panacea's diet log

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

panacea's diet log

Post by panacea »

I've finally found a diet that removes almost all of the bad foods without intense cravings
Previously, I was practically living on processed chocolate milk, sodas, grain-based fast foods, and candy (the worst diet you can imagine), because I have very little self control. If I feel like eating something, I always have given in sooner or later. This is why it's so important for me to maintain a "healthier" even if not perfect diet, that prevents cravings.

My current "transition" diet, which I plan to make more wai as I get healthier, is the following:

My rules:
All foods eaten completely fresh, no leftovers of any kind
All slightly bad tasting food is discarded regardless of cost

Foods:
Melons (eaten by itself) - Honeydew, Watermelon, Cantaloupe
Orange juice (only the juice and only from organic valencias or nonorganic navels, the juice is made into enough that I can drink it all within a few minutes, so that it isnt exposed to air for very long, thus I go for long periods in the day when I have nothing but sips of water)
Avocado (Sparingly, small portions, fats make me feel bad and I go back to poor food choices if I feel bad, I eat this only when I crave it and only about 1/4 the avocado, the rest is thrown away)

Deli meat (most expensive kind of turkey from high quality shops, and ham with only water+honey added)
I eat a good deal of this deli meat even though it's very expensive, all by itself, no seasonings or spices of any kind. It is very convenient and somehow, by eating so much cooked yet cold meat, it eliminates all cravings for fast food without the familiar heat-factor that makes me crave it again (grease, grain, ketchup, fries, etc. cravings gone). The only craving that remains is for sugar (candy, chocolate milk, soda). I don't eat it with melons but sometimes I'll drink OJ after. OJ satisfies the candy,chocolate milk, and soda cravings completely IF the oj is not too acidic/bitter.

By far the hardest part of the diet is travelling 40 mins (round trip) plus spending about 15-20 minutes shopping every few days. With the hours I work (usually 11 hours per day are tied up with work related activity) I'm hoping to get a better system going.

Basically my diet is melons with orange juice and deli meat, evian water (it's tasteless, I hate water otherwise), and slight bits of avocado.

Whenever I get a craving, I sip the evian water, it makes the stomach feel full, but I still have hunger craving, for which it builds up in intensity until it overcomes my laziness to make OJ, or if im still lazy, I eat meat, or melons, depending on sugar/meat craving. Melons are the only fruit I can eat with the fiber and not feel bad afterwards.

I specifically avoid things I learned in the past that sabotage my diet efforts, like bananas, greens, spices, peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes, and anything else that either doesn't taste good or makes me feel bad.

What this diet does for me is makes everything I eat taste awesome (except the avocado bits, which I might drop), and keeps me away from a really bad diet. Eventually I plan to drop the processed deli meat for raw beef, but only once the taste isn't extremely lacking to my tongue (have to get healthier first).
RRM
Administrator

Re: panacea's diet log

Post by RRM »

Glad to hear that.

The power that food has over people is quite amazing.
Maybe it is just because its all there for grabs.
Maybe its because we have little control over our life, regarding happiness.
And food is just one of those happy makers (just like coffee, alcohol and smoking) that we have instant access to.
panacea

Post by panacea »

There's definitely reasons why this diet is working for me, and it's not just the diet, but also the timing. I'm just recovering from a severe bout of constipation (most severe in my life) which has made me feel worse than I ever have and generally exhausted me. It was during this episode that I began eating a lot better. I joined this forum in 2010, about 1 year before that I was reading all over the internet trying to correct my typical SAD diet in school because it was affecting me negatively. I have been mentally prepared for a truly healthy diet for at least 5 years, and I'm just now seeing the first sign of success (I say that now because the cravings are not there on this diet if I keep eating, not strong enough to compel me, which is something I've never felt). I also developed a benign lipoma on my arm when I was really eating badly (and too much), which I made a point not to get removed even though it's cosmetically ugly, because it also helps remind me of the potential horrible things that can develop in my body if I keep feeding it poorly.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Dropped avocados for now
Started spreading 1 high quality cage free egg yolk on the cooked deli turkey slices as a "multivitamin"
looking for a easier way to get orange juice than slow juicers (takes to long to skin each orange)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

citrus juicer??
dime

Post by dime »

I find avocados very good in a salad with tomatoes and a little vinegar and oil. Standalone they feel heavy.
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

Avocados are excellent. But if you really want good digest, digest perfectly avocados, then they must be put in the juicer cold. You know how the Versapers, Hurom, vertical cold press.

