Good days & Bad days

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
mario91
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Good days & Bad days

Post by mario91 »

Panacea:
I doubt going shirtless in 30ºF (-1Cº) weather is any good for anyone.
But ok, I don't wanna discuss that with you now. That wasn't the point. It was just an illustration, and I'm sure you know what I meant...!

About being humble, sorry but that was not what I meant by being humble.
I meant: being humble = being conscious of your own ignorance. I hate the cynicism-humbleness that you refer, too. My Portuguese teacher used to say: modesty is a fake form of humbleness. Modest is like the writer that is told "oh, you write so well..." and he responds "oh, no, I don't..." just to show he's modest. But the humble I refer to is something you don't need to prove to anyone.

About my grandma: stress machine, haha that made me laugh :D
I agree with that philosophy but fortunelly I'm not even a bit stressed. I have some above-average skills of stress management, but I'm still human, so I can't help feeling sad. It's a sacrifice that I wanna do for her, to give her the pleasure of spending what might be her last days in the company of one of the few persons she has and loves.

Overkees:
I'm sorry, but those former Yaghan people are the dumbest people I ever heard of, big lol!
Men has wore clothes since pre-history! I'm sure they went through a lot of.... cold. :D Unnecessarily.
Oh, and this might even have led to health problems. Human body is just not ready for such temperatures. I seriously doubt they were a healthy people (specially in the brain haha).

But I get what you're saying, quitting with the bullshit is good, and I've done it too, but you gotta know the frontier between what's bullshit and what's not. Walking barefoot in the house and on sunny days seems perfectly ok to me, although I don't do it, simply cause I don't like it. All the other ones you mentioned I already do. But don't think all that we invent is bad... You just gotta trim between good/genius inventions (ex: vocabulary, houses, toilet paper, internet, (traditional) agriculture, CLOTHES, etc) and the recently increasing greed-generated scams (junk food, street drugs, 50€-chemical-cocktail-parfum, pesticides, Rihanna, etc).
panacea

Post by panacea »

when you are healthy and breathe less per minute, your internal co2 is much higher, your blood vessels are dilated providing much more warmth, and childrens metabolisms are much higher than adults which gives them even more warmth. also, healthy outdoor people tend to have more muscle mass than average westerners which also gives more warmth, and so they would do perfectly fine in that kind of weather, and yes, cold temperatures have been shown to have many health benefits for healthy people because it suppresses the breathing centre(not sick people though because they cannot handle it).

just because people in the past had clothes, does not mean they covered most of their body in them in cool weather. there is no evidence suggesting this or otherwise. of course there are temperatures too cold for going shirtless, but it's much lower than what most caring mothers estimate for their children, which is the problem. one of the most evident practices of this is actually with infants, if you've ever seen an infant in a stroller in wal-mart who is also in a infant pajama suit covering everything but their feet, hands, and front of their face, then they have socks over their feet, it's ridiculous. this is torture for that baby as it's about 72 degrees in most wal-marts and the baby would feel warm with absolutely no clothing on in that climate, as their metabolism is extremely high. no wonder they cry a lot until you pick them up and move them using the air movement to help cool them off. babies also shouldnt have such smelly odors from pooping and other things either because of modern ignorance in parenting, like I said it's a constant of our time.

I just want to point out though that for young infants a stroller with minimal amount of opening is a very good idea because it's almost like forcing the baby to breathe in a brown paper bag - babies need higher co2 atmosphere than adults and children, so the ideal situation is to give them this while also having cool enough temperatures for them
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

Ever heard of elimination communication (EC), panacea? Newborn babies can and do communicate when they need to go pee or poop. Its mostly a lost art in modern parenting societies, but tuning in to that was what all traditional parents used to do. Much easier and quicker without the clothes for sure!

Different countries/cultures still have varying ideas about weather/clothing. Central Americans put towels over their heads when it rains, if they don't have a hat or umbrella. They'll even take off their shirts to keep their heads dry. Norwegian moms (that I've seen) send their kids out in the cold rain to "toughen up." There are stories of Indian yogis in the himalayas who submerge themselves in icy streams, and I'm sure they are masters of breath control... I look forward to getting a little closer to that kind of health!

I'm thankful too for great inventing minds! I've tried barefoot walking and love it under the right conditions, but most urban places have just too much broken glass/garbage/grime/dog poo. And, I'd add laundry machines to the list. The simplicity of hand washing clothes is great, but for a family of 4 who wants fresh clothes, sheets and towels too?

