Coffee

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Coffee

Post by overkees »

Yes, exactly. Caffeine in the context of enough sugar and enough B vitamins is a very good medicine for improving metabolism. It is relatively safe. But as RRM says, it shouldn't be used if not needed and certainly not on a regular basis. Also, caffeine is a risk for another addiction and this is a risk factor that should be taken into consideration.

But, if you are willing to go down that road I would choose for caffeine, yes. I was a little too hasty in saying no downsides. Of course, everything can have downsides. Thanks for the objective review, RRM.
fred

Post by fred »

overkees wrote:Yes, exactly. Caffeine in the context of enough sugar and enough B vitamins is a very good medicine for improving metabolism.
Can you elaborate on that overkees ?
What do you mean by improving/boosting metabolism?
Thank you.
dime

Post by dime »

Something related I read today: Does Greek Coffee Hold the Key to a Longer Life?
"Boiled Greek type of coffee, which is rich in polyphenols and antioxidants and contains only a moderate amount of caffeine"
Not sure why they call it Greek coffee though, when this is commonly known as Turkish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_coffee
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:Caffeine in the context of enough sugar and enough B vitamins is a very good medicine for improving metabolism.

Medicines are taken for a specific condition that is properly diagnosed.
What condition are you referring to?
dime

Post by dime »

If he says for improving metabolism I guess the condition is slow metabolism? Or fast?
Not sure if that could be classified as a "condition". We are as slow or as fast according to our programming I'd say, unless there's some virus messing up the program.
overkees

Post by overkees »

The diagnose is a body temperature avg well below 37 degrees. Nothing more, nothing less.
And no, we are certainly not "programmed" that way.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:The diagnose is a body temperature avg well below 37 degrees.
Thats not a condition that requires treatment.
Thats a symptom, and may have various reasons/causes.
dime

Post by dime »

The soylent stuff seems to be getting more attention: http://www.cookingfor20.com/2013/06/18/ ... nt-recipe/

Couldn't find the original thread, seems like it got lost in some merge/split.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Couldn't find the original thread, seems like it got lost in some merge/split.
It was moved to non-wai, and deleted later I guess.