https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How to get up right away when your alarm goes off

Post by Chin-Chin »

I am going to try this out:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/0 ... -goes-off/

But first, I need to go to bed earlier :roll:
avo

Post by avo »

I find that I wake up on my own fairly well. Which surprises me because I was never a morning person before starting Wai. Now, I feel refreshed and energized each morning (6-8am, depending on how late I stay up). But I too need to get to sleep earlier, and stop eating so late (I just had an avocado, 2 bananas and 2 yolks at 10:30pm :x).

You should try a sunrise simulating alarm. I have one, it worked pretty well, but I don't need it anymore.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Tell me more Avo!

Weren't you on a raw food diet before the Wai diet? What did you do that's different from before? I guess I'd like to know the difference between Wai diet and the raw food diet that you were doing that helped you get up in the morning? How many hours a night do you get?

I looked up the natural light alarm clocks. They were terribly expensive. Of course, if they really work, I'd go for it. But I don't know anybody in my friend circle that uses it, so I was kind of hesitating.
avalon

Post by avalon »

My parasites wake me up in the morning :shock:

But seriously, I too wake up pretty much between 6-8am with no alarm clock now.

I used to use an alarm clock that sounded either rain water, ocean waves or babbling brook sounds. What was so good about it was the ocean waves would start off far away and slowly get louder and louder until you were right in the water. There was no sudden noise to stop your heart. I still have that clock, made by Timex and love it when absolutely needed.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

:shock:

Maybe it comes with age?

I do go to sleep pretty late though, usually between 2 to 4:30 am. I try to go to sleep earlier, but unless if I'm really exausted, I can never fall asleep.

Also, I notice that when I go to sleep earlier, I end up sleeping longer, like 9-10 hours! Whereas I really only need 6-8 hours...
avo

Post by avo »

Well, without going off-topic too much, I tended to get a majority of calories from fats (avocados, coconut, oils), plenty of complex carbs (yams, carrots, other root veggies), along with tons and tons of dark, leafy greens and non-starchy veggies, relatively few fruits. Usually 2 huge meals a day. I did include some occasional raw meats and plenty of yolks each week. I think that I just didn't listen to my body's needs, I was always sluggish and tired, no matter how long I slept.

Once going Wai, everything just seemed so much easier, like I was only operating 50% of my potential previously.

Where are you located? I am willing to part out with my sun-clock for whatever you are willing to pay. I'm in NY.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Oh I live in France.

I think Corinne might be going to NY this summer, so maybe she can get it for me? Can you post a photo?

I just don't understand why I haven't felt the same with my sleep patterns since being on Wai's. The only noticeable thing that I feel is much better blood circulation. How long did it take for the energy change to take place in you?
avo

Post by avo »

I did a 14 day fast, followed by a slightly different raw routine consisting of more fruit for a week or so, and then decided to try Wai, transitioning over the course of about 2 days. Immediately upon changing to a Wai-like diet I experienced better sleep, and better overall health. So I'd say within a few days of incorporating Wai advice.

Right now I'm working on finding what foods I'm allergic to, so skin/energy-levels/etc are not as good as they were when I first started, but still pretty good.

Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Wai allowed you to trash alarm clocks altogether?

You don't need one anymore :roll:

Shouldn't I be able to do it too? You said that you weren't a morning person, does that mean that you were a night owl like me?

I'm baffled by this...

The alarm clock looks like one of those that I saw on the net. I'd be interested in getting it since I have not experienced the miraculous change that you underwent. Is it also usable for 220 voltage?
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Thanks for that article, Chin-Chin! I'm going to try it - it would be SOO great if it works for me! I'm always struggling to get up in the morning. For it to be automatic would be beyond wonderful! I would be able to get so much more done in my life. I'll keep you all posted on how it works for me :D

~Amber
avo

Post by avo »

I can't explain it. :? I have not used an alarm since starting Wai, and waking up for school is pretty automatic (within 15-20 minutes of the same time each morning).

When I say I wasn't a morning person, that means I'd feel horrible in the morning compared to any other time. But I didn't stay up late either, usually going to sleep 10p, maybe 11. Now, I stay up a little later (I can't help it, I'm not tired), sometimes 12 or so, but then only need 6-7 hours sleep.

For the sun alarm clock, there is an available plug that converts the voltage, I believe.