Raw milk cheese

The reasons why it's excluded from this diet
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by halfgaar »

Of course, it is as you said, that's how evolution works. The mutation provided an evolutionary advantage over another group, so this group grew.
Gerard

dairy

Post by Gerard »

I avoid dairy, even small amounts of ghee and also raw butter, now, after a time of eating a bit of dairy as munch foods.

My girlfriend says eating any dairy, whether cheese or butter, always makes her breasts hurt. (I guess overall water retention in the body includes the breasts in women and its noticeable if you're on the Wai diet).

Mostly she thinks it's the 'chemical' factors of dairy-- the growth substances; the appetite stimulants we don't necessarily completely understand-- that affects her breasts. She noticed this a long time ago and won't touch it now.
RRM
Administrator

Re: dairy

Post by RRM »

Gerard wrote:My girlfriend says eating any dairy, whether cheese or butter, always makes her breasts hurt. ... Mostly she thinks it's the 'chemical' factors of dairy-- the growth substances
She is right about the effects of growth factors on her breasts. Thats also why there is a relationship between breastcancer and milk consumption.
http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/cancer2.htm
Kasper

Re: Raw milk cheese

Post by Kasper »

RRM wrote:
yes, due to the specific hard to digest proteins it naturally (raw) contains and the permeability-increasing effect on your intestines (for suckling thats a good thing; increasing uptake of nutrients)
Why is it hard to digest and why does hard to digest protein cause acne, I thought it was about dirty protein. But maybe I've to read your e-book again.

Is all the meat and fish we can eat, easy to digest? Or can meat and fish also cause acne through hard to digest protein?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Kasper,

as you can read in this thread, I eat raw milk cheese without acne problems. I'm not saying what RRM said is not true, I just know what I can handle.

on Saturdays, there is a small stand on the market in Groningen which sells raw milk goat's cheese. That cheese is incredibly good, so my advice is to get some :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: Why is it hard to digest and why does hard to digest protein cause acne, I thought it was about dirty protein.
Yes, 'dirty' protein, which is harder to decompose and (temporarily)ends up in the true skin,
where it causes more water to be retained.
the same goes for protein that is naturally harder to decompose.
Is all the meat and fish we can eat, easy to digest?
The protein from meat?
Yes, its easy to digest, as its protein from muscles and other organs;
no 'special' protein designed to survive digestion.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Did you have heavy acne problems?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

How susceptible you are to acne, and therefore how strict your diet needs to be,
differs per person.
So, only you can find out how much your skin can cope with without getting new acne.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I don't get acne from raw cheese, but I did have acne problems in general, before I started my raw diet. It's as RRM said, some are more sensitive than others.
Iris

Post by Iris »

halfgaar wrote:Kasper,

as you can read in this thread, I eat raw milk cheese without acne problems. I'm not saying what RRM said is not true, I just know what I can handle.

on Saturdays, there is a small stand on the market in Groningen which sells raw milk goat's cheese. That cheese is incredibly good, so my advice is to get some :)
Next to the fish stand I referred to earlier (in another thread) ;D
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

RRM wrote: Yes, 'dirty' protein, which is harder to decompose and (temporarily)ends up in the true skin,
where it causes more water to be retained.
the same goes for protein that is naturally harder to decompose.
So, it is something like natural dirty protein :P

Are there more examples of natural hard to digest proteins ? And what makes it hard to digest for a human body ?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I'll defintely try that goat cheese, I used to love pasteurized goat cheese in the past, so I can't even imagine how raw goat cheese will taste.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: Are there more examples of natural hard to digest proteins ?
Yes, wheat also contains such opioid peptides, and there must be lots of plants with similar hard-to-digest peptides.
what makes it hard to digest for a human body ?
Peptides are a few amino acids chained to each other.
Proteins are the same, but much longer chains (over 100 to thousands of amino acids).
Digestive enzymes in the digestive tract split those amino acids off.
For each combination of amino acids linked to each other (for example: methionine-phenylalanine),
there is a different enzyme that can split them up.
Opioid peptides consist of a specific sequence of amino acids that is rare (such as: Tyrosine-Glycine and Glycine-Glycine),
and are therefore relatively hard to break down, due to a relative lack of the required enzymes.
These peptides are 'hidden' in a larger protein chain. Just one wheat gluten molecule, for example,
contains 15 samples of one particular opioid peptide.
And the proteins they are hidden in, are also relatively hard to digest,
due to their three dimensional structure.
Those opioid peptides are named after the protein that they 'hide' in:
In milk: beta-casomorphins, alpha-caseïn exorphins, casoxins, beta-casorphins, alpha-lactorphins, beta-lactorphins and lactaferroxins.
http://www.waiworld.com/waisays/food/zombiefood.html
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Styrene is a Maillard reaction product (phenylalanine+reducing sugars) and a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) formed during incomplete combustion of organic compounds, and commercially used in dyes. Similar to bisphenol A and phthalates, plastic drink containers Kasemsup R et al and plastic liners in cans and other packages Vitrac O et al are also a soucre of styrene. Chronic exposure causes remodelling of the intestinal villi Mahler GJ et al and structural changes in apolipoproteins. Cukalevski R et al The testis may be the major target for styrene toxicity. Chamkhia N et al
Various blue-cheese fungi also produce styrene. Pagot Y et al Chiesa LM et al
Due to gram-negative bacteria in dairy, all raw milk cheeses naturally contain styrene (and o-dichlorobenzene; a derivative of benzene). Morales P et al