Mental focus: ADHD, spaciness, lack of focus

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
CurlyGirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by CurlyGirl »

Avalon,
My past involves bulimia, compulsive overeating, depression, orthorexia, co-dependency. So here I am! Feeling full of life, happy and balanced (most days).
I think you're right, by the way, that there is a strong pro-100% contingent here, whereas a smattering of us (including me) are pro-munchy and might have been better off on the old board! ;-)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey CG,

I seem to remember 100% being mentioned more for if the diet wasn't working as it should, regarding acne, cellulite etc. But now, nick and Oscar have put so much pressure on me about the sugar-thing and stuff that I just don't know what I'm going to do. :cry:

Obi-wai Kenobi You're my only Hope. heh heh

dohhh misspelled bulimia.
Feeling full of life, happy and balanced (most days).
Copy that!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think that the 100% diet, or acne sample diet, was originally meant as the healthy diet to 'cure' acne. Afterwards, one could start experimenting with adding foods back into the diet, and see whether those would cause acne or not.

For me the 100% diet is the diet, no question about it. Actually after being on it for a while, the question of 100% or not completely disappeared. Tweaking, changing, experimenting yes, but within the 100% diet. :D

Am I sounding like a religious fanatic already? ;)

Oh, I remember (dried) dates being a 'happy food', so serotonin inducing, not sure about dried figs though.
avalon

Post by avalon »

What-ever :?

Say, Oscar, have you posted a sample menu of yours here on the forum? If so, where and if not, could you. I'd like to see. I'm sure I''ve probably missed it...somewhere...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My daily regimen is more or less this:

Breakfast:
Mashed banana, 2 egg yolks, OO, chopped apple and pear

Afternoon:
0.5 liter OJ with OO and sugar
sometimes 1 or 2 macademia nuts

Late Afternoon:
1/2 - 1 avocado with OO, sometimes with a little tomato

Dinner:
100gr sashimi (usually raw mackerel, sometimes salmon)

Evening:
0.5 liter OJ with OO and sugar

Midnight:
Mashed banana, 2 egg yolks, OO, chopped pear

At the moment this seems to work for me. I might change it into smaller portions at some point.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Avalon,

Thank you for the link: http://www.beyondveg.com/bratman-s/hfj/ ... e-1a.shtml

I find it to be a very balanced account on the danger of obssession with food purity.

I'm too green to Wai's diet to say if I'm a more on the zealot side or on the munchy side (I think I'm neither of those, but just someone who's trying out a diet almost 100% for a 30-day period), but I would just say: try to streamline everything so that you can spend a minimum of time and reasonable money to prepare nutrious food for yourself.

Food is just fuel. Good fuel is important, and we should be informed about its quality, but why would we want to attach ourselves to the fuel. Wouldn't we prefer to concentrate on what direction weare driving? Where our life is going? - Unless of course if we are planning to be a diet guru or a raw food cook...

I know this is easier said than done. If you feel that you have to use munch food to get there, Wai gives a lot of ideas about them. I would say once you get your basis done, and hopefully have obtained your ideal weight (we know you'll be able to do it!), you can try to do one different munch food at a time for as long as you need to be able to tell if it makes any damned difference in your case.

Keep up the good work!
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

By the way Avalon,

I saw that you also have a history of ADD. Would you like to share your experience with regards to the dietary influence on your ADD?

Have you ever taken chemical drugs?
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I'm still waiting for a juicer and a thermo to put my juice/blender cocktail in before I can become fully operational.

Does this mean that I have to travel with a blender, a juicer, universal voltage converter, a peeler, a knife, an orange juice bottle, egg holders, a bowl, a pot of honey, olive oil bottle, and half a dozen whole fruits from now on? (Am I forgetting anything?)

I was planning to visit a friend in Jordan and then go to Syria, Lebanon, and perhpas Israel this summer. Maybe I'll stay at home after all...

:cry: :lol:
huntress

Post by huntress »

Oh la la Chin-Chin :D You sound like you're going on a mission!
Oh, I remember (dried) dates being a 'happy food', so serotonin inducing
I guess too much serotonin makes me depressed. :P
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Chin-Chin wrote:Does this mean that I have to travel with a blender, a juicer, universal voltage converter, a peeler, a knife, an orange juice bottle, egg holders, a bowl, a pot of honey, olive oil bottle, and half a dozen whole fruits from now on? (Am I forgetting anything?)
Don't forget the kitchen counter and sink, portable fridge for if you want to eat fish, and some nutcrackers... :twisted:
huntress wrote:I guess too much serotonin makes me depressed. :P
Right... :roll: :wink:
avalon

Post by avalon »

Good Morning Chin-Chin,
a juicer, universal voltage converter, a peeler, a knife, an orange juice bottle, egg holders, a bowl, a pot of honey, olive oil bottle, and half a dozen whole fruits from now on?
WOW! I'm working on an invetion that has all the above and fits in your pocket! It's called a

JUVCPKOJBEHBPOHOOBand6WF!!!

Great minds!

Honestly what I've noticed from Wai, other than the happiness from losing my weight (which is a biggie) are more physical than mental. My urine is clear yellow without vitamin supplements. My teeth aren't filming over like they used to(stopped coffee with half & half close to four months). My body odor has changed...

I'll admit before Wai I was pretty out of control with processed foods. Sure didn't have enough salads fruits etc. Now with close to 4 months of tomatos and cucumbers, various other fruits...

I do feel the potential to focus... :D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

avalon wrote: I do feel the potential to focus... :D
:lol: That should be the slogan of this thread: The potential to focus!
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

BTW,

We are all waiting for your invention to arrive on the market!
avalon

Post by avalon »

:D I'll...uh...let you know when...it's, ehh...ready :roll:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Avalon sent me this pic of the prototype, aptly named "The Contraption". ;)