Novidez's Journey - From non-Wai to Wai

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Novidez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Novidez's Journey - From non-Wai to Wai

Post by Novidez »

I'm finally going to start my diary here on the forum. Having still some insecurities about what food to eat and how to become a 'Wai person', here I am going to share not only what I am eating in order to make my way to Wai, but also my doubts, issues, what I am feeling, improvements, etc.
Since I am mere college student, my independence and free will are quite limited. I still have to deal with many social situations that sometimes I can't avoid, specially when I have my family and peers around. So, it is probably that this diet won't be always completely Wai, due to some days I will have to eat non-Wai food.
Finally, not wanting to ask you to much, your help is gold for me. I would be very thankful to read your feedback, opinions, criticisms, suggestions and whatever you want to say. I would really, really appreciate it, seriously.

So, let's begin! :)
Novidez

Re: Novidez's Journey - From non-Wai to Wai

Post by Novidez »

Sunday, March 6, 2016

10:30 Wake up
10:45 500mL Tepid Bottle Water
11:00 2 Oranges (I'm still withdrawing Prozac and since I have to take it in the morning, I eat something to not ingest the pill on a empty stomach)
13:30 Grilled Mackerel 2 Units + Cooked Rice (around 75g) + Cooked Green Peas (around 20g) + Cooked White Beans (around 70g)
19:00 1,5L Bottle Water
20:20 1 Plate of Soup (ingredients (all cooked): Courgette, Cabbage, Carrot, Pumpkin, Onion, Water, Olive Oil, Salt)
21:00 10g Roasted Cashews. 10g Roasted Pistachios
22:00 2 Egg Yolks
22:30 Bedtime (more like laying down in bed, actually)
0:30 1 Peeled Apple
2:00 (aprox.) Fall Asleep

This one was one of those days that my parents were with me most of the time, so I was neither able to fast nor to eat only Wai food.
I am also trying to literally empty my pantry eating the food that it is not Wai and not to feel bad that those food can spoil. Like, for example, those roasted nuts.

Issues

- I had serious problems to fall asleep. I lay on the bed at that hour, but I think I only fell asleep around 2am. And, today, I had to wake up at 7am :/. When I was trying to fall asleep,I felt somehow hungry and I can say that I had some cravings too. That's why I ate an apple.
- I am still very constipated, so I am not having good time on the toilet.

Questions

- I don't usually exercise everyday, but when I do, I exercise early in the morning. Since after exercising, the hunger appears what would be the optimal food to eat? I guess some protein(?), but what protein? Because I think not eating anything right after exercising until night is not really recommended. But I am not completely sure about this information though.
- I see many people drinking OJ at night. Isn't that a bad time to do it? Because what I used to know is that specially oranges should be eaten in the morning, not at night. But this is common sense knowledge of course xD
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

I was thinking that maybe, when I am describing my day, I should distinguish non-Wai food from Wai food because it can lead to misunderstandings. Something like:

Italic to describe an action
Black for non-Wai food;
Green for Fruits/Nuts/OO
Red for Raw Fish/Meat
Yellow for Egg Yolks.

(Herm... is it anything left?)

Does it seem ok?

P.S.: Forgive me Aytundra, if the idea of the colors are similar to yours :roll: It is for a good reason!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Novidez wrote:(Herm... is it anything left?)
Granulated sugar? What colour will your sugar be?
Novidez wrote:P.S.: Forgive me Aytundra, if the idea of the colors are similar to yours :roll: It is for a good reason!
i expect royalties :wink:
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Granulated sugar? What colour will your sugar be?
Exactly, I missed the sugar! I don't eat sugar for such a long time that I don't even remember that exists xD
I do have some brown sugar here in my house. Says "it is directly extracted from the sugar cane". My mother often uses this sugar, maybe I will not touch it and buy my own sugar. What type is the best? Granulated or brown sugar?

And the color for it will be green too :)

I don't know what to eat today. I think I will still pick some random food. I really don't know what to eat atm xD
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Monday, March 7, 2016

7:00 Wake Up
7:10 500mL Tepid Bottled Water
14:00 1 Apple
15:00-18:00 500mL Bottled Water
20:30 1 Apple,1 Pear, 1 Melon (Honeydew), 1 Mandarine, 6 Slices of Pineapple
21:20 60g Cooked Cod, 1 Un. Semi-cooked Carrot
21:40 Smoothie: 1 tbsp. Hulled Hemp Seeds, 1 tbsp. Chia Seeds, 1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds, 1 tbsp. Cocoa Powder, 300mL Almond Milk, 200mL Bottled Water
21:50 5 Unblanched Hazelnuts, 7 Unblanched Almonds, 2 Shelled Walnuts, 1 Un. Brazil Nut (even though I bought them organic and doesn't say anything about roasting them, we can't never trust... I usually soak the nuts first before eating them, but yesterday I didn't because I was not planning to eat them :S)
0:00 3 Egg Yolks
0:10 Lay Down on Bed
1:30 1 Banana
2:00-10:00 Sleeping

---\\---

I can and I want to totally modify this. This was actually a good example of what I use to eat on a regular day except the Raw Egg Yolks (I used to eat a poached egg every morning) and this quantity of fruit (I would eat more veggies and legumes instead).
I'm really liking taking those Egg Yolks :P . Yesterday I increased the quantity to 3. I don't know, but now I miss the reaction I had when I ate the first yolk. Maybe it was the Avocado+Egg Yolk together that made me felt that way. I'm thinking about increasing to 4 today!

Issues

- Once again, I had some trouble falling asleep... I don't have any clock near my bed, so 1:30 and 2:00 are merely estimations. I'm wondering if the fact that I am doing withdrawal from Prozac is affecting my sleep. Insomnia is one of the symptoms. I've also woken up twice during the night: first, for a random reason; second, due to a nightmare.
- Still haven't poop since Sunday...

Questions

- Should I really drink tepid water in the morning? I create this habit, because it is said that is good for our body.
- Btw, I read people here talking about having dark circles under the eyes. Are they talking about this?
I mean, because if that's the case, I think I've always had those since I've met myself in a mirror xD
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Monday, March 8, 2016

10:00 Wake Up
10:20 500mL Tepid Bottled Water
10:30-18:00 1L Bottled Water
18:30-20:00 2 Apples, 2 Pears, 2 Bananas, 1 Tomato (small), 1 Kiwi, 1 Mango, 2 Mandarines (no fiber eaten), 0.5L OJ + 2 tbsp. EVOO + 4 tbsp. Sugar, 1 Brazil Nut (roasted?), 600mL Unsweetened Almond Milk + 5 tbsp. Sugar + 6 tsp. Cocoa Powder + 2 tbsp. Shelled Hemp Seeds + 2 tsp. Coconut Oil
22:00 5 Egg Yolks + 1 tbsp. EVOO
22:00 Bedtime
1:00(aprox.)-6:30 Sleeping

---\\---

Well, yesterday I tried to follow and adapt some of the diet examples that are on the Waiworld.com and... Holy sh!t, you must be kidding with me! As soon as nearly 2 hours passed when I ate at 18:30pm, I had this urge to go to the toilet and I did a perfect stool. Wtf?! Sjsnddksndhdkdhdjsjdsfsafadsg :D :D . Was it because of the olive oil?
Btw, I think I understimated the task on making orange juice... It took me 30 mins to make only 500mL ahah. The mess that it creates around doesn't help at all xD
I ate 5 egg yolks instead of 4 because one of the eggs had 2 yolks inside. I actually think I can eat more, but I am going on a slow pace. Don't know if today I will eat 6 or not.

