Depression

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
coconutty
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Depression

Post by coconutty »

1. I believe the Wai diet can be used to treat depression for the following reasons:
-raw egg yolk can cure those with pms & low cholesterol
-brazil nuts + eggs eliminate selenium-deficiency inducded depression
-long walks = plenty of sunlight providing both vitamin D & fighting SAD/light mood disorders
-lots of other reasons that Wai explains in the bk.

2. I believe part of the reason for the Wai diet's efficacy is that it approximates a true paleolithic diet {aside from olive oil which came later on, and i'm not sure when humans started eating raw fish}

3. Hunter-gatherer was the lifestyle of humans for approx. 2 million years.

4. I believe non-Paleolithic diet causes illness/obesity while non-Paleolithic lifestyle causes depression.
coconutty

Post by coconutty »

5. Pharmaceutical drug companies are full of evil

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors hit Pfizer Inc. with a record-breaking $2.3 billion in fines Wednesday and called the world's largest drugmaker a repeating corporate cheat for illegal drug promotions that plied doctors with free golf, massages, and resort junkets.

The government said the company promoted four prescription drugs, including the pain killer Bextra, as treatments for medical conditions different from those the drugs had been approved for by federal regulators. Authorities said Pfizer's salesmen and women created phony doctor requests for medical information in order to send unsolicited information to doctors about unapproved uses and dosages

Bextra, for instance, was approved for arthritis, but Pfizer promoted it for acute pain and surgical pain, and in dosages above the approved maximum. In 2005, Bextra, one of a class of painkillers known as Cox-2 inhibitors, was pulled from the U.S. market amid mounting evidence it raised the risk of heart attack, stroke and death..

Eli-lilly unethical marketing of Zyprexa: http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2009/Januar ... v-038.html

Purdue Pharma L.P., the maker of OxyContin, and three of its executives were ordered to pay a $634.5 million fine on Friday for misleading the public about the painkiller's risk of addiction.

U.S. District Judge James Jones levied the fine on Purdue, its top lawyer and former president and former chief medical officer after a hearing that lasted about four-and-a-half hours. The hearing included statements by numerous people who said their lives were changed forever by the addiction potential of OxyContin, a trade name for a long-acting form of the painkiller oxycodone.

Designed to be swallowed whole and digested over 12 hours, the pills can produce a heroin-like high if crushed and then swallowed, snorted or injected.

From 1996 to 2001, the number of oxycodone-related deaths nationwide increased fivefold while the annual number of OxyContin prescriptions increased nearly 20-fold, according to a report by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. In 2002, the DEA said the drug caused 146 deaths and contributed to another 318.

[Drug industry in cahoots w/ media? Why aren't record-breaking fines and unethical practices making headline news?]

Trudy Lieberman, the author of the CJR article has nailed the media's drug advertising income: "In 1999, the five networks, including CNN and Fox News, received $569 million in advertising revenue from pharmaceutical companies, according to TNS Media Intelligence. In 2004, that number had nearly tripled, to $1.5 billion. Drug ad revenue is less for print outlets, but still nothing to dismiss. At the end of 2004, for example, drug-company ad revenue for Time magazine totaled $67 million; for Newsweek $43 million; and for The New York Times, $13 million."

[In usa businesses are too powerful, and both individuals and govt. Are relatively weak. ]

As the focus of pharmaceutical marketing shifts from TV to the Internet, physicians should be prepared to respond to patients who begin a question with, "Doctor, I saw videos about this drug on YouTube..."
Consumers may still see a barrage of ads featuring healthy, happy people and pronouncements of "Ask your doctor about" prescription so-and-so on television, but pharmaceutical marketing is quietly moving its investment out of this medium. Companies are dipping their toes into the bustling Internet, trying to gain a foothold in the rapidly expanding online social media.
In February, Sanofi-Aventis launched a YouTube channel, "Go Insulin," consisting of informational videos and patients' personal testimonials about type 2 diabetes and insulin treatment, but it does not provide direct promotional content for the insulin products the company manufactures. AstraZeneca has also launched a YouTube channel, titled "My Asthma Story," to promote its asthma drug with videos and patient testimonials. Interestingly, neither companies' names are featured prominently on these video Web sites. The AstraZeneca site was identified as only "Brought to you by the maker of Symbicort."
These YouTube-based marketing campaigns followed those of several other companies, including Johnson and Johnson and GlaxoSmithKline, which started their branded channels on YouTube in 2008.

