Egg yolks truly are brain food!

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
Thomas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Egg yolks truly are brain food!

Post by Thomas »

I just want to let you guys (RRM and Wai) know what a difference the raw eggs make for my focus and attention.
I eat no more than one per day (all my body calls for), but I am always amazed at the differences in my ability to study for long periods of time.
The clean cholesterol seems to be a godsend.

Also, being that many scientists believe that animal brains were responsible for the great increase in grey matter by comparison to other apes, I was looking into the nutrients contained within the food.
Not surprisingly, brains are an INCREDIBLE source of cholesterol ('clean' cholesterol when consumed raw).
Wai states on her website that the combination of sugars and cholesterol were responsible for the expansion of the human brain.
If she is right, egg yolks may be the closest we can come to the food that enabled us to become what we are today.
Too bad the egg yolks contain no long-chain omega 3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA) or they truly would be the most ideal food on earth!

Thanks guys,
Thomas
nick

Post by nick »

I don't think that's enough protein with one egg! Unless you eat nuts or fish. When I increased my intake of eggs, I definitely felt the difference.

Alternating with sashimi will give you those other fatty acids.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The protein is not what yields those feelings.
That is owed to the clean cholesterol (there is much cholesterol in even one egg).

If it were for the protein, one could obtain a similar effect from eating turkey, but this is not the case.

By the way, I eat red meat and seafood, but those foods are composed of different nutrients and result in different effects within the body.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Did you eat raw turkey?? :shock:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote
Too bad the egg yolks contain no long-chain omega 3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA) or they truly would be the most ideal food on earth!
They do...
220 mg LNA, 60 mg DPA and 180 mg DHA / 100 g.

Try eliminating cooked proteinacous foods and try eating a few raw egg yolks daily; it will make you feel even better...
Frieda

Post by Frieda »

RRM, how many yolks would be oding? :lol: I think I am going to start upping my amount to stave off my horrible cheese addiction and perhaps help my concentration improve.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you are not susceptible to acne, you can go all the way up to 20 yolks a day. Increasing the amount will definitely help you with your cheese addiction and concentration.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Ah ha! Yes I see what you mean RRM about 3-4 eggs not being a lot!!!
:lol:
Corinne.
sher

Post by sher »

I also noticed how much the egg yolks made a difference in attention and focus. I am a music teacher and playing the piano always takes a lot of focus and I find it is much easier when I eat an egg yolk for breakfast. My focus and energy has totally gone up.
Cairidh

Re: Egg yolks truly are brain food!

Post by Cairidh »

Thomas wrote: Not surprisingly, brains are an INCREDIBLE source of cholesterol ('clean' cholesterol when consumed raw).
Wai states on her website that the combination of sugars and cholesterol were responsible for the expansion of the human brain.
If she is right, egg yolks may be the closest we can come to the food that enabled us to become what we are today
There's twice as much cholesterol in a duck egg as a chicken egg *nod*
Cairidh

Re: Egg yolks truly are brain food!

Post by Cairidh »

Thomas wrote:Too bad the egg yolks contain no long-chain omega 3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA) or they truly would be the most ideal food on earth!
You can buy omega 3 enriched eggs which contain a ratio of 1:1 omega 6 to omega 3 as opposed to 13:1 in standard eggs.
You'd still have to eat a lot to get the same amount from eggs as oily fish.
nick

Post by nick »

The only problem with Duck eggs is that since they are from waterfowl, they contain more salmonella. Make sure they are super fresh.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Just wondering: are eggs and sashimi interchangeable in calculating for protein and cholesterol?

I'm still very skeptical about eating so many eggs a day because of all we hear in the media about no more than one egg a day, etc.

I'm eating 3-4 now, but remain skeptical about the sustainability of this quantity of eggs. Have any of you gotten blood tests after years of massive egg consumtion?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What we hear in the media about eggs is based on cooked eggs. This means bad oxy-cholesterols, HCA's, etc. Cholesterol in itself isn't bad at all (http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/cholesterol.htm, http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndisea ... olest.html, and http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/index.html).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Chin-Chin wrote:Have any of you gotten blood tests after years of massive egg consumtion?
Yes, a few long time dieters have, all with perfect results.