ADHD experiment

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
sabie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

ADHD experiment

Post by sabie »

Hi, I'm happy tp read your posts regarding your minds clearing and feeling better mentally. I've been on medication for ADHD now for 8 months, 5 of it on a drug that works (as much as you can expect), but it's potency decreases over time and I don't want to keep upping it plus just being on meds is negative is so many ways, you are dependant then, what happens if you lose or change jobs and have no coverage? Ths stuff costs a kings ransom. I have had this since a kid and never knew up until a couple of years ago. I don't care about the name ADHD or whether the brain chemistry is altered by genetics then food or by birth trauma or whatever at this point. I believe that by doing Wai's diet I will be doing a process of elimination whereby I hope to see how good I feel by following this and will hopefully be able to ditch the meds and at least lower the dose to start. I've always had food allegies and problems w/eating so I'm reading this site and looking for info and inspiration. Can't go on the way I have been. Thanks for sharing your experiences. S
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hi Sabie, and welcome on the forum. :)

Good luck with the diet change, and keep us posted on how it's going.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

Hi Sabie,

You have come to the right place.

I would do the 100% sample for few weeks, until you are very stable in the way you feel...

Then, in case you feel you cannot stop the medicaments... try experimenting with raw butter and honey.
Pay close attention to Fat consumption - you might find that this is of specially great help in your case...Fats are very different from eachother and in the short term have different influences on your body...
Simply mix raw (unsalted) butter with raw honey.
Eat it daily...
It can help you during the transformation.
Eventually, you should leave the butter out (and the medicaments of course!!).

There is no way to be healthy and trust your health if you are eating medicaments.

Once you are eating clean there you will be gradually treating your health (not your disease).

You are on your own, but that is also your strength - you are independent and have everything you need to recover your health.

Cheers

Gavi.
sabie

Post by sabie »

Gavriel, I don't know about the butter. I have to admit to an aversion I have developed over the past years, especially regarding animal products and all the hormones they stuff into animals. Is the olive oil not equal to this or is it that there is a totally different reaction? I am getting used to the olive oil and can drink as much of that as I need. Sorry, I've been reading all over the place but which sample diet do you mean? And, I already took myself off one med on my own but I will work with my doc on the other and hopefully can get off that one in the near future.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

Sample Diet

is the name Wai gave to the strict (100%) first two weeks on her diet.
I mean, when people where starting her diet she would demand 100% strict diet for two weeks before possily introducing munch food.

I use this term (Sample Diet) when talking about optimal nutrition.

In my case, I never wanted to experiment with munch food and stayed on the 'sample diet' for 4 years...

Gavriel.
sabie

Post by sabie »

yes, sorry, it was the frames! I never use frames and didn't even look at the scroll. So, now I am doing the sample. Need a juice extractor though.
sabie

Post by sabie »

Hi Gavriel, you know I just read somewhere else (besides the old forums) about butter. I think my aversion is to "fat" cooking. Over the past years I even stopped baking very much because of it. Walking by the crepe shop downtown makes me gag. But, why is something from animals so good for us? I'm questioning the motives of the big guy. I can see for people who live in places like the NWT but here in Hollywooodwannabe North? Why isn' t there another food that equally matches that? I mean, hunters and gatherers, what the heck..time to read Guns Germs and Steel...

http://www.eco-action.org/dt/affluent.html

here we go..this is a fascinating article with lots about eating patterns (I've read about a third and scanned the rest) I guess I'll have to do some reading and bone up on my archeology in order to understand why nature wants us to eat animal products. As for honey, all I've read for years is how bad it is for you, what a world.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hi Sabie,

I took ritalin for 6 months and my performance sky-rocketed. Really, it was night and day. I was already a young adult, and my piano teacher was the one that suggested me to consult for ADHD (when I was a kid, I was hyperactive). It was very euphoric and addictive at the same time, and I had the same problem as you: I started with 5 mg, and I stopped with 20 mg: it was kind of the wake-up call, and I didn't want to increase the intake forever. Fourfold increase in 6 months is a lot.

Ritalin gave me the maturity that I never developped before. It helped me to see things clearly, and gave me the security and confidance to move on without the drug. 8 years have gone by, and I've only recently thrown away my bottle of leftover ritalin. I know how debilitating ADHD can be.

I'm hoping to eliminate the dietary causes of ADHD. Are things going to be easy? I don't think so. Is there hope? There always is.

BTW, if it's not too indiscreet, when you don't take the drug, can you manage? Are you just unproductive? I tried to group everything that I had to do together, and just took it once in a day. The potency of ritalin lasts 4 hours; I took lots of other drugs, but ritalin was the one that worked the best for me. Start by taking it only when you REALLY need it, like to finish up a project where you really to concentrate, and try to get by the rest of the day without.