Mario, lots of life choices come with compromises, but making the best choice won't leave you with any regrets. Glad you're staying out of stress and turning the tough days into good days!
panacea

Post by panacea »

Yes, and even carefully monitored and controlled hyperthermia has been shown as an effective cancer treatment for some cancers.
Of course, just like with ozone cancer treatment, too much can be harmful and too little can do nothing, so authorities find these flaws and suppress these therapies.

In my opinion whether a newborn baby can learn to communicate if it needs to pee or poop or not is only good if they are not suppressing it and waiting for the parent as suppressing defecation or urination even for 10 minutes is not healthy for a baby and they should go right away (parents are not always around), however communication to the parent that they have gone would be helpful(crying) so the parent can clean them as soon as possible - something the parent wouldn't be so distasteful of if the infant was fed right and healthy (not stinky). An ideally healthy baby, from what I've read, just as with an ideally healthy human, should defecate about 10-25 minutes after having their largest meals of the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastrocolic_reflex
The gastrocolic reflex or gastrocolic response is one of a number of physiological reflexes controlling the motility, or peristalsis, of the gastrointestinal tract. It involves an increase in motility of the colon in response to stretch in the stomach and byproducts of digestion in the small intestine. Thus, this reflex is responsible for the urge to defecate following a meal. The small intestine also shows a similar motility response. The gastrocolic reflex helps make room for more food.[1]
You can get barefoot shoes (vibram five fingers) to get the health effects of the natural walking style while protecting your feet from the grime of city streets.
sunmaiden

Post by sunmaiden »

In my opinion whether a newborn baby can learn to communicate if it needs to pee or poop or not is only good if they are not suppressing it and waiting for the parent
Absolutely! I can hardly believe you know so much about it :D We used cloth diapers w/out covers for both our kids, which was a fast, efficient way of knowing when they needed changing. If you attachment parent, your kids will be near or on you most of the day, so its easy to have a quick response. We did EC with my youngest for the first month, but I sensed some unease and went back to using the cloth diapers, because he would get frustrated if I missed a cue or gave him the opportunity to go when he didn't need to. It seemed gentler to just let him relax and go when he needed to, but it has always mildly confused me that he was happier in diapers, and you've just helped me sort that out (7 years later!)... thanks.

Vibrams - yeah, they're on my wish list. Flat soled sandals are filling in for now, and if its clean enough I go barefoot and carry them.

What's your opinion on swaddling? Just curious. One of the buteyko sites recommended it for calming/slowing the breath, and we did it at times with our newborns, and it calmed them down. For the first few weeks, we mostly just used large flat flannel blankets to loosely cover them if they were cold, and it was easy to adjust a comfortable temperature that way. BTW, there's some interesting research that not just touch is important, but actual heart to heart contact between baby and care-giver. The heart cells talk to each other and help regulate the baby's heart to keep it healthy. Just another reason breast feeding is a good idea. :)
panacea

Post by panacea »

my opinion is that, for newborns, swaddling or having a sealed crib with only a small 1 sq inch sized hole at the top for air exchange (to build up CO2 in the crib) is absolutely necessary. When the baby is born it should be immediately swaddled. all human babies are born prematurely and require a higher CO2 atmosphere than exists in nature/buildings. In order to help this flaw we must swaddle them. Many babies, including myself as I can remember from faint memories, love burying their faces under blankets and this is partly because it traps the breath and builds up co2 making babies feel better.

babies don't require touch in order to synchronize their heartbeats to other humans they can do it by vocal or body cues from a distance
overkees

Post by overkees »

I would like to add the case of himalayan monks that practice tummo mediatations. They sit in the freezing cold temperature outside with a wet towel wrapped around their bodies and just meditate and after a while the wet towel is dry as well as the ground on which they sit.

Wim Hof, a dutchman who is also called the iceman also knows these techniques. He has climbed the kilimanjaro with shoes, a hat and a short pants and nothing else. Also went to the mt everest at 7000 meters with the same equipment.
He swam 60 meters underwater in ice cold water at the north pole. Sat in ice cubes filled till his neck for 2 hours and ran a halfmarathon with only a short pants in lapland with temperature -20 and no shoes.

Youtube him, it's incredible. He can hold his breath for longer than 6 minutes and says that breathing is the most important thing next to training for surviving these extreme cold circumstances.