Novidez's Journey - From non-Wai to Wai

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Novidez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Cold Hands + Low Body Temperature + Low Heartbeat

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:If you think that a normal diet may serve you better, then please do not hesitate, and try.
Maybe it will bring you peace.
There are moments that I feel incredibly, but really incredibly great. Today is one of those days. However, there are days that I feel really uncomfortable with myself.
I don't know if a normal diet will give me peace.
You said to me once that here I could discover what is the best for me.
And I agree with you.
That's why I keep continuing this journey.
This may be asking to much, but the only thing I want is a little help. Relying on the first thing I read on the Internet, is driving me insane.
Kasper

Re: Novidez's Journey - From non-Wai to Wai

Post by Kasper »

Maybe you are reading too much?

You say you feel and look better than you used to look. So probably this diet is doing you better than your old diet right?

You seem to be so much in a hurry to solve problems. If you have a leaky gut (emphasis on if) and if you have low temps, then probably you have had that for a long time. And you have survived. No need to try to fix that right now and read the whole internet in a night about it.

Maybe just limit the time you read daily to for example an hour or maybe two hours, I think that will help you more than anything, because it seems to indeed drive you crazy. And I understand it has driven me crazy as well. I try to rely much more on experimentation and listening to my body then on any information on the internet. That is also much more joyfull and less stressful then reading imo.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

You say you feel and look better than you used to look.
I feel better sometimes, but most of the times I don't.
Regarding my look, I don't know what to say. When someone says to me that I am yellow/orange, it is like puncturing a knife on my chest.
Kasper wrote:I try to rely much more on experimentation and listening to my body then on any information on the internet. That is also much more joyfull and less stressful then reading imo.
I completely agree with you, 100%!
But, so, I am experience some discomfort on my throat/chest. I am listening to my body. But how do I interpret that? I simply don't know. That's why I put everything here hoping that you guys could give me some tips and answers.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

So, trying to 'de-orange' my skin color kinda didn't work out very well.
I simply substituted the main source of energy: Oranges for Melons + Kiwis.
What started to concern me most was the fact my legs were losing all the muscle. I have been feeling like an old man that has to have a cane to stand still, seriously.
I was supposedly eating enough nutrients according to the Calculator, but it probably didn't correspond to the reality. And I was probably not getting enough protein even tho it said so.
Since I increased my protein intake, I am feeling better and with more strength in my legs.
I have also stopped doing IF. I wonder how much it was influencing on my stress levels and also about consuming my muscle mass.

I felt a little sad these days, I must say.
Also when you said this RRM,
RRM wrote:If you think that a normal diet may serve you better, then please do not hesitate, and try.
Maybe it will bring you peace.
I also felt disappointed... As you can probably guess, that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. I want to solve things, yes, but still being on Wai.
My insecurities may have started to be annoying and perhaps I must apologize for that.

I really don't want to be a nuisance.
I'm sorry, because I'm probably being repetitive and annoying, but can I just ask your opinion again about my blood tests? I would certainly be grateful if I could get your feedback (perhaps you have already seen them).
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3729&start=150#p43409
Novidez

Fasting

Post by Novidez »

"After the liver's glycogen is depleted, fasting destroys the tissues, starting with the thymus, then the muscles and liver."
http://wiki.raypeatforum.com/index.php/ ... es#Fasting

"Ask yourself this. Do you believe that Mother Nature designed us to store excess energy as fat, but as soon as we need it, we start burning protein instead of fat? No, protein is conserved and fat is burned for fuel during fasting."
http://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting-faq

I seriously don't understand how IF really works. It seems that everyone has their own opinion that favors their own ideal.
Novidez

Lost some hair on my fingers (from hands and feet)

Post by Novidez »

Why did this happen? Is it related to my hormones?

I read this also
http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c ... rk#slide=2

Maybe the fact I am always experiencing cold hands is related to it?

What do you think?
Novidez

Tapeworms

Post by Novidez »

I was wondering, if a person ingests one tapeworm egg, how much time it takes to the parasite evolve?
Weeks? Months? Years?
dime

Post by dime »

Novidez, try to take it slowly. IF is difficult to do and it is stressful, stress hormones raise when you are fasting. Switching to a new diet is similarly stressful until you adapt to it. Whatever other changes you are making add yet more fuel to the fire.

Try to do and adapt to one (small) thing at a time, and ignore those impulses to try whatever else in the meantime. Baby steps and lots of patience. And also try to avoid wasting time reading articles from shady gurus, preachers, teachers, doctors, etc.

E.g. I'm trying IF since I've had a stable diet I'm happy with for a long time. For now I'm just doing it like this: fast until about 12:00-13:00 (or later, depends how busy it turns out at work), go to gym, and right afterwards I break the fast. I do this only when I go to gym which is three times a week. Sometimes I skip and it's twice a week. I'll go on like this for months probably until I'm confident it's going well and then stop to reassess how it could be changed for the better (e.g. possibly try doing it every day, or include full day fasts, or stop IF altogether).
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

I started doing IF in December and I was dealing with it pretty well.
Then, in March, I started the Wai Diet and I began to have more stress related issues. I pretty much started Wai on cold turkey since I was very confident that time. And, in the beginning, I was continuing with that confidence, but then I started to have some issues and I didn't know how to solve them.
Also, I realized that I was all alone doing this and if something happened to me, it would be all my fault.

