Kasper

Re: Not sure what to do

Post by Kasper »

Where did you read the 1:2 fat-sugar ratio ?

I think that most people on the wai diet are eating more like 300 gram carbs and maybe 60 grams of fat or something.
When I started the diet I was also confused by this ratio, it is surely not a strict guideline.

For candida, it may be better to add coconut oil instead of olive oil.
alqazaha

Post by alqazaha »

Kasper wrote:Where did you read the 1:2 fat-sugar ratio ?

I think that most people on the wai diet are eating more like 300 gram carbs and maybe 60 grams of fat or something.
When I started the diet I was also confused by this ratio, it is surely not a strict guideline.

For candida, it may be better to add coconut oil instead of olive oil.
From the sample diet. It says 1 gram fat for every 2 gram carbs.

I have unrefined coconut oil. It is not organic so do you know if it matter? I read online that someone claim that there is a difference between them.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think both are fine.
I prefer refined coconut oil, because of the taste and I seem to reacting a little bit to unrefined coconut oil.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Not sure - balancing sugars

Post by RRM »

alqazaha wrote:I noticed that my skin breaks out more from fats such as olive oil, avocado, almonds, or brazil nuts.
You cannot break out from avocado or olive oil.
You cannot break out from pure fats.
But you can break out from nuts, as they may have been stored for years, which may also cause some protein damage (Maillard reaction products).
People report all kind causes, but you need to test these correlations extensively, and consistently to be able to know.
Eg: adding olive oil daily for a few weeks minimum,
and then leaving it out for the next few weeks.
Then add it back in for a few weeks (daily!).
I am still not sure if the fats from the raw egg is breaking me out.
Not possible.
I tried adding few drops of OO in my orange juice but my stomach is making sounds more often than usual.
Trying it that way is not really trying it.
The noise produced by your stomach may be related to so many things.
If you really want to try it, try it at least 2 weeks for every day.
Then you will know.
alqazaha wrote:What should I do to fix my sugar problems?
You mean the oral thrush?
It may go away with time, as your defense may need some time to adapt.
You can try consuming less sugars and more fat.
Whatever you try, dont just try it for a day or 2,
but for a few weeks in a row.
alqazaha

Post by alqazaha »

I don't know why my skin keeps breaking out from fat. I get zero breakouts when I avoid raw egg and olive oil. So, I am going to eat just 1 raw egg every 2 week to get my B12. I noticed that all the oils that I eat end up on my face so my face gets very oily. I started fermenting vegetables with sea salt to see if my skin break out or not. If this fails i will ferment vegetables in lemon juice to bring back the bacteria to my gut.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I started fermenting vegetables with sea salt to see if my skin break out or not. If this fails i will ferment vegetables in lemon juice to bring back the bacteria to my gut.
I'm quite sure fermented vegetables are not in the acne sample diet.
How do you know that you have gut problems ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

alqazaha wrote:I don't know why my skin keeps breaking out from fat. I get zero breakouts when I avoid raw egg and olive oil.
Did you actually experiment with this,
or are you just noticing this correlation?

Endless is the list of reported links between acne and individual foods, behaviour etc.
Such observations are useless, unless obtained from your own experimentation.
By experimenation i mean:
For 2 weeks you dont eat any fats at all.
The following 2 weeks you eat exactly the same, but now you daily add a spoon of oil to your food.
You repeat this experiment with other fats / fatty foods.
NOW you have observations that are actually based on something.
But I can tell you upfront that you will not find a correlation between fat and acne.

How long did this experiemWhat experiment did show you these results?
i will ferment vegetables in lemon juice to bring back the bacteria to my gut.
Again, you are jumping to (various) conclusions.
Please give this diet a real try, or stop this diet all together.
alqazaha

Post by alqazaha »

I been experimenting with food a lot this year. I can eat dates and cooked potatoes without any problems. Sweet potatoes break me out. I been eating dates almost daily and I started adding potatoes daily without breaking out. I ate 10 potatoes at once without any problems. I will try adding raw eggs in my green smoothie and see how things will turn out.
alqazaha

Post by alqazaha »

I researched olive oil and egg yolk and found that yolk contains lipases which can help digest the fats better. However, cold pressed olive oil doesn't contain lipases so this probably why I can't tolerate it.
dime

Post by dime »

You make lipase yourself, so unless your system for producing those enzymes is broken you're wrong.
alqazaha

Post by alqazaha »

True. I tried adding raw egg but candida came back thicker in my mouth for the first time after removing fat. Is there a way to fix the lipase problem? I am not sure which digestive enzyme to buy because it seems like all supplements are harmful somehow.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

alqazaha wrote:I been experimenting with food a lot this year. I can eat dates and cooked potatoes without any problems. Sweet potatoes break me out.
For conclusions like this, you need proper experimentation, not just correlations.
Ive heard these stories so many times, and each time they do the experiment properly, the correlation is no longer there.
I been eating dates almost daily and I started adding potatoes daily without breaking out. I ate 10 potatoes at once without any problems.
Let me tell you about proper experimentation.
First: you need tot totally clear yourself of acne, and be able to remain totally clear for weeks.
Then you add one item to your diet, daily, for 2 weeks.
If it then did not cause any new break outs, then its safe for you.
I will try adding raw eggs in my green smoothie and see how things will turn out.
Smoothies are not allowed on the sample diet.
alqazaha wrote:cold pressed olive oil doesn't contain lipases so this probably why I can't tolerate it.
You dont know that.
You have not been doing the sample diet correctly, and you have not been doping experimentation correctly.
First you clear your skin with the sample diet.
Then you start experimentation.
This way you just continue speculating, which is totally pointless and a waste of time.