This machine accepts all fruits and allows, for example, greatly facilitated the digestion of certain fruits like banana ... The machine works like your body, it has a fiber output and waste and another went out juice. you throw what comes out of the machine to the left (fiber) and you keep what comes out on the right of the machine (juice).

You put two to three-four lawyers in the extractor, the lawyer will come out like green butter, of course after that it will be much easier to digest and it is incredibly good !!

Oscar is right, for oranges, you have a lot of press citrus fruits (oranges, lemon, grapefruit), from 3 euros simplest ...
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

Avocados go out as a delicious green cream ... (the extractor)
panacea

Post by panacea »

All my body wants currently is orange juice and melons and meat. I don't know how but eating those 3 things is keeping the junk food cravings away, so it must be all I need for now

I can't stress the importance this has had for me in relation to conquering cravings. Previously, I would always succumb to them, I think it was because I would only have fruit on hand when my body wanted meat (but I had no way to tell), and the other part is that I tried raw beef which was a mistake - doesn't satisfy me as I don't think my body is healthy enough to digest it properly yet. I need to train myself with cooked meat then proceed to raw later. I hope someone else who has intense cravings tries this regimen
panacea

Post by panacea »

Day 10, got a citrus press (hamilton beach) been drinking a lot of orange juice, and still eating a lot of meat (since those are the only two foods I'm eating right now, watermelon and honeydew/cantalope are not juicy enough to warrant buying must be out of season here)

I'm still feeling better than on the junk food diet (obviously), but I'm experiencing mild constipation still (I had it on the previous diet too). I think it's because of such a sedentary lifestyle combined with a soft diet. I've noticed that when I have a work day where I'm in the car for about 3 hours of the day + walk for an extra 30 minutes, my constipation starts to alleviate (due to vibrations in the car and walking), so my next idea is to order an oscillating body vibrator (you stand on it and it shakes your whole body intensely) which I can use while at the desk (sitting) or 10 min standing, and see if it that fixes constipation - the only problem so far.

On a side note, my acne appears to be in the initial stages of clearing up. My skin already feels different. I'll probably have acne for a while longer since I don't exercise/sweat and clean the skin that way.
panacea

Post by panacea »

One more thing, unlike most people here, I didn't have severe acne problems in my teen years or when I found wai diet, I found this place for other reasons. However, due to probably one of the unhealthiest diets in the world that I've had for about a year, I gave myself induced chronic acne all over my back and face (and even the odd pimple on my leg which I've never had before) even at age 23-24 (when at ages 21-22 I was practically always clear even with eating whatever).
dime

Post by dime »

Why don't you get out for a walk/run every day? In my experience sitting all day long is the worst regarding health and well being, no amount of perfect wai diet helps against its effects. Many studies have actually shown this. Unless you are disabled you have no excuse to not be at least a little bit active throughout the day.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I do walk around back/forth around my apartment, to my vehicle, around the office at work (to the door at work/back) and in the supermarket for example, it probably adds up to 45-60 min of "walking" throughout the day, sometimes more, but it's just not enough, no sweating, very little fresh outside air, etc, I agree. The main problem is lack of time and energy. To exercise routinely you need to crave it or be super motivated - exercise is tedious to me as I'm hooked to computer screens with their constant information/entertainment. Therefore I'm trying to find a way to be healthy while sedentary (vibration machine), once it relieves constipation if it does, hopefully that will open the door to wanting to walk/run for 15-20 minutes a day (I already feel like it a little bit), and then build up from there to 2 hours of running per day.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

What is your typical day's menu of food like?
Do you use sugar or oils?
or is it just oj, melons, deli meats and yolks?
Do you get enough calories?
panacea

Post by panacea »

damn, I posted it all and lost it due to lost post, should've known!