When I noticed my legs were disappearing and I was starting to have troubles on standing still on my own, it was really scary for me. I don't want to have a cane already with only 25 years old.

Now, I am scared little baby.
I pretty much screwed up my semester. I could not focus on anything besides my health.

So I've stopped both of them: first IF and then Wai. I mean, when it starts to be a hindrance and not a healing, I think it is better to just stop.
Also, I was not dealing well with all of this: I was expecting to be super human right now and not the exact opposite.
dime wrote:Novidez, try to take it slowly. IF is difficult to do and it is stressful, stress hormones raise when you are fasting. Switching to a new diet is similarly stressful until you adapt to it. Whatever other changes you are making add yet more fuel to the fire.

Try to do and adapt to one (small) thing at a time, and ignore those impulses to try whatever else in the meantime. Baby steps and lots of patience. And also try to avoid wasting time reading articles from shady gurus, preachers, teachers, doctors, etc.
I feel completely lost. I mean, I am so ignorant that every (supposedly) light I see, I just want to follow it trying to get better. But I will always end up not knowing what I am doing and, as you said pretty well, "you are making add yet more fuel to the fire". I really have to study and understand all of this.
I wish I could gather some gurus, put them in a room and see/hear the debate.
dime wrote:E.g. I'm trying IF since I've had a stable diet I'm happy with for a long time. For now I'm just doing it like this: fast until about 12:00-13:00 (or later, depends how busy it turns out at work), go to gym, and right afterwards I break the fast. I do this only when I go to gym which is three times a week. Sometimes I skip and it's twice a week. I'll go on like this for months probably until I'm confident it's going well and then stop to reassess how it could be changed for the better (e.g. possibly try doing it every day, or include full day fasts, or stop IF altogether).
You are more cautious indeed and maybe that's the way it should be.
I am very impulsive maybe because I just want to get better. If I have to follow a diet, I am very restrictive with myself and I do it exactly how it is. Because I want to see the results and I don't admit myself cheating. I just go ham since the beginning.
However, being this impulsive might kill me one day for sure.

P.S.: this previous Sunday, I didn't know what to eat, so I drank some OJ (2L). For my surprise, I started to have some issues on my breathing again (tightness throat, shortness of breath, etc). This is a little ironic... It would be 'funny' that all this time I have been doing Wai, only now, I realized that I am allergic to citrus fruits. I blamed the salmon, I blamed the eggs, but never the OJ... Even though, I still have to make sure this is true or just a coincidence.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Tapeworms

Post by RRM »

A single egg usually does not survive in our digestive tract.
Novidez

Re: Tapeworms

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:A single egg usually does not survive in our digestive tract.
Thank you, I didn't know about that. I simply couldn't argue in a discussion with some people.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Novidez wrote:When I noticed my legs were disappearing ...
:shock:
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Oscar wrote: :shock:
Yeah, unfortunately, it was true. And I may still have a problem on me left knee (it does some cracking sound like the sound you hear when scrunching plastic wrap).
Back to those days, it was weird, I literally felt my knees to bend over on the opposite way. I was really afraid of it. I was always using my hands to get up, for example. I didn't want to force my knees at all in any activity I was doing. Even simply staying still.

I still don't know what was the real culprit... Was I under eating (Protein)?
That's the thing, even thought the calculator clearly said that I was eating enough protein (or I thought it was enough for me maybe), my legs were turning into anorectic legs.
But there could be others culprits like lack of salt? Lack of calcium? I will never know...
Novidez

After stopping doing IF

Post by Novidez »

So I read this on a forum:
"You are a dynamic organism, but the body pushes towards static homeostasis. If your beta cells, mitochondria, gut biome, etc, are all "used to" your diet being based around fat as an energy source, you will likely continue to crave mostly fat. It's a fairly energy intensive to completely "rewire" the body to a new dominant fuel source. This is why many people from a carb based background feel sick when starting onto a low carb/ketogenic/fasting/caloric restriction type diet. The same is true when making the change back, possibly even more so because of insulin resistance, fatty liver, etc that may come into play after any significant time on the diets I mentioned. Fiber intake and electrolyte balance are also huge factors that change dramatically when switching fuel sources, since the intake of these will drastically change as the food fuel sources change."

Of course, the only thing that matter to me is fasting because it was the thing I did.
For example, I do still have problems regarding my hunger signals: I'm almost never hungry all the time (I don't remember the last time that my stomach did noises because of hunger).
So my meals are still really messed up: I do not fast, but during the day, I don't eat huge meals either and nothing feels to be really satiating. I tend to eat more at night, even though, as I said, I am never hungry. I just eat, because I need to eat.

Is there any explanation for this? Is my body still using its own sources of energy instead primarily the energy from food?
And also, do we become more prone to Insulin Resistance, fatty liver, etc after doing IF?
Novidez

Fingertips not shrinking while taking a bath

Post by Novidez »

I had noticed this after starting the Wai Diet. Even though I am not 100% Wai atm, my fingertips still don't shrink.
I remember before and specially when I was young, kids used to say that they had wrinkles like the old people.

What's the reason behind this phenomenon?
Last edited by Novidez on Tue 14 Jun 2016 00:28, edited 1 time in total.