Confused.. how to stick to Wai? And what about fat?

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
MarciavD
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Confused.. how to stick to Wai? And what about fat?

Post by MarciavD »

Dear all,

I've been trying to follow Wai 100%, for a couple of years now. I find it very hard to stick with the diet and I am getting so confused about
food, what's good / what's not and my motivation keeps switching from Wai to non-Wai and back again. I know Wai is the most optimal diet, but every now and then I long for "normal" food (from boiled vegetables to oatmeal or even "stamppot" during Wintertimes). Every time I am tired or (emotionally) out of balance I run to non-Wai foods for a couple of days. After a while I get sick, diarrhea and acne and that makes me turn back to Wai.

I still have skin issues (inflammations, they don't heal for weeks, it's terrible) and sometimes big problems with my stomach and bowels.. my stool hasn't been normal since months now and that's a big sign I am not as healthy as I want to be. Plus it's very inconvenient.
I recently did another Candidatest and it was negative, so no more Candida (that's a good thing)
But.. this 'off and on the diet' (of course) isn't working, I really need to stick to Wai and Wai only! How can I make this more easy for myself? Does anyone have a good advice, how to make it less hard?

Other thing is I got confused about eating fat. I 've been reading a lot about how low fat diets are most healthy. RRM: can you explain to me why I need to eat fat, even if I have a lot of body fat which can be used? I know you probably can explain it to me. So now I am so worried about getting more bodyfat by consuming fat! I shouldn't read other books and I definitely have to stop searching on the internet for information, because it's all so confusing.. I do have a couple of kilograms fat I really want to get rid of.. I am so not happy with my body.. (this negativity is also not helping, I know..)
Aytundra

Re: Confused.. how to stick to Wai? And what about fat?

Post by Aytundra »

What is a "stamppot"?
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Something Dutch. Mashed potatoes mixed with vegetables.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's not to be underestimated how addicted we are to some non-Wai foods, especially those containing opioid peptides (wheat and milk products, taste enhancers). Even when on the 100% Wai diet we are still addicted because we (and our bodies) remember the addiction. My personal addict-food was paprika chips.

Some things (off the top of my head) that could make it easier:
- be very strict -- I think that being 100% is much easier than 99.9%
- make sure you're never hungry -- of course on Wai Warrior this can be a problem, so I would first get fully settled on Wai Regular (think a year or maybe even two) before attempting Wai Warrior
- whenever you crave non-Wai foods, eat something Wai that you really like to eat
- eat enough egg yolks -- they make you happier

I'll let RRM cover the fat question, otherwise he gets lazy ;)
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Thanks a lot Oscar. Maybe I want things too soon, like heading for WW immediately, without being successful at regular Wai.
It's frustrating me, which also doesn't contribute to maintaining Wai.
I will go for 100% and won't try to WW until I seem to be able to manage my food choices and energy intake.
I also have very discouraging binges.. (up to 5000 kcal a day last Friday)
Feel so miserable and sad, with stomach ache and also huge inflammations in my face due to this stupid actions.. :(
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You can only learn from your mistakes.
By making mistakes, you are making progress, even if you cannot see the results yet,simply because we humans need to make the same mistake many times before we have learned enough from our mistakes.
In my early years i made many mistakes also.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Thanks RRM, can you also convince me it's okay to eat fat without gaining? (considered I don't eat more energy than needed)
Some diet goeroe said 'the fat you eat is the fat you wear'. I truly hope that's nonsense?

With those big inflammations in my face, it's more easy to stick to the diet. I feel like I've hit rock bottom with this one and feel more motivated
than ever before.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You have to think about the question: how do you acquire body fat? Body fat is an energy storage facility, which means that energy can be converted into body fat. Whenever there is excess energy available, typically during/after a big(ger) meal, it will first be converted into glycogen, but when the glycogen stores are full, the rest will be stored as body fat. It doesn't matter what the origin of the energy is. It can be fat, but also carbs or protein.

This means that the smaller your meals are, the less chance there is of body fat being produced.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Dont forget that you burn a lot of fat every day.
Only when you are working out, or climbing stairs, you burn more sugars than fats.
Every other hour of the day, you are burning more fat (>80%) than sugar.
So, there is no question about it; you can eat A LOT of fat without gaining fat, if, at least, you do not consume more energy than you need.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:...if, at least, you do not consume more energy than you need.
The question is where is the need LINE "|" ?
How do you determine that for each nutrient?