FDA Shields Drug Companies From Lawsuits
by Evelyn Pringle
(Thursday, March 2, 2006)

Last month, the FDA revealed its latest protective policy for drug companies in a statement that said people who believe they have been injured by drugs approved by the FDA should not be allowed to sue drug companies in state courts.
"We think that if your company complies with the FDA processes, if you bring forward the benefits and risks of your drug, and let your information be judged through a process with highly trained scientists, you should not be second-guessed by state courts that don't have the same scientific knowledge," said Scott Gottlieb, the FDA's deputy commissioner for medical and scientific affairs.

In response to the FDA's announcement, Senator Kennedy issued a statement that said: "It's a typical abuse by the Bush Administration -- take a regulation to improve the information that doctors and patients receive about prescription drugs and turn it into a protection against liability for the drug industry."

At one point, Senator Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, came right out and accused the FDA of suppressing studies in order to protect pharmaceutical industry profits and the careers of certain FDA officials.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Money is a very powerful motivator in our society. The pharmaceutical industry is the second largest industry after the weapons industry.

Evil is a matter of perspective. I think they're just doing what society is advocating: making as much money as they can, competing with others, and not being too scrupulous about things.
coconutty

Post by coconutty »

all evil is a matter of perspective- interesting, i can't really disprove this statement but within its boundaries it would probably be more accurate to say from my personal perspective their actions are evil. at first my gut instinct was to rabidly disagree with such blatant relativism but after some thought i think it is true to an extent. from one point of view evil is a matter of perspective, but i think not all perspectives are created equal. an ignorant vs. enlightened perspective, a selfish vs. altruistic perspective...whether ignorance or enlightenment is more favorable is again a matter of perspective, but i dont believe all perspectives are equally good or true, even if good or true are also a matter of perspective.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Every perspective is personal, because it's based upon a personal frame of reference, or belief system. This frame of reference is influenced by society, upbringing, education, religion, experience, etc etc. Hence we all view things differently.

Moral labels like 'good' and 'evil', or 'right' and 'wrong' are based upon this. Every personal act is justifiable from the perpetrator's point-of-view. What is wrong for one person can be right for another. The society we live in is ultimately the result of all our belief systems.

I think the important question isn't what's good/evil or right/wrong, but what works or doesn't work if we choose to develop our society.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Oscar wrote:Every personal act is justifiable from the perpetrator's point-of-view.
This is exactly what I always say... But I'm still not convinced I'm right about that 100% of the time :wink:
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Anything done out of love takes place beyond good and evil.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

Anything done out of love takes place beyond good and evil.
well said Mr. PC! well said.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
panacea

Post by panacea »

Of course you could break it down to all actions all things aren't good or evil, that all animals and humans are robotic in nature, having no real free will, only the illusion of it, as we are constantly influenced by our past, which influences our ego which influences our decisions as we handle the situations before us, so nothing is good or evil, the original poster was simply using the term to express an idea, kinda like saying 'that guys evil daughter, stay away from him' rather than going into a super long explanation that in his perspective rape is okay and that's dangerous, doesn't sound as effective even though it's more correct.. so no big deal, but yes stay away from all 'medicine' or cancer treatment by the white suits, as a little research on the internet will serve your interests far better.

cancer, virus cure - look into ture cold corona ozone therapy (rectal insufflation)

or for mild viruses, just you antiviral herbs,

for everything else I'd say healthy movement, fresh air, moderate sunshine, and wai diet would just about cure as well as anything else.
Kasper

Re: Depression

Post by Kasper »

On the internet, there are quite some people who claim that cold showers help them width depression.
I found 7 testimonials on this website: http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/showers.html

In my own experience, cold showers have big positive benefits when I feel down.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Kasper wrote:On the internet, there are quite some people who claim that cold showers help them width depression.
I found 7 testimonials on this website: http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/showers.html

In my own experience, cold showers have big positive benefits when I feel down.
hmm interesting. Never thought of that before, but it seems very plausible to me, indeed...

Another (better known, I guess) way to help fighting depression: walk! Especially when a crazy, funny dog is keeping you company :lol: And preferably in the early(!) morning hours, when everybody else is still asleep. You'll definitely feel a lot better afterwards, guaranteed!
dime

Post by dime »

Haha Iris, I have to say that method sounds much better than cold showers :D