claire's journey

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
claireelis
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by claireelis »

Christina thx for your message the other day! because of it I decided not to water fast - which was a pretty stupid plan but I was feeling rather desperate. You really helped me out there.

I have been drinking only juices (apple/OJ/cucumber 4 liters - spread throughout the day w/out oil) and consuming 3 egg yolks a day for the past 3 days. RRM this isn't still considered fasting I hope?

I did this because I kept throwing up unless I took stomach motility medication (2x 60mg domperidon suppository daily). The medication (or maybe something else?) caused abdominal bloating, constipation and cramps, which I felt were even worse than throwing up. But in order to get rid of both i gave up trying to be able to consume 'food' for now.

I really don't want to go into a binging mode!!!!! I think I have been so prone to binging because I threw up 75% of what I ate (without medication then). I also felt quite tired and 'depressed'. But, its also possibly a personality thing - I have trouble doing things in moderation.

I am planning on consuming fruit again in a couple of days - fruit usually goes well after my digestive system has calmed down, but I felt like I first needed a break (from the fiber?). This is also based on the fact that when i drink the fibery froth of my juice I also threw up that part yesterday and the day before. This is now the third day and I was able to work fulltime today - which was great and really important to me.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

So far today i've had juice with oil and two pieces of sharon fruit (no meds!). The intense hunger and continually wanting to eat/drink I usually feel just left me this afternoon. Its a nice feeling!

When I feel hungry again later on I plan on having some bananas with dates and oil and/or yolks (not all at once of course).
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Claireelis
Let us know how it goes.
:)
Christina
Christina

Post by Christina »

Oh my g..sh
you just posted the same second, I did :o

If you eat banana etc. try to just have one at a time with two yolks and weight at least 30 before you allow yourself more. So that you won't fall into overeating. That's what I would do.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

haha, fun to be online at the same time :) we should chat sometime christina!

the past two days went pretty well i had juices, fruits and yolks:
8 am - 4 pm juices (bring 1.5 L to work), fruit whenever i feel like it
4 pm - 5 pm walk/shop outside in sun
5 pm - 7 pm fruit & vegetable fruits (e.g. tomato, cucumber, lettuce, sundried tomatoes, apples, mangos)
9 pm egg yolks (4 or 5)
11 pm go to sleep

plus points:
+ no cravings or binging :)
+ far less throwing up -> which was the goal
min points:
- sleeplessness -> couldn't fall asleep woke up in the middle of the night b/c of rumbling intestines and indigestion
- sick to my stomach past 2 mornings (no definitely not pregnant) when i have a piece of fruit or juice in the morning i get stomach pain and indigestion. i end up throwing up once and then feel fine an hour later and can drink/eat
- a lot of bloating - swollen sensitive abdomen
- water retention - puffy eyes, swollen fingers

? could this be caused by a combination of fiber and yolks? i wait with the yolks and hour after my last fruits, but maybe my stomach isn't empty yet. then when i eat the yolks they get mixed together? or maybe its dried fruit (i put dates or raisins in smoothies with other fruits) and i use sundried tomatoes with the vegetable fruits
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think your ideas are good. Could be either or both. An hour should be enough, but maybe you need more time. Dried fruits are (relatively) more fibrous, so maybe you'd want to eat less or none at all.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

ugh - my diets been all over the place again after having another sick spell. its so hard to get back on track then - but i am doing my best. i have some annoying tests at the hospital this coming monday - one of which is to consume some food and see what happens. after that i plan on giving all the tests a rest and just try to do it on my own for a few months - the invasive tests and injections seem to make matters worse - i am sure the stomach was not made to hold a camera ;) i'll post again after i've gotten back on track :)
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Claire
Do you really think that medical doctors will help. They usually either cut some part of the body out, like the gallbladder which impairs the body's functions or give you some pills which cover up the symptoms.
I hope you can just find a mild and healthy plan that'll heal you from inside out.
Christina
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

christina, thnx for your msg :) i certainly don't want another operation or only symptom relief medication. i do want to heal by living and eating healthily. however, i do think that the traditional medical approach can help me determine what is (not) causing my health problems - which are unmanageable and I have been unable solve/heal on my own - plus its covered by insurance and I have wasted a lot of money on alternative approaches.

i do have good news though :) i think I have built up my tolerence for oils by sipping them often :) i think now is a good time to give juices w/oil and yolks a good try. so starting tommorrow I have 12 days before my next test... i'll post with how it goes :)
Christina

Post by Christina »

