How to finetune egg yolk intake for energy?

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
Chin-Chin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Chin-Chin »

Thank you Nick.

What about the indigestion?
avo

Post by avo »

I know from experience that several egg yolks along with avocado is not easily and readily digested. I seem to feel much better when I have the yolks just with a few bananas, only eating avocado as a seperate meal with tomato and cucumber sometime later in the day. Common sense should tell you that what you ate is a bit much (in terms of fat and 'density'), at least until you have built up to that level and become acustomed to it.
nick

Post by nick »

Oops, I forgot about the indigestion part!

Avocado's have much fiber, about 6%, whereas fruit on the average contains about 2%.

For some, combining yolks with high fiber foods doesn't work well with diigestion and can cause cramps. So I would advise that you don't combine them with avocados. I usually eat my avocado's before or after yolks. If after, I wait about 2 hours. You could try blending the yolks with OJ, which makes it vanillia like.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

nick wrote:You could try blending the yolks with OJ, which makes it vanillia like.
Erm, shouldn't "blending" be "mixing", or even "gently stirring"? Or was that only in case of acne?
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

thank you guys. I'll take notice next time. So yolks with a fruit smoothie or bananas would be fine?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

If I ate 6 eggs with 2 bananas I got agonising cramps and wished for euthanasia.

4 or less eggs was ok.
nick

Post by nick »

Oscar wrote:
nick wrote:You could try blending the yolks with OJ, which makes it vanillia like.
Erm, shouldn't "blending" be "mixing", or even "gently stirring"? Or was that only in case of acne?
Whoops! Yes, by blending I meant gently stirring the yolks with a fork in a glass of juice. I believe it is for acne but it doesn't hurt if not.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Cairidh wrote:If I ate 6 eggs with 2 bananas I got agonising cramps and wished for euthanasia
*sombre expression* .... *bursts into laughter*
You are a great wit, Cairidh! And yes, 6 yolks all at once is also too much for me (stomach-wise), with bananas or not. I like to space them out...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL Cairidh :D
avalon

Post by avalon »

You could try blending the yolks with OJ, which makes it vanillia like.

Not necessarily, Dear Oscar. The word 'blend' means by definition to mix and/or mingle. That could mean by hand or machine. My guess is the blender, came after the word blend, so, blend could be appropriate in this case. I prefer the word blend because it sounds more delicious than 'mix'. Blend...hmmm...
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hi girls,

Thanks for the input. I think 4 egg yolks at one take is my limit too.

It's just that RRM said that we can squeeze in as many egg yolks in one sitting as we want...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Not necessarily, Dear Oscar. The word 'blend' means by definition to mix and/or mingle. That could mean by hand or machine. My guess is the blender, came after the word blend, so, blend could be appropriate in this case. I prefer the word blend because it sounds more delicious than 'mix'. Blend...hmmm...
Sure, no problem at all. Just make sure there is no possible misunderstanding if it's high-speed or low-speed blending. ;)
avo

Post by avo »

4 yolks is also my self-imposed limit. However, I could also eat about 4-5 bananas along with them, depending on size/ripeness and my level of hunger. I wonder how many yolks I could consume if I had them straight or in some OJ? Is it worth trying to find my threshold?
nick

Post by nick »

avo,

My body tells me when it has had its fill. I get this feeling where anymore is too much and would make me a little sick to my stomach. That could be your threshold sign but try it out for sure.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I'm just wondering now:
If I eat 4 egg yolks mixed in a mushed banana, do I need to add OO to this or do the eggs contain enough fat to balance the sugar from the banana?
I've been adding OO all the time. Do any of you do it ,or not?