Novidez's Journey - From non-Wai to Wai

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Novidez's Journey - From non-Wai to Wai

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote:it is gonna be for sure, a hard and challenging journey.
That will make succeeding all the more satisfying.
RRM wrote: I just want to get back the feelings of confidence, motivation, not these feelings I am having right now.
Sure, but drugs cannot do that for you.
They can do it for some time, and then you have to pay it back with interest.
If you want to feel good, it is you who has to do all the hard work.
Using drugs is cheating, and always comes back to haunt you.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Weight: 71.9 Kg (+0.4 Kg)

12:30 Wake Up
19:30-22:30 1.5L OJ + 6 tbsp. Sugar, 2 tbsp. OO, 1 Avocado, 1 Kiwifruit
21:30 Bowel Movement - finally, it was rock solid in the beginning but then it was back to 'normal'. I feel like a relief in my belly
23:00 125g Raw Salmon, 5 Egg Yolks
23:30-1:30 1.5L OJ + 6 tbsp. Sugar + 6 tbsp. OO, 5 Egg Yolks
4:30 - 12:30 Sleeping

Energy: 3900 kcal
Protein: 75.7 g
Carbs: 494.7 g
Fat: 189.9 g

---\\---

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Weight: 71.8 Kg (-0.1 Kg)

12:30 Wake Up
19:30-22:30 1.5L OJ + 6 tbsp. Sugar, 4 tbsp. OO
22:30 125g Raw Salmon, 5 Egg Yolks, 15 Hazelnuts
23:00-1:00 1.5L OJ + 6 tbsp. Sugar + 4 tbsp. OO, 1 Banana, ½ Papaya (large), 5 Egg Yolks
4,5?,6? - 14:30 Sleeping

Energy: 3975 kcal
Protein: 79.5 g
Carbs: 536.7 g
Fat: 178.1 g

-----------\\------------

(Just to understand if I am taking enough nutrients) This day, for example:

- Iodide, I.......................................0.07280mg ..........0.15mg missing items:3, 5, 7, 8
- Vitamin K......................................12.20000mcg ........80.00mcg missing items:1, 3, 4, 5, 7

(it is missing lots of items though)

According to Cronometer:

Vitamin K:

What made me wondering is that fact that it detects OO as the main source of Vit. K. If I reduce it, will I be taking enough Vit K then?

Manganese (Min.) - 2.3mg

Well, I don't eat nuts everyday... I am probably (or not?) missing Manganese some days.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:That will make succeeding all the more satisfying.
That's the ending, the problem is all the way through to it ;D
RRM wrote: I just want to get back the feelings of confidence, motivation, not these feelings I am having right now.
Sure, but drugs cannot do that for you.
They can do it for some time, and then you have to pay it back with interest.
If you want to feel good, it is you who has to do all the hard work.
Using drugs is cheating, and always comes back to haunt you.
Yeah I know... And, unfortunately, right know I have a cheated system but for bad reasons. I know that it has to be me to do all the work. But the 'I' of these past few days was terrible weak, I could say. It is so terribly weird when a few weeks before it was all so easy and now seems everything so hard. Seriously, the power of the symptoms are outrageous :x
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:That's what triggers the autophagy.
Fasting decreases blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
This low blood sugar starves cells, that will resort to autophagy to compensate for that.
That is because autophagy in a cell is evoked by a lack of energy / protein, in that cell.
The autophagy converts unused / damaged organelles inside that cell into energy and building blocks (amino acids) for energy supply and reconstruction / repair.
So, as long as your blood sugar (and protein) remains low (hypoglycemia), autophagy will continue.
Wait, wait a sec, when I started fasting I firstly started to feel hypoglicemic (specially when I did exercise). But, over time, I never felt it again. That this mean autophagy isn't triggering anymore?
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Or is that because I was taking so much energy that influenced the Autophagy proccess and it wasn't anything near be triggered? (I don't even know if this makes sense. It is only my guess. I can guess also that the body can get used to it...)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote:Energy: 3900 kcal
Energy: 3975 kcal
That is way too much energy, causing you to gain weight too fast.
You need about 3000 kcal daily.
Novidez wrote:Wednesday, April 6, 2016
3L OJ , 1 Avocado, 1 Kiwifruit, 125g Raw Salmon, 10 Egg Yolks