Sounds good Claire. Yes the medical doctors come in handy to find out what's going on and then heal it yourself. I also agree that it can be insane to just go to a million natureopaths and try supplements etc. . Mostly, such a waist of money. I believe in the more simple, the better. And disease is caused by the intake of sth. offending the body. You need to get rid of the offender and the body heals itself. Our bodies are so powerful and the greatest healer,plus for free. 8)
claireelis

update

Post by claireelis »

my main reason for doing the wai diet is for health. i would like to lose a little weight and have perfectly clear skin, but these concerns are secondary. i really think the research done by wai and rrm is of good quality and believe the foods in the sample diet are best for me. nayway so here's an update on my situation.
----
i had lots of tests done and now know what's going on:
(1) had giardiasis (protozoa infection from bad water) probably for a number of years, but it became more and more taxing for my immune system and the way they attach to the intestinal wall prevents good digestion and absorption.
i did 2 rounds of antibiotics for this and according to 1 test they're finally gone! the other test result i get on wednesday
(2) have idiopathic gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying) and most likely due to nerve damage from pylorus stenose operation as baby (same problem of stomach emptying, but i was operated on to open up the path from the stomach to the intestines), which according to a neurologist can't be repaired.
this means that things that slow stomach emptying like fats and fiber often make food stay in my stomach to long and then instead of going down it comes back up - this sometimes even happens with juices.
----
naturopath MD (he's both) says i have giardiasis, have had typhoid fever (i was deathly ill once in the tropics, maybe the cause) and there's a 'blockage' near my scar on my belly from the pylorus stenose operation as a baby. giardiasis both traditional and alternative medical ppl agree on. the blockage corresponds to what the neurologist said.
----
due to amenorrhea i did a progesterone challenge in november. i menstruated twice since (once after 1st antibiotic and once after third iscador injection)
----
i am currently taking iscador (plant extract) injections for hypothyroidism, 2 more to go and then i will stop. the hypothyroidism had apparrently led to inexplicable weight gain (as i wasn't keeping much down). although now (2.5 weeks after first injection) after a few injections i'm almost back to normal.
i think a lot of it was water retention from infection and bad digestion.
----
diet right now (past 6 days):
* juices without oil
* occasional juices with oil

order in which i'll add things to my current diet:
(1) yolks
(2) smoothies
(3) whole fruits (but not fibery ones like apples)

i love eating avocado and sashimi, but i tend to have trouble with both :( so i'm avoiding it for now.

i think i just have to ride the next month out - all the little problems i have are probably a result of all the medication i've taken - so it's just going to take a while to normalize.

the past couple of days i've felt excellent and been for plenty of long walks :) i had an off day today - intestinal pain last night that kept me from sleeping and then tired all day plus i couldn't keep much down. i always get really hungry on days like this and want really filling fatty things - e.g. *lots* of bananas with olive oil - but eating always makes things worse and then i stay sick for days, so i'm glad i managed to stick to my juices :)
and tomorrow's another day and i should feel a lot better after a bit of rest
----
http://juicyhealing.blogspot.com [/b]
CY

Post by CY »

My, you are a trooper! Way to go!

Thanks for posting this. I don't have time to add a response more than this tonight, though, so I'll see if I can touch back later (tomorrow, hopefully).

For now I'd like to wish you good luck with your diet, and with it you probably are on the best path to health!
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

updates from doctor today:
* parasitic infections are gone :)
* currently intestines are very spastic, this may also be causing throwing up
* will take a year for digestive systems to heal
* food intolerences: ALL nuts, except cashews :( AND ORANGES!!!! (this explains not being able to keep juices down all the time - i had asked for the test b/c a noticed a correlation with OJ consumption and juices not staying down)

treatment update:
* take iberogast 3x daily to help heal intestines
* take iscador to help with metabolism and producing enough body heat (i'm an iscicle)
* dietary advice: very low fiber (aka liquid) diet, increased need for protein (doc suggested goat's milk yoghurt or chicken soup)

obviously i'll continue with juices, but drop the OJ. not sure what to do about protein. i don't really get anything other than fruit and fat in at the moment. maybe i should try sashimi again, now without sipping OJ maybe it will go well.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Avocado is relatively fibrous, just so you know.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

thanks. yes i'm noticing that avocados don't go well :( but it could be the fiber content rather than the fat - but fats are also hard - pffff - i'll seriously be glad to keep food down (like it's supposed to be!!!). right now my best things are juices (alas no oil - just doesn't stay down) and carrot or potato soup (i know not wai, but they generally stay down)