L's Diet Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
wuzarnold
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

L's Diet Diary

Post by wuzarnold »

First full day of diet:

1 cucumber/1 tomato/1 TBSP Olive Oil/1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
2 cups watermelon
1 apple
2 squares Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate (can't find milk-free choc)
1/2 cup blueberries with cream
1 banana
1 Avocado with TBSP raw egg yolk

Unfortunately I just read that I won't be able to have any more munch foods since I want to get rid of cellulite (only 1/2 oz protein daily allowed from munch foods if on diet for cellulite reduction). Are there any cellulite success stories out there? I need to know this works, and prox how long it could take, realizing of course I can't go back to my old ways.
Agent

Re: L's Diet Diary

Post by Agent »

wuzarnold wrote:First full day of diet:

1 cucumber/1 tomato/1 TBSP Olive Oil/1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
2 cups watermelon
1 apple
2 squares Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate (can't find milk-free choc)
1/2 cup blueberries with cream
1 banana
1 Avocado with TBSP raw egg yolk

Unfortunately I just read that I won't be able to have any more munch foods since I want to get rid of cellulite (only 1/2 oz protein daily allowed from munch foods if on diet for cellulite reduction). Are there any cellulite success stories out there? I need to know this works, and prox how long it could take, realizing of course I can't go back to my old ways.
Just my thoughts off the top of my head... To me that doesn't seem like very much food.

Personally, I would mix avocado with tomato and cucumber. Although 1 cucumber and 1 tomato? Surely you had much more cucumber than tomato?? Why not 2 or 3 tomatoes and 1/2 cucumber, or something.

Bananas (I use 2 medium-large) go well with egg yolk and decent splash of olive oil.

I assume you intend on upping the amount of egg yolk you consume?

Would strawberries with cream not be a tastier alternative to blueberries?

Here is (roughly) what I eat in the average day. I still feel hungry a lot of the time and I am underweight for my height (almost 6ft 5)

1 large avocado
2 or 3 medium tomatoes
Aprox. 1/4 large cucumber
Cider Vinegar
1 Litre Fresh raw orange juice
3-5 Raw egg yolks
2-4 medium bananas
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
Aprox. 2 teaspoons coconut oil

At least one of the following:
1 or 2 Apples
1 or 2 Kiwis
Some Grapes
Some Pineapple

Aprox. 100 calories worth of sucrose
Most days: 300-500 calories (<15g protein) worth of munch food.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Agent is right, it doesn't seem enough food. This is a mistake more people make (myself included), like I explained in your other thread. It's something which does take getting used to.

Aim for 1 piece of fruit (and oil) per 60-90 mins or so.

I eat per day:
2 bananas
1 apple
2 pears
10-15 oranges (juiced) = 1 liter OJ
6 tsp sugar
1/2 avocado
2 cherry tomatoes
100gr fish or 4 egg yolks
4.5 tbsp olive oil
wuzarnold

Post by wuzarnold »

Thanks for the input Agent & Oscar. I'm still not thrilled about the raw egg, so I'm starting off slow as suggested in the diet. Can't find fresh raw fish in my town so I'll have to rely on the eggs. I'm just coming off a restrictive calorie diet so I'm used to not eating alot, but will add more fruits (and juices when my juicer arrives).

Oscar, I found a website called nutritiondata.com and I entered my diet and your diet to compare. Here are the results.

Calories: Me=1028/You=1933
Total Fat: 69g/96g
Saturated Fat: 12g/17g
Cholesterol: 198mg/839mg!! (This seems high - does it matter?)
Sodium: 185mg/60mg
Total Carbs: 105g/265g
Fiber: 23g/26g
Sugars: 56g/186g
Protein: 15g/24g
Vitamin A: 41%/74%
Vitamin C: 126%/961%
Calcium: 9%/26%
Iron: 21%/35%

Other Info some of which I don't understand:
Caloric Ratio: Me=37% carbs/58% Fats/5% Protein
Caloric Ratio: You=52% Carbs/43% Fats/5% Protein
Amino Acid Score: 74/100
Estimated Glycemic Load: 34/122
Inflamation Factor:-15/-386 (It says a negative # inidcates that the food contains known inflammatory nutrients...)

It goes into much more detail on other vitamins/minerals/amino acids etc, etc. I just wanted to have something to compare my diet with.

Site claims to update info, and says it's gets most info from USDA... blah, blah, blah...but who can you really believe anymore??

I just want to be careful about what I'm doing because I have a heart condition (congenital heart defect) and I don't want to damage it further. My grandfather dropped dead at 60, and my mom (66) has had congestive heart failure for 10 years. I'd like to prolong the inevitable if possible :) .
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Starting slowly with the egg yolk is good. Your body has to get used to the amount of bacteria.

Interesting! The numbers are an indication. As RRM told me, the daily recommended values are far more than we would probably need.
I can tell you entered the days I eat egg yolks, so the cholesterol value is high. Raw cholesterol is healthy and we need it. Only when heated does it become an issue. Since we don't need that much calcium, but general opinion is that we do, our values will always be on the low side.

Amino acid score means the percentage you get from the essential amino acids. I'd ignore the glycemic load and the inflammation factor.

You notice that you relatively need more carbs, and absolutely need more calories. As you will adjust, consume more calories, more egg yolks, the numbers should change (obviously). Keep us informed. :)

What exactly is the heart defect you have?
wuzarnold

Post by wuzarnold »

Hi Oscar,

Thought you'd find that interesting.

My heart condition is called IHSS (Ideopathic Hypertrophic Septal Stenosis), a form of Cardiomyopathy. It's a thickening of the septum which intrudes into the chamber of the heart that pumps blood out of the heart, requiring my heart to work harder to distribute the blood throughout the body. I have been taking Inderal since I was 20 (42 now). Although lately I've been reading about the benefits of Coenzyme Q10 which have been used successfully in other countries for years (know anything about that?). Mostly I feel tired all the time (on or off the meds), out of breath often, and there is an increased risk of sudden death. Good reminder to live in the present.

So ... I'll keep on the diet, see how I'm feeling and add more calories until I reach a sensible number. I'll be adding nuts soon (had to mail order them), and juicing too, that should help.

:)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah, interesting. I read a bit about IHSS and Inderal, so I understand a bit more what it's about. Inderal is a drug in the category of beta-blockers, meant to calm the heart down. Once you get your diet more or less stable (in a few months or so), you could - I have to be careful here - think about trying to take less medication, or even do without. By that time the body might be able to adjust for your condition. If possible under supervision of a doctor (with an open mind).

Coenzyme Q10 is found in cell membranes and mitochondria, and is synthesized by the body. The production of it is partly shared with the production of cholesterol. Apparently it's mostly found in red and organ meat.

I think there is a good possibility that you will do fine on the diet alone, without extra Q10 or any medication. We basically see supplements unnecessary, as all the nutrients we need are/should be in the food we consume.

BTW, we're the same age. :)