claire's journey

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Brazilnuts
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Brazilnuts »

Hello, I just found your diet diary (thanks for your kind comment on my diet diary).

Have you considered using avocado oil in place of olive oil? It has no fibre, unlike the whole avocado. This is the brand I use:

http://www.olivado.com/avocadooil.htm

:)
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

hi all, an update... i've found out exactly what's gone wrong with my digestive system, still not quite sure how to get it right again. but my food problems stem from long term giardiasis that let to disaccharide intolerance (so not just lactose) plus i have histamine intolerance. i worked with a dietician to really test this out - exactly which foods caused what. anyway been feeling pretty good after avoiding all disaccharides and histamine containing foods.

interestingly enough, i discovered that histamines really cause a lot of swelling in me. if i have just a tad of a food containing them my fingers and lymph nodes swell up. i wonder if i have swelling on the inside too, which leads to trouble keeping food down.

right now my diet is whole fruits when i feel like it and raw salmon (about 150g per serving) 2-3x a week. my skin is great, wrinkles are less and i feel pretty good :) i exercise daily: pliates, yoga, cycling (pretty slow). i really would like to be sure that the infection is completely cleared and no more damage is being done to my intestines.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

thnx for the tip brazilnuts :) turns out that avocado is high in histamines so that's why it was problematic - not b/c of fat or fiber...
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

claireelis wrote:been feeling pretty good after avoiding all disaccharides and histamine containing foods
That's great news! I'm happy for you.

:)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear Claire :)