- Iodide, I.......................................0.07280mg ..........0.15mg missing items:3, 5, 7, 8
- Vitamin K......................................12.20000mcg ........80.00mcg missing items:1, 3, 4, 5, 7
The total amount of vitamin K contained in these foods is 312 mcg vitamin K.
USDA generally does not list vitamin K. Hence the "missing items".
Please opt for source 2: Souci et al, which will yield 312 mcg vitamin K (oil excluded).
Iodide is 93 mcg (113 when consuming tuna instead of salmon), which is sufficient.
Well, I don't eat nuts everyday... I am probably (or not?) missing Manganese some days.
Probably not.
The essential minimum intake is unknown since manganese deficiency is extremely rare.
So, even on a SAD diet, you are safe.
Whenever you eat some nuts, much of the manganese is stored in your bones, as a depot for spare manganese.
Novidez wrote:
RRM wrote:That will make succeeding all the more satisfying.
That's the ending, the problem is all the way through to it ;D
No, that is the part where you need to enjoy the ride. :)
Life is a struggle, but that is no excuse for not enjoying it.
RRM wrote: now seems everything so hard.
It is just a phase. Dont let it get you down.
Novidez wrote: when I started fasting I firstly started to feel hypoglicemic (specially when I did exercise). But, over time, I never felt it again. That this mean autophagy isn't triggering anymore?
No, it's just means that your body rapidly adapts.
You are still fasting after sleep, still triggering autophagy.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Friday, April 8, 2016

Weight: 71.7 Kg (-0.1 Kg)

14:30 Wake Up
22:00-22:30 2L OJ + 1 tbsp. OO, 1 Avocado, 1 Plum, 2 Kiwifruit
23:30-0:30 125g Raw Salmon, 5 Egg Yolks, 15 Hazelnuts
0:30-2:30 1L OJ + 2 tbsp. Sugar, 2 Banana, ½ Papaya (large), 3 Egg Yolks
4,5,6,7 - 12:00 Sleeping

Energy: 3072 kcal
Protein: 81.3 g
Carbs: 478.5 g
Fat: 105.3 g
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

One thing, your sleep rhythm is very irregular, I think that can cause a lot of problems. If I sleep irregular like that, I don't feel good at all
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

hmm, interesting point Kasper.

He seems to regularly sleep at ~4 am, at least for the past month.
He has shown that he can sleep at 1 am
On days that he eats 1 papaya close to his sleep time, also with lots of juice 1.5 L, he does not seem to sleep, 6?.*
On days that he drinks lots of juice 1.5 L, or eats much he sleeps at 4 am.**
On days that he only eats egg yolks with very little fruit juice, he sleeps.
On a day March 24, 2016, when he ate no eggs and not much juice prior sleep, keeping his meal light before sleep, he slept for 6 hours,at his 00:00 bed time and woke up at 6; note he had his egg yolks and majority of food earlier at 17 h.***

*Imo, papaya seems to disrupt sleep patterns when eaten to close to sleep time.
I don't know if it is the energy or the serotonin in foods factor, SPF (see: http://www.waiworld.com/waisays/disease ... ssion.html)

**I think he has a 3-4 hour digestion window, if he eats a lot prior sleep he needs time for his tummy to process his food.
I think if he wants to set a bed time i.e. 2 am then he hast to eat before 10 pm/22h.
On March 15 he wrote that his bed time is "00:30", that means that if he wants to eat a big meal,i.e. 1.5L juice, he should take foods prior 8:30 pm/20:30h.

