confused and a little paranoid

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by avalon »

RRM wrote:
But we all have physical limitations. And since we are different, so are our limitations, and thus talents.
Physical differences such as height are not mental, of course, but they do co-determine your 'talent' for certain sports.
If your parents even let you play sports. If you get a chance to explore your options. Put several tall kids in different rooms with different career choices with different role models, they may all turn out Business men.

It begins with desire and a dream.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hearing, like seeing, is for a big part mental. Aside from physical damage to the ears, the hearing itself is an interpretation of the signal. The senses are like signal receivers, the brain does all the interpretation of those signals.

In the 70s there was a dutch basketball player called Jan Dekker. He played in the Dutch National team at the highest level here. He was 1.60m (5'3").

I'd say that both physical and mental aspects play a role, but to what extent is difficult to say. I bet someone could fill a lifetime studying this... ;)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Where do you draw the line? Some people have a more steady hand and a higher degree of fine motor control. If these are skills that are needed to do something, you wouldn't call a person with more stediness more talented ? Having more quick twitch fibers will allow you to jump higher. If jumping high is key to something, wouldn't you say it is part of talent?

My definition of talent is natural ability and I think many factors go into this.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

johndela1 wrote:Where do you draw the line?
Well that's the key question. And I think we cannot draw a line yet, because we do not know enough of the human body or psyche.

There used to be a positivism guru here, who trained ordinary people to believe in themselves, and as a test walk on burning coals. So are those people more talented than others? Do they have fireproof skin? A natural ability to walk on fire?

Like the "Genetic is a lie" article is arguing that most common diseases are not genetic but diet related, one can also wonder how much talent is genetic. Maybe talent is also influenced by diet?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I think we can draw a line as long as for the purpose of the discussion we agree on it.

If we could find a diet that would make me a better musician (or what ever talent is desired) that would be great. I never really considered that before.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Actually I think the Wai Diet has made playing my instrument easier for me, so that's a start.
nick

Post by nick »

The diet can help with your ability to stay focused and give you energy, or clear out those toxins that inhibit a fuller range of feeling, sensation and emotion. I'm sure their are other things that help but diet is indirectly related.

Talent is the tendency to the correct thing.
People born with natural talent have the tendency and innate 'vision' on how to do something well and improve at it. Few understand how to verbalize or communicate this, but most who have it just do it like it is drinking water.

Learning or knowing or even knowing a master teacher who knows is the key and if you don't know then you need to go study with a master teacher.
avalon

Post by avalon »

john wrote:
I think we can draw a line as long as for the purpose of the discussion we agree on it.
Ah, but what kind of line, and do you need the talent to draw it heh heh :roll:

Oscar:
Actually I think the Wai Diet has made playing my instrument easier for me, so that's a start.
It's always about sex with you isn't it :twisted:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:It's always about sex with you isn't it :twisted:
Yeah, I guess this diet brings out the Homo Erectus in me... ;)
jfk

Post by jfk »

Oscar wrote:
avalon wrote:It's always about sex with you isn't it :twisted:
Yeah, I guess this diet brings out the Homo Erectus in me... ;)
LOL :lol: