panacea's diet log

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: panacea's diet log

Post by dime »

Have you tried baking soda to buffer acidic orange juice? That's what I'm doing.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1893&p=29535#p29535

It doesn't take much baking soda actually, around 1-1.5 teaspoon for 3l orange juice. After dissolving I leave the orange juice for some time and whatever baking soda was extra (or maybe it's byproducts from the reaction) settles at the bottom of the pot so it can be discarded. The OJ has some sort of fanta taste afterwards :)
panacea

Post by panacea »

I might have to do that, but the antinutrients are higher and nutrients lower even if you add baking soda. It might solve some of the mouth symptoms but probably not my bodily needs.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I've been trying to drink more sugar-saturated evian water, and eat raw beef and egg yolks. The raw beef and egg yolks taste great once in the mouth/stomach, the problem is I have no desire to eat them (even when I know I'm really hungry) in the first place, I keep craving cooked ham. I also notice after stuffing my face with cooked ham, my hunger subsides COMPLETELY for that craving, it's amazing how spot-on it is (usually my cravings never satisfied me even when I bought the candy I was craving for example, I'd just feel sick after and want some other junk food, on cooked ham I eat just maybe 7 slices and I'm stuffed, and all I crave is fluids for at least 4 hours).

I've concluded that, unfortunately, I can't give up cooked ham, I'm also having trouble giving up egg yolks.. looks like I'm addicted to them too, although it sucks because they taste so horribly acidic. Going to buy baking soda soon..
panacea

Post by panacea »

However my goal now is to scale back OJ and ham as much as possible, and increase yolk/beef/evian water intake.

Earlier post contains a typo (wont let me edit anything even 5 min after).
this line:
I'm also having trouble giving up egg yolks.. looks like I'm addicted to them too, although it sucks because they taste so horribly acidic.

should be
I'm also having trouble giving up oranges.. looks like I'm addicted to them too, although it sucks because they taste so horribly acidic.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Panacea have you tried entering your diet into a nutrient calculator compared to a RDA?
I am not surprised you still like oranges; probably your body is saying you need some water soluble vitamins that is not in your yolk/beef/evian water.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I use about 1 crate per week, and have 3 extra crates for ripening. Of course it depends on the starting ripeness of the oranges how long it will take for them to become sweet, but this time frame seems to work well. I guess you could stack the boxes/crates if space is limited, but maybe even that is too much?