*** I wonder what happens if he copies that day's schedule of eating times, Would he be able to get an earlier sleep time and wake up time.
However, getting the time where you want your sleep to be is not the most important factor (unless you have a morning/night class/work schedule) the feeling of having a good sleep whether it be short or long is probably the most important factor. :wink:
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:That is way too much energy, causing you to gain weight too fast.
You need about 3000 kcal daily.
I wanted to gain weight, but I didn't even considered that I was gaining it too fast... Now I weight around 72 kg again. Of course, gaining it with muscle increasement would be the optimal...
Btw, http://www.freedieting.com/tools/ideal_body_weight.htm , does this makes sense for you? For example, I have a small frame, so it says that the ideal weight would be something like 78-80. It has somes references at the end of the page. What's your opinion?
RRM wrote:The total amount of vitamin K contained in these foods is 312 mcg vitamin K.
USDA generally does not list vitamin K. Hence the "missing items".
Please opt for source 2: Souci et al, which will yield 312 mcg vitamin K (oil excluded).
LOL -.-' . I should have tried putting source 2, really :roll:
Iodide is 93 mcg (113 when consuming tuna instead of salmon), which is sufficient.
Got it! Since I found frozen wild salmon, I have been sticking with it. Never tried another raw fish yet :roll:
RRM wrote:Probably not.
The essential minimum intake is unknown since manganese deficiency is extremely rare.
So, even on a SAD diet, you are safe.
Whenever you eat some nuts, much of the manganese is stored in your bones, as a depot for spare manganese.
Well, sometimes I feel like eating some nuts. Other days, just don't.
RRM wrote:No, that is the part where you need to enjoy the ride. :)
Life is a struggle, but that is no excuse for not enjoying it.
That's true :). Even the so-called problems, are just challenges. When they appear, it's a new learning, which is always enjoyable.
RRM wrote:No, it's just means that your body rapidly adapts.
You are still fasting after sleep, still triggering autophagy.
Hmm, ok!
RRM wrote:It is just a phase. Dont let it get you down.
Today I feel a little better. Of course, like you said, it's just a phase and I know that these are just like waves that come and go, so I must be counting for the next one whether it appears or not.

--\\--

I still had to add 2 tbsp. of Sugar instead of only one yesterday. I have been thinking, if I drank 4L OJ daily, it would solve me all my problems (since I don't have a juice extractor, OJ is the only choice here. But it makes it simple and easy though).

An example would be something like:

- 4L OJ, 1 tbsp. Sugar, 1 tbsp. OO, Nuts (probably Hazelnuts. // can also be Almonds/Walnuts dunno. Of course, I would like to have Brazil Nuts, but they all sell them roasted here)
- Raw fish (wild salmon) - 125g or more, whatever I feel like to eat
- Egg Yolks - amount varies according to what I feel like to eat too

With 10 Yolks and 20 Hazelnuts, for example, would make around 2910 kcal, 83.5g Protein, 99.4 Fat, 430.94 Carbs. It seems great. Whenever I feel like to eat more or less it will vary according to that (also the sugar and the OO).
(Have to mention of course that I still have tons of fruit in my kitchen which is not helping me doing this yet...)
Kasper wrote:One thing, your sleep rhythm is very irregular, I think that can cause a lot of problems. If I sleep irregular like that, I don't feel good at all
I know... I have been experiencing insomnia, specially this week, it has been terrible. However, eating fiber before going to sleep, probably isn't helping either.

--\\--

Btw, during the day, my nails tend to be like these: http://cdn.blog.baggout.s3-website-ap-s ... -nails.png

I know that fasting reduces our body temperature and the extremities are probably the most affected. Moreover, of course, cold weather influences the most. At night, when I eat, I feel hotter, then I don't experience this. So, nothing to be worried, right?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/ideal_body_weight.htm , does this makes sense for you? For example, I have a small frame, so it says that the ideal weight would be something like 78-80. It has somes references at the end of the page. What's your opinion?
What is the ideal weight is subjective imo.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Aytundra wrote:hmm, interesting point Kasper.

He seems to regularly sleep at ~4 am, at least for the past month.
He has shown that he can sleep at 1 am
On days that he eats 1 papaya close to his sleep time, also with lots of juice 1.5 L, he does not seem to sleep, 6?.*
On days that he drinks lots of juice 1.5 L, or eats much he sleeps at 4 am.**
On days that he only eats egg yolks with very little fruit juice, he sleeps.
On a day March 24, 2016, when he ate no eggs and not much juice prior sleep, keeping his meal light before sleep, he slept for 6 hours,at his 00:00 bed time and woke up at 6; note he had his egg yolks and majority of food earlier at 17 h.***

I don't know if it is the energy or the serotonin in foods factor, SPF (see: http://www.waiworld.com/waisays/disease ... ssion.html)

**I think he has a 3-4 hour digestion window, if he eats a lot prior sleep he needs time for his tummy to process his food.
I think if he wants to set a bed time i.e. 2 am then he hast to eat before 10 pm/22h.
On March 15 he wrote that his bed time is "00:30", that means that if he wants to eat a big meal,i.e. 1.5L juice, he should take foods prior 8:30 pm/20:30h.

