My friend is Manic deppresive Bipolar.

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
waipete
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My friend is Manic deppresive Bipolar.

Post by waipete »

http://www.manicdepressivedisorder.net/

Hes the most friendly guy I ever known, but I heard stories from his girlfriend he gets really angry episodes. He hates to take his meds and is really more into eastern practices/thought like yoga, meditation and diet. I told him about my diet and he was aware of grains causing depression but I still see him eats grains and junkfood at times. Do you think this diet will help him, he seems open enough to try anything.
overkees

Re: My friend is Manic deppresive Bipolar.

Post by overkees »

Yes, and raw animal foods are amazing at curing depressions. If i don't feel good I buy myself an expensive piece of meat or fish and feast on this. Always works for me.

I get depressed easily in the cold winter months with no light.. egg yolks have been a great help.

Cholesterol is an essential nutrient and is often converted to an oxidized (useless) version by heating. Cholesterol is converted in bile in the liver, which breaks down fatty foods. That's why all fatty foods from nature are accompanied with a large amount of cholesterol. Too little cholesterol from diet, will result in a bad absorption of fat soluble vitamins, which are essential to well being.
Iris

Post by Iris »

overkees wrote:Yes, and raw animal foods are amazing at curing depressions. If i don't feel good I buy myself an expensive piece of meat or fish and feast on this. Always works for me.

I get depressed easily in the cold winter months with no light.. egg yolks have been a great help.

Cholesterol is an essential nutrient and is often converted to an oxidized (useless) version by heating. Cholesterol is converted in bile in the liver, which breaks down fatty foods. That's why all fatty foods from nature are accompanied with a large amount of cholesterol. Too little cholesterol from diet, will result in a bad absorption of fat soluble vitamins, which are essential to well being.
Although I agree with you for most part, it isn't THAT simple, I think. The "winter blues" you describe is different from a bipolar disorder. It will probably help to reduce the symptoms significantly, but it won't "cure" it, I'm afraid. Ofcourse it's true that without essential nutrients you can feel depressed. But that doesn't mean all depressions can be solved by providing all those nutrients. Furthermore, it's not only depressions he is dealing with....
Nevertheless, he'll probably gain a lot from this diet (because of what you explained above)(as long as he keeps up with it, ofcourse).
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think I act slightly manic depressive if I don't eat high quality raw proteins.
But eating raw animal is not the only option. You could also go for raw whey protein for example (I use immunocal in cases I don't eat raw yolks/salmon/lamb)

This has the same anti-bipolar effect to me. Which I notice quite fast (+/- 1 hour).
So if he refuse to eat raw animal food, maybe your friend could go for this (it is expensive tough).

Here another testimonial about raw whey protein for bipolar disorder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdwYwTT_dDk