Moving and converting/upgrading the board

Important information regarding the board
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Moving and converting/upgrading the board

Post by panacea »

Unfortunately the sand colors are only able to be used in very rare circumstances, most of the time they too blind the eyes or look just plain ugly, since there was a whole 'color-scheme' to that old design that looked nature-like it worked ok, but it would almost never work otherwise especially on this current forum style.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Coming week I'll start thinking about a new site design. Just for info: what font did you use for "WaiTalk".
panacea

Post by panacea »

See the other announcement thread I made Oscar
panacea

Post by panacea »

*sigh* no one's going to ever see it unless I spam it in my signature Lol
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think it looks good. A few remarks:
- I'd like a 'view unread posts' button on every page, if possible
- I think the new/no new buttons can be orange buttons, like in the topics
- maybe there's no need for a logout on the top right (with the # or messages)
- the left and right buttons on the menu bar could use a little padding
panacea

Post by panacea »

Update in response to Oscars suggestions:

-I couldn't find a solid way to add 'view unread posts' button on every page, but it's on the index page and there's a button to go the index page on every page. I also added a 'view recent posts in seperate tabs' icon in each subforum that once clicked opens all unread posts in seperate tabs for you, thereby 'sort of' a view unread posts on every page.

It's also worth noting that orange are not the only fruit icons, when you make your own post, it has tomato-icons, grayed out until someone posts in it. Hot topics become pears, grayed out and colored in the same way as the other icons. I also made the board so that guests see all posts as 'unread' until they read them, this way you can effectively see the unread icons more noticeably.

-Reworked the forum_unread_posts icon to include an orange (they can't be easily made into topic icons, plus this way it's easier for the 'eyes to see at a glance' in a board with a lot of categories and forums, like the actual Wai Talk board here is. But anyway I tried to implement your suggestion here.

- I changed the 'logout on the top right' a little to include a 'view your posts' link, maybe you will like it now, if not I can remove it. I think it helps users see at a glance that they are still logged in and what not, so they don't posts as guests, etc. When logged out, there's an enticing register/login menu in the same spot.

- I changed the left and right buttons on the nav bar (I hope this is what you were talking about) to be a little more padded and fluid, see if you like the change.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Update #2:

I moved to a different host, the old button won't work, but the one in my signature is current. Oscar can I please have editing permissions so I don't have to use a sig? It's getting kind of cluttered lol. Anyway the host loads TONS faster now, and shouldn't be down at all. It also supports mods so I'm going to be experimenting with those.

Once again, if you bookmarked the old test forum the link won't work, in fact that host isn't working at all for me, so I can't even login to redirect to this one.
panacea

Post by panacea »

- Updated favicon.ico to pineapple for new host forum

Oscar I made you an account (named "Oscar"), made it a founder so you have full moderator/administrator rights, you can go into the administrator control panel, or check out the moderator tools icons and such, and the quickaccess menus. Check your pm inbox on here for the login password.
panacea

Post by panacea »

board is temporarily down because they're checking to see if it's an OK site for new host
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'll check it out tomorrow.
You can now edit your posts (if I did everything correctly).
panacea

Post by panacea »

thanks Oscar! the website is up and running for good now! and I can edit posts (:

Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I like the username/logout box now. :)
Can't see what you changed on the menu, but what I meant is that the bar which starts with Board Index and ends with the color chooser is a tad (1 or 2 pixels would already be enough) too wide, as it's exactly in line with the board itself, if you know what I mean.
panacea

Post by panacea »

for some reason Oscar I don't think our computers display it the same way, can you take a screenshot? the navbar is fluid, as in it stretches with the window, like this

[click to see whole image]

Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Haha, I like the fruit smiley :D
On the other hand, it might be too frivolous for a 'serious' board. I also think 2 smileys is a bit too much. :?

I can see it on your screenshot. Take the sides of the board itself and follow them upwards; you'll bump into a menu bar. On the left there's a house icon with BOARD INDEX next to it, on the right the color chooser. They align exactly with the sides, and I'd like to see them a bit more inwards (towards the center of the board). It's nitpicking, I know. ;)
panacea

Post by panacea »

yeah lol I figured it was too looney d: I'll switch them back when I get home

ok I get what you're saying about the menu bar (: I'll fix it too