Caesarean recovery and breastfeeding on Wai

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Maia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Caesarean recovery and breastfeeding on Wai

Post by Maia »

Hi all! It was a while back, and since then I have given birth to a baby girl. I plan to feed her Wai so we have another Wai baby in our forum now! Her birth was by c-section and throughout the healing process I had to eat antibiotics several times because of infection on the scar. I had 3 day antibiotics, then two weeks, then 3 days if I remember correctly.
I think I read somewhere that if a person had antibiotics then it's necessary to be careful with raw animal food. Is that so? Is it necessary for me to wait two weeks before eating raw animal food? Or can I just eat lots of egg yolks already?

The other thing is that I am breastfeeding my child, and have been doing that since she was born, so for about 2,5 months. I want to loose some kg that I gained during the pregnancy, but I want my milk production (which luckily is very good) to stay good and not go away because of undereating too much. I plan to still breastfeed her for many more months.
What is the best way to proceed? Is there anything special I need to think about?
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
RRM
Administrator

Re: Caesarean recovery and breastfeeding on Wai

Post by RRM »

Maia wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2017 17:46 I think I read somewhere that if a person had antibiotics then it's necessary to be careful with raw animal food. Is that so?
Thats only to be 'on the safe side'.
Just start with taking one teaspoon of egg yolk daily for 3 days.
Then 2 teaspoons daily for 3 days.
Double the intake until you get plenty.
Then you are well trained and good to go.
The other thing is that I am breastfeeding my child, and have been doing that since she was born, so for about 2,5 months. I want to loose some kg that I gained during the pregnancy, but I want my milk production (which luckily is very good) to stay good and not go away because of undereating too much. I plan to still breastfeed her for many more months.
What is the best way to proceed? Is there anything special I need to think about?
Yes, you need to closely monitor your milk production.
My wife primarily fed our babies by feeding them breastmilk that she had previously extracted, using a pump.
That way you can measure exactly how much milk is produced.
A pump also prevents your nipples from getting hurt by your baby (which may present a significant problem).
When you know your milk production, you can fine tune your energy intake accordingly.
The easiest way to lose bodyfat is by reducing meals size.
Reduce your meal size to the extend that it does not negatively affect your milk production.
Its a slow process that requires a methodological approach.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Our daughter is now 4,5 months and I would like to introduce egg yolk to her, one drop at a time.
Her father is not a Wai dieter and is worried about the raw egg yolk. He is worried that the eggs from the supermarket are not good enough quality for a small baby. He has read on the internet about the egg scandal in Europe. Here is a link: https://www.google.dk/amp/s/amp.theguar ... -countries

Also, he is worried about salmonella. Although he knows the risk is very small, is the risk smaller in eggs that are from a farmer than in the supermarket eggs?

He wants our daughter to be safe and thinks that many things that are fine to eat for her later might not be safe now that she is so small. Is it really safe to give egg yolk to such small babies?
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Regarding loosing weight and breastfeeding: you will likely not need to purposefully reduce intake, just let the baby eat those extra kilos off you! My girlfriend gained quite a bit of weight with both pur kids, but it all came off when she was breastfeeding, without her ever reducing calorie intake. Give it some time :)

I fed my kids raw yolks since the where only a couple of months old. They have extra immune protection from the breast milk. It is anecdotal, I know, but they never had any issues.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maia wrote: Sat 30 Sep 2017 18:13 Also, he is worried about salmonella.
There is no risk if you expose her to single drops first.
The defense of a newborn child rapidly adapts.
All 4 of my children were exposed to egg yolks since the age of 3 months old.
is the risk smaller in eggs that are from a farmer than in the supermarket eggs?
No, supermarkets generally practise better controls/checks.Particularly the high end supermarkets
He wants our daughter to be safe
Then he needs to train your daughters defense, so that she is better equiped.
Is he also against vaccinations?
If not, then explain to him that its like vaccination; exposure to small amounts to train her defense.
Is it really safe to give egg yolk to such small babies?
If i had even the slightest of doubts, do you think i would expose my 4 children?