Issues

- I know that is not really related to the diet, but withdrawing Prozac has been a hard time for me. My mind is completely all over the place. One more week to go to withdraw completely. So the worst is yet to come. It's not gonna be easy, but I'm optimistic. :wink:

Questions

- Shouldn't I be taking more Omega-3 to balance the Omega-6? Or is not really necessary?
- RRM, when you are fasting, does your stomach still make noises? Or is it already adapted to it? Sometimes I have to eat something (usually a fruit) or drink water to quiet it.
- I do not eat raw fish yet, I would like to know when I will be ready for that. Well, I think first I need to know how to proper choose fish :lol: (having a good time with the yolks though. And they are cheaper actually)

Improvements

I pooped like a boss! :D
I wish I could start doing it in the morning as it should be.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

6:30 Wake Up
6:50 500mL Tepid Bottled Water
7:20 20g Dried Goji Berries (4 pills left until I complete fully withdrawing Prozac)
12:40 1 Apple, 1 Mandarine
13:00-17:00 500mL Bottled Water
20:00-22:30 1 Beet, 1 Cucumber, 1 Banana, 1 Mandarine, 1 Mango,1 Brazil Nut (roasted?), 1L OJ + 4 tbsp. EVOO + 8 tbsp. Sugar, 1 Banana, 3 tbsp. Shelled Hemp Seeds,1 Small Tomato + 2 tbsp. EVOO
23:00 7 Egg Yolks
0:00 Bedtime
0:15(aprox.)-8:30(wake up due to alarm clock, but I was still tired)-11:30 Sleeping

---//---

It seems that when I start to eat at night, my bowels begin to work and I have to go immediately to the bathroom approximately 1 hour later.
I took 7 Egg Yolks this day, but I am pretty sure that I can eat more of them. Today, I am going to try to eat as many as my body wants (I really hope that it let me know how much is the maximum limit, otherwise I will not stop eating them ahah)

Questions

- I was re-reading something you have said RRM, and what did you really mean by this:
You do not need fiber for that, as the egg yolks has proven. Please take a number of egg yolks at night before you go to bed. That is best.
Because, I said, in a not serious way, that maybe the Avocado+Egg combo was the reason that made me have that first reaction on my body. And, I was actually thinking about doing this combination again or with another fruit. However, having you said that, maybe I will wait for your feedback first.
- The best Olive Oil is the Extra Virgin, right? I am writing EVOO, because I am not completely sure if it is the best or not. And, should I buy it Organic or a casual one on the supermarket is ok too?
- I still do not completely understand/know what are the ideal amount of foods for me...

Improvements?

- If on Tuesday I did a perfect stool, this day I did one even more perfect :lol: :D
- I fell asleep like a baby! :shock: I don't know if it was because I was really tired or not, but it took me only a few minutes to fall asleep after I lied down in bed!
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Thursday, March 10, 2016

11:30 Wake Up
12:00-17:00 500mL Bottled Water
17:30-20:00 1 Tomato, 1 Banana, 1 Apple, Brazil Nut (roasted?), 1.5L OJ + 70g OO + 12 tbsp. Sugar, 2 Bananas, 1 Apple
23:00 9 Egg Yolks
0:00 Bedtime
0:45(aprox.)-7:00 Sleeping

---//---

Yesterday, I increased my egg yolks intake to 9. I don't know what is the criteria to know when we are full or not, but after 9 yolks I was more thirsty than hungry and, of course, I felt full, so I stopped there. It was funny, because I had a little, little small sensation of being on 'heaven' and with full of energy again, but not even comparable to the first time I ate a yolk. I feel more focused and clear minded when I experience this, but I also feel shaky, as if I had not completely control of my own movements. They are kinda empowered xD
Due to some tasks I had to do tonight, I think I took the yolks kinda late. And that small energy that they gave me, lasted quite a bit until midnight. However, I feel like my sleep was very satisfying. I felt asleep quite easily and when I woke up in the morning, I felt very nice. Even though I only slept 6 or less hours.

Issues

- I did not evacuate this day :(... Was it the beet from the other day? That little root was occupying some space on my fridge, so I ate it. Or too much fiber? I dunno :?

Questions
It may be that you still need protein though, and also protein stimulates insulin secretion.
Thus it is better to also (besides sugars) consume sufficient protein in the intitial phase of the eating window, to prevent overeating due to a still present need for protein in the second phase.
So, regarding insulin resistence;
1. Consume mostly sugary and proteinaceous food In the initial phase of the eating window
2. If you still want to eat more, and you are not so much in tune with your remaining energy requirements, then consume more fatty foods in the second phase of the eating window
- RRM, you said this in one topic and I was actually wondering if it is better to take all the yolks at once or split some of them for the initial phase of the eating window and before going to bed. I don't know if I'm overeating or not atm. I can say that I feel very satisfied after drinking all the OJ. Now if it is to much, I really don't know ;D
- How do you rinse your mouth with OJ after taking the yolks? Because when I ate those 9, I rinsed my mouth but only with water (maybe this is was the reason) and my throat felt like it had some glue on it. I actually drank some water after to see if it would solve it. It help only helped a little bit. But, just to not have any doubts, do you rinse and drink the OJ or do you rinse and spit it?

P.S.:
Novidez wrote:The best Olive Oil is the Extra Virgin, right?
Olive oil should be extra virgin cold pressed.
I've already found the answer to my question. Although, I still don't know if being organic is really necessary or not.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Friday, March 11, 2016

7:00 Wake Up
7:20 500 mL Tepid Bottled
7:45 20mg Goji Berries, 4 tsp. Shelled Hemp Seeds (3 Prozac pills left)
12:00-17:00 250mL Bottled Water
18:00-20:00 Brazil Nut (roasted?), 500mL OJ + 20mL OO + 4 tbsp. Sugar, 4 Bananas (small), 500mL OJ + 25mL OO + 4 tbsp. Sugar, 1 Avocado, 500mL OJ + 25mL OO + 4 tbsp. Sugar
23:30 10 Egg Yolks + 25mL OJ
2:00 Bedtime
2:15(aprox.)-11:30 Sleeping

---//---

- I must say that I'm liking very much the way I'm falling asleep and how I feel when I wake up in the morning without any alarm clock :)
- I didn't go to the toilet once a again. I read this on the Waiworld.com "- Bathroom frequency. After a while on the diet, motion frequency might decrease. If the stool itself is normal (probably more liquid due to less fiber), then this is nothing to worry about, it is not constipation. It is just a sign that there is less junk to dispose of.". I hope that these are good news for me instead ;D
- Meh, I lied down a little too late this day. Got distracted by the Internet doing some research.

Thoughts & Analysis

- I saw the price of salmon in the supermarket and it was 6,50€/kg. I'm paying 2,80€ for 6 Eggs. Perhaps I was wrong. Maybe buying some salmon/fish is cheaper then just buying eggs. I'm really wondering if I can eat start eating some raw fish or not... :?
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Saturday, March 12, 2016

11:30 Wake Up
13:00-17:00 250mL Bottled Water
18:30-22:30 500mL OJ + 20g OO + 4 tbsp. Sugar, 1 Cucumber (medium), 1 Avocado, 1 Kiwi, 1 Brazil Nut (roasted?), 500mL OJ + 20g OO + 4 tbsp. Sugar, 1 Avocado, 500mL OJ + 20g OO + 4 tbsp. Sugar
0:30 11 Egg Yolks, 150mL OJ
1:30 Bedtime
1:45-5:00(?)-8:00(?)-12:00 Sleeping

---//---

- I open this threat viewtopic.php?f=3&p=42499#p42499 about the symptoms I have after the eating window. It really anesthetizes me. I don't know if the spike of insulin is so high that makes me feel this way. Maybe I should focus on low GI foods first to warm up and prepare my body and only then add the sugary foods. I really don't know if I am exaggerating on the amount of sugar. Today (March 13), when I do rough movements with my head I even feel a small light headache in the front. Maybe I should reduce it...? Or is it the OO? Or the fiber? How can I know? :(
- I don't know accurately at what hours I did wake up during the night, but I know that it was two times. So, the sleeping was not so satisfying as it has been... Also, of course, I always have dark circles under my eyes :|
- 3 days in a raw without going to the bathroom :roll:

Questions

- Rinsing and drinking some OJ after eating the yolks really helps me with glue issue on the throat. Much better! :D
- When are you brushing your teeth? I am brushing in the morning after getting up and before starting eating at night. I am doing this because I don't want to brush my teeth after drinking the OJ, but I don't know if this is the smartest way to do it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote: - Should I really drink tepid water in the morning?
No, not at all.
The body can perfectly expell all toxins in the water it absorbs from fruits/juices.
Btw, I read people here talking about having dark circles under the eyes. Are they talking about this?
Yes, they are.
I think I've always had those since I've met myself in a mirror xD
ha ha, yes, it is usually something that runs in the family and doesnt go away in any circumstances.
I do not know of any remedy.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote:When are you brushing your teeth? I am brushing in the morning after getting up and before starting eating at night. I am doing this because I don't want to brush my teeth after drinking the OJ,
Its exactly what i do.
I'm really wondering if I can eat start eating some raw fish or not..
What is keeping you?
I still don't know if (olives) being organic is really necessary or not.
It is better, but not necessary.
do you rinse and drink the OJ (after yolks) or do you rinse and spit it?
I drink it.
Novidez wrote: Maybe I should focus on low GI foods first to warm up and prepare my body and only then add the sugary foods.
You can try.
You need to establish what feels most comfortable to your body.
3 days in a raw without going to the bathroom :roll:
Hmm. Try consuming a load of oil with a small salad (of tomatoes, and avocado, for example)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Hmm. Try consuming a load of oil with a small salad (of tomatoes, and avocado, for example)
The only way I can have regular bowel movements, is by making sure I have little stress in my life. For me that is by far the most important factor. I think with stress, there isn't going enough blood or something to the digestive tract.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Sunday, March 13, 2016

12:00 Wake Up
12:30 500mL Bottled Water
14:00 2 Apples (2 Prozac pills left)
20:30-21:30 1 Brazil Nut (roasted?), 1 Kiwi, 1 Avocado, 1 Mango, 500mL OJ + 2 tbsp. OO + 2 tbsp. Sugar, 1 Avocado, 500mL OJ + 2 tbsp. OO + 2 tbsp. Sugar, 500mL OJ + 2 tbsp. OO + 2 tbsp. Sugar
22:15 100g Slow-cooked Salmon (marinated with lemon juice first)
0:45 Bedtime
1:30 150mL OJ + 1 tbsp. OO + 1 tbsp. Sugar
2:00-4:00(?)-6:00 Sleeping

---//---

- This day I ate some cooked salmon and I concluded that I made a huge mistake: my stomach reacted really bad as soon I ate it, starting to do some weird noises. It seemed that he was like 'What the hell are you giving to me?". Few minutes later, it actually made me go to the bathroom (my bowels seemed to react). I must say that I felt pretty queasy, with a feel of heavy stomach after eating. Having even a little sensation to want to throw it up. Moreover, my bowels start hurting, specially on my left side, making me feel bloated and having to expel gases. Is this the so called cramps? I was even planning to take some yolks next, but I simply couldn't do it as the way I felt.
I read this on the Waiworld.com "When consuming raw foods daily, consuming something bad accidentally can give someone the runs at worst.". Why the body reacts so badly when eating cooked food / munch food after becoming essentially a raw eater? After all, shouldn't we be more immunes to everything?

- After nearly 4 days, I finally went to the bathroom (well, that cooked salmon did some job). However, it was not that successful :(: it was a little hard and very rugged. Like this (I'm sorry if this is too graphic :roll: ):

- And yeah, I slept really bad this day. I even got up to drink some OJ to see if it helped me.