Anxiety, stress and SSRI's

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Anxiety, stress and SSRI's

Post by RRM »

Wow, thats heavy. Thank you for that insight, djkvan.
I admire your self analysis and your courage, and i guess these are essential in development,
so im assuming you will do fine.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

" Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"- Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future :lol:

Thanks for your kind words, RRM. I just noticed your post today as my e-mail failed to notify me. I have always been one to take things apart to see how they work, myself included. It's difficult to see the picture from inside the frame, so I try to be brutally honest when engaging in introspection. Mindfulness and mindsight is key. Funny thing, though, my dehydration was exacerbating my anxiety and disrupting my focus for the last several months or so. I discovered the dehydration by accident, so it helps to be lucky sometimes. I haven't taken the meds and don't plan to.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Haha, I remember that quote :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote:I discovered the dehydration by accident, so it helps to be lucky sometimes.
I dont think its luck.
If your mind is open to discoveries, and if you keep on experimenting / trying,
you will always 'accidentally' discover things, and thus these findings are hardly 'accidents' / luck.
If you are stalking a sexy librarian, then trip, hold on to a bookshelf, which makes a book fall on the ground and open
at a specific page that describes what you need to know, that's luck.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I knew that paying attention is what made my luck possible, it was implicit and I just failed to type it. I suspected that someone was going to go call me on that.

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote: Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca
Ok :D
Its funny how people may have such different perceptions.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

If your mind is open to discoveries, and if you keep on experimenting / trying,
you will always 'accidentally' discover things, and thus these findings are hardly 'accidents' / luck.
If you are stalking a sexy librarian, then trip, hold on to a bookshelf, which makes a book fall on the ground and open
at a specific page that describes what you need to know, that's luck.
Fully agree with this!
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

RRM wrote:Its funny how people may have such different perceptions.
Agreed. :)
polyeska

Post by polyeska »

hi djkvan,

How are you feeling? I have read this thread and I was wondering why someone would ask on this forum 'what about taking citalopram'. I'd say to get some support to not take it, (wai people and drugs...) but it seems you want something else, or something more.

What I've read from you, your past has not been easy and it looks like you have a lot of fears, and also a lot of fear towards your body. I notice that you have a very 'therapeutic' view on things, and I get the feeling that you analyse your mind, history and body to a level that is more like a prison than doing anything to make you feel better.

Why not try the citalopram, it will not kill you, it can dampen anxiety and maybe it gives you a bit of a chance to get your view away from yourself and towards life (and other people).
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Hi polyeska. I never actually took the citalopram. I have returned to the point of origin when it comes to my issues. ADHD and CNS allergies (throw some chronic candida issues in there due to repeated antibiotic exposure for good measure). I have learned two things: I am fast oxidizer; and I am sensitive to certain mold by-products. Doctors told my mother that I don't do well when given sugar or berries. I have found this to be the case. It's the reason why I couldn't succeed on Wai. My body burns simple sugars like gasoline eats a flame leading to reactive hypoglycemia and nutrient loss (calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, potassium, sodium). After six months on Wai I had experienced tooth decay, muscle and hair loss and was having daily issues with myoclonus. Even taking small sips I would get mild headaches and become spacey. For example, if I eat a banana I will have a headache within minutes. Also, the toxic by-products of botrytis mold, which commonly infects berries, and a variety of other fruits and vegetables can give me headaches and make me hyper/aggressive. Sticking to fresh proteins (no eggs, they give me psoriasis), fats (healthy - organic butter and coconut oil -no PUFA's) and veggies keeps me stable. Even complex carbs (e.g. whole grains) are somewhat fast/problematic energy-wise. I steam my veggies and am going to learn about fermentation techniques to help with anti-nutrient components in various foods. I appreciate you taking the time to weigh in. :)

For more on these topics (ADHD, Oxidization, and mineral balance) see:

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/attention_deficit.htm
http://drlwilson.com/Articles/MUSCLE%20CRAMPS.htm
http://www.drlwilson.com/Articles/sodiu ... 20high.htm
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

It appears that my reaction to bananas has nothing to do with cellular metabolism. I get headache, indigestion and bad mood when eating them and they will just sit in stomach while everything that I eat afterward digests around them.