Feeling drowsy

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
Chin-Chin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Feeling drowsy

Post by Chin-Chin »

I've been feeling really drowsy lately. Have I eaten a parasite? What are the symptoms?
huntress

Post by huntress »

*chuckles* Chin-Chin... :D You are beginning to be like me (and avalon too, maybe), if I may say so. And that is about being paranoid about parasites. Did this feeling of paranoia began since Brian told you about the parasites in the cod fish? It just strikes me as odd because before that, you've been eating raw beef all this while. It's funny how ignorance truly brings blissfulness. 8)

And, no, I don't seem to recall reading about drowsiness due to parasitic infection. First signs of you being infested by parasites: diarrhea, stomach spasms, vomitting.

Feeling drowsy could be due to low sugar. Or perhaps, eating too much fats and protein like avocado and egg yolks?
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Also consider external circumstances, such as bad sleeping habits or maybe stress/depression. That's has been my problem for some months now...
Hannes
huntress

Post by huntress »

Oh Wintran... :( it's summer already so you should feel good. How about taking a walk in the gardens and be drenched in the aroma of flowers or perhaps walk under the rain in a garden of trees... :D I 'll send a prayer for you to feel better.
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Thanks huntress, you're totally right! :oops: I think I could really use some nature around me...

Actually I have started to feel better lately, little by little, slowly getting control of my work and the stress it's caused me, and trying to turn my sleeping habits to get enough sleep and get up earlier. I still have the general "depressions" about love and such, but I guess that's nothing really uncommon... :roll:
Hannes
huntress

Post by huntress »

THat is good to hear Wintran! What brings me joy is to know that other people feel good too. :wink:
I still have the general "depressions" about love and such, but I guess that's nothing really uncommon...
Well, we are human and we do have our basic needs and it will slowly unveil itself in a right time. Just be patient!
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Thanks for clearing that up, Huntress :D

I was worried about parasites making me drowsy.

I finally turned around the clock and this morning, I woke up at 6:00 am. Was that me?!!

Anyhow, I'm preparing for my thesis defense and I have to get up early tomorrow too. Only, I don't seem to have a 24-hour sleep cycle, so it's kind of tough to use the 24-hour clock to record my sleep patterns.

Getting sunlight is supposed to help regulating the sleep system.
andyville

Post by andyville »

Chin Chin:

I always try check some very basic things whenever feeling drowsy:

- have I been eating to little carbs in relation to fats lately?
- have I been getting sufficient sun light? (which is a huge issue in Sweden during the winter months)
- is my life thrilling enough?
- have I been excercising the way I should lately?
- do I have things to look forward to that really matter to me?
huntress

Post by huntress »

You're most welcome Chin-Chin! 8) & GOOD LUCK in you thesis defense!!!!!

Hey andyville, great check list! I think I should write that down and stick it on my notice board. Heh. :wink:
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Wow!

You really get into an existential quest when you feel drowsy! I usually just take a nap. I did have a vitamin D deficiency recently though. I'm not sure if it was because I wasn't getting enough sunlight.