panacea's Raw Wai Ketogenic Diet log

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

panacea's Raw Wai Ketogenic Diet log

Post by panacea »

April 17, 2016

First day on raw wai ketogenic diet after having been on cooked non-wai ketogenic diet for approximately 3.5 weeks

Foods are listed in the order taken as much as is possible, each new line is a different meal period

Flavored water throughout the day (artificial flavors are present, this is technically my only cheat "food" which will be removed within a few weeks and replaced with plain spring water). The ingredients on the back of the bottle are: Filtered Carbonated Water, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Potassium Benzoate (A Preservative), Aspartame, Potassium Citrate, Acesulfame Potassium. It is my feeling that while this is not the best drink, it won't really interfere since the amounts of the bad ingredients are so low, not to mention probably bound to the water some. I had the same process happen on cooked non-wai keto diet for 3.5 weeks which I was eating a lot of sugar free jello for the oral fixation and taste alone, to prevent going back to my old bad diet ways, eventually I didn't desire it anymore (the last 1.5 weeks).

1 gulp of unflavored spring water mixed with real sea salt from ancient oceans
1 egg yolk (yolk only, no sac) (organic, free range, no extra omegas added) (will be gradually increasing quantity to allow body to get used to bacteria)
1 yolk-sized amount of 90% lean raw beef (bought previously, will be buying 70% lean from now on)
1 yolk-sized amount of 90% lean raw beef
1 egg yolk
1 kiwi (interior flesh only)

This day was not meant to meet caloric needs or my dietary caloric goal, it was meant to inoculate myself to raw food bacteria.

Subjective experiences:
Being day 1, I had no desire for raw food, which is no surprise. The kiwi tasted mildly better than the yolks/beef. It was not super easy, but it was relatively easy to beat the desire for cooked food, the cravings for carbs/junk food did not come back even while hungry. I definitely wanted a little more food, but I knew better than to eat a lot of raw food before adapting to it, also, there was no motivation to eat raw food, just a motivation to eat cooked food.
After ingesting the yolks, some time after, I had stomach rumbles (but no discomfort) etc, telling me the bacteria were starting to colonize my gut after my cooked diet probably got it out of whack (a good thing). This somewhat fasting period of a day also allows the villi to partially regenerate (they are very fast) after being abused by cooked foods.
Sleep: the first night of sleep was much improved over the previous 3.5 weeks worth of sleep, even for only one day. I slept a half hour less than normal (7.5 hours), even though I stayed up all night (which makes me usually sleep longer), but most remarkably woke up without much head heaviness or any pain from sleeping in one position too long (clearly I was either switching positions more, or blood flow was improved).

~30% of these effects may just be placebo, and most of them are probably due to not eating as much bad things as I was before (cooked keto), and not because raw yolks or beef or kiwis are miracle workers in small amounts.
Novidez

Re: panacea's Raw Wai Ketogenic Diet log

Post by Novidez »

panacea wrote:I had stomach rumbles (but no discomfort) etc, telling me the bacteria were starting to colonize my gut
Hmm, never thought about that. I experienced them a lot too when I started to eat raw, but not discomfort too as you said. Is that the main reason? I just thought my body was rejecting or something.
But how you would explain, for example, if now I ate some cooked food, the reaction can be the same (but I have discomfort. At least when I ate some cooked food. Maybe this also could be placebo or psychologically, since I was just so 'mad' for eating cooking food that my body reacted that way). Even though, now the bacteria is attacking the cooked food? ;D
panacea

Post by panacea »

April 18, 2016

Flavored water throughout the day
1 gulp of unflavored spring water mixed with sea salt
1 egg yolk
2 egg yolks
1 egg yolk
1 fillet of salmon with sea salt and pure ground black pepper (170g) (frozen) (wild caught, sockeye salmon with highest fat I could find) (12 g fat) (36 g protein), not the best fat to protein ratio but it's the best they have here. (pure ground pepper contains small amount of carbs, although I only used 4 dashes, so the amount is probably 1g or less)
1 kiwi (I just discovered it is a "medium" kiwi and not a "large" one) (these medium kiwis without the skin have 9g net carbs (2g is fiber)
So my total net carb intake is about ~10 g for the day. Increasing beef, yolk, and salmon intake should not increase that much more, so I think I'll be well within ketosis even after eating a kiwi, as long as I don't eat a kiwi close to eating a big protein meal. For this reason I separated the salmon and kiwi by about 3 hours.

This day was not meant to meet caloric needs or my dietary caloric goal, it was meant to inoculate myself to raw food bacteria. Raw foods were increased from previous day with no bad side effects.

@Novidez
Stomach rumbles happen in the digestive tract not actually the stomach, that's just the common term people use, it just signifies things are moving forward, but when it's loud enough to hear by bare ears, it usually means (in my opinion only) the bacterial ecosystem has changed whether that be from fasting for awhile (and allowing bacteria to try and balance themselves) or eating cooked food (and imbalancing bacteria with mostly fiber and virtually no good dietary bacteria) or raw bacteria rich food (colonizing back to a 'normal' state).
panacea

Post by panacea »

April 19, 2016

Flavored water throughout the day
1 egg yolk
4 yolk-sized amounts of raw beef
2 sips of extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed high quality)
3 egg yolks with 2 dashes of black pepper (the pepper helped with taste and smell)
1 kiwi
4 egg yolks with 3 dashes of black pepper (this time i mixed it in with a spoon and used a dark mug so that I couldn't see it as I drank it, which helped a lot)
2 egg yolks
10 walnuts

This day was not meant to meet caloric needs or my dietary caloric goal, it was meant to inoculate myself to raw food bacteria. Raw food bacteria was increased from previous day with no bad side effects.

Subjective experiences:
My mouth was bothering me all day, specifically my gums. It subsided after sleeping.
clem24

Post by clem24 »

Great information. I am considering keto at the moment. Though I have not started, but from what I have read about it, it seems healthy. The two things I need to understand more is the keto calculator and what to avoid during keto. I have not seem many people talking about these. Answers would help a beginner.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Arent the aspartame in the water kicking you out of ketosis? I have read it triggers insuline and can interfere with a ketogenic diet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, aspartame does that.
What to avoid during keto? All carbs: rice, potatoes, grains, legumes. pasta, pizza, bread etc, and also fruits.
Even consuming too much protein can push you out of keto, as most amino acids are converted into sugar-like molecules.
So, mostly fats, no carbs.