SUs Diet Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
su-si
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

SUs Diet Diary

Post by su-si »

Hello, I am new to the forum and wanted to write down what I am eating to make sure nothing is wrong, so this is my day two of the diet, yesturday was my first day and this is what I ate;

-4 kiwis
-about 2 cups of cherries
-some raw salmon (this was just from the supermarket, but I found a fish place close to the university where I live so I am going to check it out tomorrow for some good stuff)
-some blueberries
-some almonds (shelled myself, i know its not the best choice but im a little limited with my nut choice here :roll: )

I know that my fat intake was probably not the best yesturday and the hardest part was trying to eat fat with all of my fruit (and I think this will become even more of a problem tomorrow when I am at work from 8-4, I will need to figure out what to do about work food) The problem is I dont think nuts agree with me too much, I can only find unshelled hazelnuts, pecans and almonds where I live, I know brazil nuts are supposed to make up a good bit of the fat intake but I cant foind them. I am going to a health food store today so possibly I will find some more options. Avocados are alright, but I can only stand to eat maybe 1/8th of it at a time so its hard to carry with me. My diet so far today:

-1 apple
-1 cup cherries
-some of the tomato and cucumber salad with chives and olive oil

I think my best option is to eat a bit of the salad after all my fruits, so that is what I am doing today. A question though, how much olive oil to use? I am really questioning my quantitys. I cut up two tomatoes and half a cucumber and put about 3 tablespoons of oil over it. I have just been eating a few pieces of the salads after each fruit, is this enough to stabalize my sugar intake? I think I am struggling to reverse my known knowledge, I have always eaten really low fat, lots of grains thinking this was the best for me,
Anways any advice would be very welcome, especially with quantitys, I am on this diet for minor acne, (and weight loss would be welcome although I am not over weight) I am 5'4'' and about 130 pounds if this helps
nick

Re: SUs Diet Diary

Post by nick »

su-si wrote: -4 kiwis
-about 2 cups of cherries
-some raw salmon (this was just from the supermarket, but I found a fish place close to the university where I live so I am going to check it out tomorrow for some good stuff)
-some blueberries
-some almonds (shelled myself, i know its not the best choice but im a little limited with my nut choice here :roll: )
You are not eating enough!
You should submit your daily diet to the nutrition calculator and see how your diet satisfies the requirements.

Remember to ask if the salmon is frozen before they sell it.
Are they almonds raw? Have they been heated? If they are heated this can cause spots. Being shelled is a good sign that they are raw.
I know that my fat intake was probably not the best yesturday and the hardest part was trying to eat fat with all of my fruit (and I think this will become even more of a problem tomorrow when I am at work from 8-4, I will need to figure out what to do about work food)
One simply way to make the diet work for people who can't eat throughout work is to juice fruit. Orange juice, apple juice or whatever fruit is around can be juiced and then you can add oil to it and just sip from it when you feel hungry.
The problem is I dont think nuts agree with me too much, I can only find unshelled hazelnuts, pecans and almonds where I live, I know brazil nuts are supposed to make up a good bit of the fat intake but I cant foind them.
Those nuts contain enough fat for your intake.
http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/3/carbs-fat.htm
For some, maybe the nuts aren't the best for you now.
If you follow with sufficient oil and eat yolks or fish, you'll be fine.
Avocadoes are great too.
Avocados are alright, but I can only stand to eat maybe 1/8th of it at a time so its hard to carry with me.
You could eat an avocado with a tomato which balance each other perfectly. Or eat with the tomato-cucumber salad.

-1 apple
-1 cup cherries
-some of the tomato and cucumber salad with chives and olive oil
Have you tried adding yolks?
You still need to eat more in order to ingest enough energy and nutrients.
Don't worry though, this is one of the first mistakes people make on this diet and the easiest to figure out and fix.
I think my best option is to eat a bit of the salad after all my fruits, so that is what I am doing today. A question though, how much olive oil to use?
You can do that but it is easier, depending on your job and if your away from your house, to add olive oil to your juice or fruit salad or take a swig of some oil after eating some fruit.