*** I wonder what happens if he copies that day's schedule of eating times, Would he be able to get an earlier sleep time and wake up time.
However, getting the time where you want your sleep to be is not the most important factor (unless you have a morning/night class/work schedule) the feeling of having a good sleep whether it be short or long is probably the most important factor. :wink:
It seems that I am not aware of it, but I am and I know it is pretty messed up... All the fruit I am eating lately, for example, I just wish I don't. But my kitchen is full of them so I try to rearrange my eatings and insert them just because yes and not because I want them. There are lots of variables here: some days that I sleep later were days that I have to deal with people, specially with my mother, because I am not feeling well and she notices it or because I am talking about food with her (lol). Then I try to compensate my time doing something useful which tends to stay awake at nigh, therefore, going to bed later. This month it gradually built up to the point I am laying down around 4 am sometimes... Which, altogether, made me miss my classes twice this week.
Yeah... it was not smart from me to eating it before going to bed twice in a raw. I just wanted to get rid of it, and since it was already in a half portion, I ate it again on the next day. I think I am going to eat the fiber way sooner because it can probably upsets my sleeping too.
However, getting the time where you want your sleep to be is not the most important factor (unless you have a morning/night class/work schedule)
The optimal would be to be at bed around 22h and start eating around 17h-18h since I have to wake up at 6.30am to go to my classes. But for example, I have days that I arrive home at 20h, and then I start doing my OJ, this is, around 21h+ I am starting eating. In conclusion, it messes up my sleeping schedule immediately. Of course, I have already thought to do the OJ a day before and put it on the fridge. I still didn't manage to do it because, as I said, social environment never helps. However, slowly but surely, I have been adapting to this routine and I have been finding better strategies. It's a matter of time :)
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

You are doing very well to notice your social surroundings, foods and sleep, times and patterns!
Keep up the good work! :D

Today is Saturday.
I am sure you have no classes on weekends? i am guessing.
This is the best time to start your best sleep schedule, and to prepare and plan your foods for the coming days, as well to plan your study times and study breaks, and meal times.

You might not be able to change your arrival time of 20h at home.
But you can plan to have peeled fruits and juice and snacks to take while you have a break in class, or on the ride/walk home.

---
btw, I know that feeling, my mom went through a phase of buying boxes of 8 -10 papaya and fruits for me, and they all spoil at about the same time.
I felt obligated to finish the fruits, but not exactly because I wanted to eat so much papaya. Same goes for avocado and banana, sometimes they buy too much.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Novidez

Re: Sulfur Burps

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:But, based on what you write, i'd say that you should trust yourself feeling very well.
I mean, when I wrote that, it was after the symptoms having disappeared. This is to say, if I had written at the moment I was having the burps, my text would be completely different, won't you agree?
But yeah, I have never experienced them again (the possible causes are the ones you mentioned probably). Apparently, it seems that you were right when you said to trust myself feeling very well :P
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Aytundra wrote:You are doing very well to notice your social surroundings, foods and sleep, times and patterns!
Keep up the good work! :D
Not sure if you are saying this seriously or ironically ahah. But I will bet on seriously of course :P
Today is Saturday.
I am sure you have no classes on weekends? i am guessing.
This is the best time to start your best sleep schedule, and to prepare and plan your foods for the coming days, as well to plan your study times and study breaks, and meal times.
No, I don't have classes. Today I managed to wake up a little earlier and I intend to start eating earlier too. Regarding studying, didn't invest enough time on it yet.
You might not be able to change your arrival time of 20h at home.
But you can plan to have peeled fruits and juice and snacks to take while you have a break in class, or on the ride/walk home.
That's something that came to my head only a few days ago, I'm so dumb! Since I wanted to stabilize my bowels I wanted drink OJ majorly, so I have been waiting till I arrive home to start eating not remembering that I can carry with me. Of course, it gives more work to prepare it the day before, and the taste won't be the same for sure, than just carrying some fruits and peeling them during breaks or walking home (I had already done this before. Not that consistently though). Let's see how well I manage my time ;)
btw, I know that feeling, my mom went through a phase of buying boxes of 8 -10 papaya and fruits for me, and they all spoil at about the same time.
I felt obligated to finish the fruits, but not exactly because I wanted to eat so much papaya. Same goes for avocado and banana, sometimes they buy too much.
I mean, it's only because they find weird to buy and eat so much oranges... Papaya, melons, pears, apples, plums, kiwis, bananas, mangos, avocados, grapes, pineapple, all these fruits together make somewhat 50€ or more! The worst part, it's that some fruits regarding quantity-price barely serve for one meal and they are extremely expensive. With 50€ I could have oranges, salmon and yolks for a week, probably. And better, I could save some more money to buy a citrus juicer :roll: