Back on the diet once again WOOO HOOO

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
waipete
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Back on the diet once again WOOO HOOO

Post by waipete »

Yeah I guess I'll ask city hall if they have information on it or where to find it.

Day 12 100%
Broke out with about 8 medium pimples today and also yesterday I broke out about the same
waipete

Post by waipete »

Yeah I think I need more water, I haven't yet looked for information on my tap water, but according to CRON-O-Meter Image
I need about 42% more water which is like 1.5 litres damn thats like 5.34$ a day on water! Guess I really need to see if I can drink tap water

Do you think this much dehydration could cause acne RRM?

Day 14 100% woke up with about 8 small pimples
waipete

Post by waipete »

I found some information on the net, apparently our city adds fluoride to water to prevent tooth decay :x

"Q: What is the hardness of Brandon's drinking water?

A: Hardness is a measure of the amount of minerals, i.e. calcium and magnesium, dissolved in water. The average hardness of water is 150mg per liter."
http://brandon.ca/departments/engineeri ... water-faqs

A audit of the city's water quality
http://brandon.ca/images/pdf/developmen ... randon.pdf

I use brita filter which claims to reduce Chlorine (up to 99%) Calcium, Magnesium, Lead, and Copper

"Does the BRITA water filter cartridge remove all minerals from drinking water?
The BRITA water filter cartridge only partially removes the hardness from drinking water. This part is temporary hardness, which causes scale deposits during cooking. It does not remove all of the minerals from the water. It reduces the concentration of calcium and magnesium with cation ion exchange resins, but theses substances are not completely removed as in desalination systems or industrial plants that use reverse osmosis or distillation processes, for example."

"Has filtered water any additional advantages (On Tap)?
The BRITA water filter cartridge reduces chlorine and chlorine compounds as well as other undesirable flavours that may be present in tap water. Heavy metals in tap water, such as lead and copper that can be caused by household plumbing pipes, are also reduced. The elimination of lead and copper in tap water is desirable to protect human health. The claim of the BRITA water filter cartridge to reduce copper and lead significantly has been substantiated in numerous tests. Regionally related traces of pesticides in drinking water can also be minimised by the use of the BRITA water filter cartridges. "

I am currently drinking Fiji water, it's the lowest mineral water I know of that I can find.

This is printed on the label
p.p.m
Nitrates 1
Calcium 18
Arsenic 0
Chlorides 9
Sodium 18
Lead 0
Silica 92
Copper 0
Zinc 0
PH 7.7
Bicarbonates 153
Magnesium 15
Potassium 5
sulfate 1
Fluoride 0.24

This site shows a very similar mineral count of Fiji water but is slightly lower http://www.mineralwaters.org/index.php? ... parval=957. It has additional information such as hardness 132 and TDS of 210 ml/L
waipete

Post by waipete »

according to these guys the TDS is around 600 from November 2012 and April 2013

"I did find this from a test done in November 2012:
"Chemistry results indicate that the treated water was above the aesthetic objective of 500 mg/L for total dissolved solids, reported as 635 mg/L. At levels above....."
"

"The TDS for Brandon city water from the tap at my facility this morning (a couple minutes ago) was exactly 600.
We used a calibrated TDS meter."
http://tinyurl.com/n8wstae
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Good work, waipete!
Too bad that Brandon city water is quite hard.
Any info on to what extend the Britta filter reduces total hardness?
waipete

Post by waipete »

I have found a couple expirments FYI I use the Brita water pitcher filtration system

Using a Brita water picther filter system
CALIFORNIA STATE SCIENCE FAIR
2006 PROJECT SUMMARY
Results
Tap water was found to have improved the most out of all the waters after being purified through the
Brita. Tap waters hardness dropped from 281.25 ppm to 50 ppm, its total dissolved solids dropped to 286
ppm from 468 ppm, and the total chlorine was a completely removed from the tap water. Although not as
much as tap water, the Brita Filter did make significant improvements in the purity of all the other waters.
http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/History/2006/Projects/J0509.pdf

Chem 14 Experiment 10 Formal Report

The Chemistry of Natural Waters

Geary = Geary Halls at Pennsylvania State University
Simmons = Simmons Halls at Pennsylvania State University

Geary uses the Brita water pitcher filter system
Simmons uses the Brita tap water filter system

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 2450,d.aWc

I'm surprised Aquafina is such a low mineral water, it's almost pure H2O, I think I will be switching from Fiji.
It looks like from the first expirment it reduces about 25% of water hardness with the pitcher and about 92% with the tap filter.
My water hardness is 150 and if it's reduced by 25% then its 112 which is lower then the amount of fiji water I was drinking. If I buy the tap filter I can reduce my water hardness to 12!
waipete

Post by waipete »

Day 15 100% I still breakout, had like 10 mostly small pimples waking up and this even had another 8 mostly small pimples, I usually just easily pop my pimples, they come out pretty easy.
Also I had stopped using toothpaste for over a month according to Oscar's recommendations, brushing 2 times a day for 3-5 minutes with a soft toothbrush in a small circular motion and flossing once a day. What happened is my teeth had a film of yellowish brownish stuff which looked unpleasant, so I just brushed this morning with toothpaste and they looked a lot whiter afterwards. One thing I didn't follow was waiting 1 hour to brush before going to bed, I can't afford that time window of not eating for an hour :shock: .
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The Bass method is in addition to 'normal' brushing. You should get rid of that (yellowish) plaque layer for sure.
You're making good progress with your acne :)
waipete

Post by waipete »

I started to drink the brita water filtered in the pitcher today about 1.5L more then I usually drink. I figured it was about the same quality as the Fiji water, Even if it were to cause acne, I'm pretty sure dehydration is causing acne too, but yet I'm sure there is a better solution, I could go out and buy that brita tap filter and mix it with 10% Brita pitcher water if it's too low.

Day 16 100% I woke up with about 3 small pimples and like 4 very small pimples
waipete

Post by waipete »

Oscar wrote:The Bass method is in addition to 'normal' brushing. You should get rid of that (yellowish) plaque layer for sure.
Thanks for the tip Oscar. I tried it today, it works good but the toothpaste already cleared it away, although I wish I would have tried it before that.
Oscar wrote:You're making good progress with your acne :)
Thanks! :D
waipete

Post by waipete »

I don't have a picture today just news, to lazy

I think it might have been a mistake to take the brita water, firstly the filter was a bit old, it last 2months and it was already 6 weeks old. I think Brita doesn't advertise removing hardness from water because I heard that it doesn't soften after 3 weeks. I broke out a bit afterwards for the next 2 days which is why I think this.

I bought the faucet system, the water taste better, and I read more stuff online the the faucet is better at removing hardness then the pitcher. I think it might remove too much minerals, So I'm mixing 9 parts faucet, 1 part pitcher to be safe.

So to be fair I'm gonna a reset in diet since I the water made my diet non 100%

I'm happy I have everything in order now. Tommorow will be 100% with pictures.
dime

Post by dime »

Keep going like that waipete, I like that you think of all the possible pitfalls and details.
waipete

Post by waipete »

dime wrote:Keep going like that waipete, I like that you think of all the possible pitfalls and details.
Thanks for the motivation. Hehe yeah and if it's not this then it's me not juicing.

Day 1 attempt 3 :)
woke up with about 2 medium pimples and about 3 small and 4 very small ones
waipete

Post by waipete »

Day 2 attempt 3

Higher quality photo
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Hehe yeah and if it's not this then it's me not juicing.
Could fibre cause acne ?