For every 2 grams of sugar you need 1 gram of fat in order to keep the sugar level stable. So submit to the nutrient calculator what you eat and then find out how oil you'll need.
I am really questioning my quantitys. I cut up two tomatoes and half a cucumber and put about 3 tablespoons of oil over it. I have just been eating a few pieces of the salads after each fruit, is this enough to stabalize my sugar intake?
That sounds perfect.
I think I am struggling to reverse my known knowledge, I have always eaten really low fat, lots of grains thinking this was the best for me,
Anways any advice would be very welcome, especially with quantitys, I am on this diet for minor acne, (and weight loss would be welcome although I am not over weight) I am 5'4'' and about 130 pounds if this helps
This is a good diet for those problems.
Best of luck and keep us updated!
Agent

Post by Agent »

I can't imagine trying to survive on that little food..?

Just some suggestions...

I normally have this for breakfast which keeps me going for a good while:

1 avacado spooned out into bowl with 2 chopped tomatoes, some chopped cucumber, small splash of olive oil and large splash of cider vinegar.

Very tasty.

For lunch or snack (only if at home, would get some weird looks):

2 mashed bananas with coconut oil and/or olive oil twice a day, one of which I mix with 3/4 egg yolks followed by 1.5 hours rest period.

At some point in the day I'll juice together kiwis, grapes, apples, maybe some pineapple, strawberries and mix with white sugar. It is not neccesarry to juice them, I just think I'm sensitive to fibre :roll:

I also juice 1 litre's worth of oranges and I mix this with table sugar too.

All juice can be sipped when needed.

All of the above (and olive oil) provides me with sufficient energy and nutrients each day :D
su-si

Post by su-si »

Day 5 and frustrated....
thanks for your replies, I will take what you guys said into consideration, but about eating amounts...i cant possibly increase it! I have no appetite on this diet! Dont, get me wrong, I'm not underweight or anything, because I had a very, as one would say "healthy" appetite on regular foods, but I am finding it so hard not only to eat the right amounts but also to chase the fruits with fats everytime. I understand the problem with sugar levels and the need for fat to stabalize this but it feels can I say 'wrong' to eat fat after the fruit. But in regards to acne, is it more the dirty proteins in cooked food that is the culprit or is the sugar stabalizing just as important? I am asking this just becasue I have been reading alot about raw food diets and many have said that their skin has cleared up just by going all raw. For me, its not that hard to eat raw and the identified foods, its more the constant thinking about the combinations and having to eat all day (although I am sure that it has become a habit for most of you people on this board)
An inquiry: lets say when I woke up in the morning I didnt eat anything until dinner time. This takes away the problem of spiking and dropping sugar levels throughout the day as well as not being ingesting any dirty proteins. Is this very bad? (I am sure you are going to tell me yes :D )
I just find it so much simpler and easier to concentrate at work without having ingested anything.
I guess I cant really say that it is my day 5, becasue although I have been eating the right foods, my combinations and method dosnt follow the wai principles.
Skin got pretty bad around day 3 and now it is pretty much the same as always....
anyways would be happy to hear any feedback....
thanks!
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Hi Su-Si,

Remember cooked foods have apetite enhancers and therefore make you want to eat more. Fruits don't. You need to remind/force a bit yourself to eat. THis is normal. I had the same problem in the beginning eating enough. Juicing helps like others have suggested. I think it is also getting used to an increased energy level! I never expected/knew I had so much energy...until I forced my self to eat small meals and juice!

I don't know how you feel better when not ingesting anything until evening.:shock:
Don't you feel faint? DO you drink water then?
In your case I really think drinking juices will do it.
Try it and let us know. :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Agent,

Why do you mix sugar with your juice? If you need more calories why not just have a little more juice? I know this is part of the wai diet, but I just wanted to hear a from someone who does it.

I guess I struggle with asccepting added sugar in my diet. I see it as empty calories that could just as easily be replaced with something that offers more than just calories.
Agent

Post by Agent »

johndela1 wrote:Agent,

Why do you mix sugar with your juice? If you need more calories why not just have a little more juice? I know this is part of the wai diet, but I just wanted to hear a from someone who does it.

I guess I struggle with asccepting added sugar in my diet. I see it as empty calories that could just as easily be replaced with something that offers more than just calories.
Quite simply cheap calories. I'm underweight, always have been. I can't afford to buy more and more fruit so it's easier to add sugar. I use 2KG of oranges a day and that's already a pain in the arse buying so many at a time. I don't think I need any more nutrients anyway.

Hope this answers your question.