----------------------------------------------------------

LEGEND:
"-" = sugar
">" = fats
"~" = protein
"*" = salt
"%" = water retention
"$" = cholesterol, steroid
"." = nothing
"?" = unknown
"[]" = Total amount body can have without reaching maximum level.
"|" = energy or nutrient needed, or level food stops at when consumed.

Scenario 1:
need ____[---------------|.....................]
consumed[----------------------|..............] <---GAIN
water_ret[...............?.....................]

Scenario 2:
need ____[---------------|.....................]
consumed[----------|..........................]<----LOSS

Scenario 3:
need ____[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|.....]
consumed[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|.]<---GAIN

Scenario 4:
need ____[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|.....]
consumed[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>|............]<----LOSS

Scenario 5:
need ____[~~~~~~~~~~~~~|....................]
consumed[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|.......]<---GAIN

Scenario 6:
need ____[~~~~~~~~~~~~~|....................]
consumed[~~~~~~|............................ ]<----LOSS

Scenario 7:
need ____[**|..................................]
consumed[***************|.....................]<---GAIN
water_ret[%%%%%%%%%%|.....................]<---GAIN

Scenario 8:
need ____[**|...................................]
consumed[*|................................... ]<----LOSS
water_ret[%|....................................]<---LOSS

Scenario 9:
need ____[$$$$$$$|...........................]
consumed[$$$$$$$$$$$|......................]<---?
water_ret[...............? ....................]

Scenario 10:
need ____[$$$$$$$|............................]
consumed[$$|................................. ]<----?
water_ret[...............?......................]

By the way, a lot (almost all) of commercial cooked baked goods, breads, soups, pizza, sandwiches, pasta dishes, rice dishes, cheese, dried milk, canned vegetables, and processed meats contains lots of salt. In the French Food Composition table I was surprised to see the amounts of salt in 100 g of food reached 1/5 of the 1500 to 2400 mg of RDA-ish Sodium levels. That means eating 500 g of commercial foods per day would reach the daily salt limit. There is hardly any choice for people buying commercial prepared foods to escape from salt. Except for buying plain flour to make everything or to buy fresh meat to make meat dishes themselves. I will be posting that table soon. Reading that table made me realize how much Salt is added to products, and there is hardly any escape for people buying plastic wrapped and boxed foods.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

MarciavD wrote:Something Dutch. Mashed potatoes mixed with vegetables.
Did you buy it from the supermarket or did you make it fresh yourself?
I doubt vegetables will make you gain weight.
Maybe the fiber, as temporary gut content weight.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I never said I gained from 'stamppot' (which is not true) Aytundra, I said I got frustrated by not being able to stick to the 100% diet.
My bodyfat is a consequence of bad energy managament, a higher intake than necessary. This morning my weight was 57.0 kg by a length of 174 cm. Not bad, I just want to have less bodyfat (impedance meter says 18.4%), beceause I don't like the way I look. (too soft, I want to be ripped)

Thanks for the response about eating fat. I understand the whole thing about small meals, glycogen and eating according your needs to prevent new storage of bodyfat. I was wondering how I can see this in the light of macro nutrients in combination with energy management, because an abundance of fat can not be stored as glycogen, can it?

So what if I burn a lot of sugars a day (due to physical activity, walking / working out) but my energy intake mostly consists of fats instead of sugars
and my fat-intake is higher than my fatburn. In that case, I will gain new fat and my glycogen will stay empty / muscle tissue will be used? So what if the ratio fat / sugars isn't right, but the total energy consumed is according to my need?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: an abundance of fat can not be stored as glycogen, can it?
No, but the majority of the energy that you burn, is fat.
So, you really need to consume very little sugars to create an abundance of fat. You can only do so on a diet deciated to low carb.
So what if I burn a lot of sugars a day (due to physical activity, walking / working out)
When walking long distances, the majority of energy utilized is from fat.
Every hour that you do not exercise intensively, you are burning more fats than sugars.
How many hours a day do you exercise intensively?
So what if the ratio fat / sugars isn't right, but the total energy consumed is according to my need?
That is only possible on a low carb diet. Not on the Wai diet.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

How many hours a day do you exercise intensively?
Eh.. I don't. I walk for several hours a day. So I guess it's really OK to eat fat. :D

Sticking to Wai is much more easy now I eat more yolks and introduced salmon to my daily diet.
I do think it's a lot of protein, but my body seems to ask for it. I really crave protein lately. I guess that ll stabilise eventually.
For now, it helps! My face is getting clear and my stomach is flatttt!!! Yes!! :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Fantastic!