Homeopathic Medicine & candida

Challenges and trouble-shooting
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Homeopathic Medicine & candida

Post by nick »

So, in order to appease my mother I went to see a homeopathic who took a sample of my saliva and from that analysed it and told me what was wrong with me.

She said I had some bowel inflammation and that I have candida.
I wasn't shocked about the candida and it made sense that my bowels were somewhat inflammed.
She gave me two bottles of which I was instructed to take ten drops three times a day.
She also gave me some pills of Lactobacillus sporogenes bacteria and a spray of Vitamin-U, which contains natural cabbage extract.

So I took the medicine for about a week. After a few days I noticed my stomach was upset after taking the drops and the Lactobacillus definitely irritated my stomach too.

So after I stopped, about a few days ago, those floating dots came back. This is now a problem and the cause of them is too high sugar levels, which is a sign of diabetes. But I don't think I have diabetes, as I never have any other symptoms than that.

I haven't changed anything in my diet and all of a sudden these symptoms have surfaced and I know it has to do something with the medication this lady gave me.

Anyways, I have kinda' lost my apetite and I notice that when I don't drink my juice, those floating dots are don't appear anymore.
For some innate reason, I feel like not eating and just letting these symptoms go away.

I feel like I know what to do, but any advice would be helpful too.

Nick
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think every human being has Candida (albicans). You've probably upset your digestive system, and listening to what your body says sounds like the best thing to do.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Homeopathic Medicine

Post by RRM »

nick wrote:I wasn't shocked about the candida and it made sense that my bowels were somewhat inflammed.
What made you believe her?
nick

Post by nick »

I have thrush on my tongue, which is a yeast overgrowth.
Also, my tummy has been swollen, ever since I started the diet.

My General Practioner said it was because of all the sugars, which doesn't make sense unless there is some sort of candida overgrowth to cause it.

However, this could be a die-off of the candida from the medicine, which I have read about. So I don't know to keep eating and suffer through it and see if it gets better or what.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I would suggest a low-sugar version of the diet...
What does your current diet consist of?
nick

Post by nick »

2.5 Liters of OJ with oil added.
Sometimes some bananas and apples.
8-10 Yolks.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

How much is your acne protein-susceptible? (how much protein can you eat?)
Can you try dilluting the OJ with water, but with the same amount of oil / L?
Instead of eating bananas and apples, can you start eating a tomatoe-cucumber-avocado salad?
Marty

sugar type

Post by Marty »

In addition to controlling amount of sugar, you may wish to try controlling type of sugar. I've written of this elsewhere on the board, specifically in the diet journalling section; whether or not it applies to you, only you can say--

In short, the simplest-structured sugars are easiest for the body to utilize 100%. And if the body utilizes something perfectly, there is no chance something else will come along to consume that substance (yeasts eating sugars that you cannot use). You may look at my postings on eating a low-sucrose/starch (but not low fructose or glucose--these are easily utilized and require no breakdown as a multipart sugar/starch) version of the diet, and see if it might help. I avoid fruits such as banana due to its sucrose, for example. This is all of course related to one's own sensitivity; the body ordinarily can handle the catalysis and absorption of all natural sugars.

In following this, I have noticed recently how difficult it can be to digest any fruits that are not perfectly ripened:

such fruits are more starch than sugar-- starches being polysaccharides requiring many bonds to be broken to liberate their sugars. In the winter (like now), I rely more on honey, which is all easily-utilized sugars, for sugar daily as many weeks even imported produce is rock-hard and never ripens properly (fruits stop ripening if during handling they are accidentally overchilled during loading or storage; I have inadvertently purchased some of these this winter)......

In any case, if your lower digestive system is upset, basic, not complex, sugars may spare it greatly; also limiting overall sugar is an excellent idea, of course.
nick

Post by nick »

RRM wrote:How much is your acne protein-susceptible? (how much protein can you eat?)
Upwards to 60 grams of salmon. I'll break out after I've eaten passed that mark.
Can you try dilluting the OJ with water, but with the same amount of oil / L?
Dilute it by how much? I add 2-3 ounces of water with the same amount of oil and feel fine. I'll sip a little more often though.
Instead of eating bananas and apples, can you start eating a tomatoe-cucumber-avocado salad?
I can do that.
I would want to eat as much fat as possible and was thinking of buying avocadoes in bulk and eating three or more of em' a day. But then wouldn't I get sugar-lows and feel lethargic?
That is the problem I foresee and I don't want to be too lazy/tired for my schoolwork.
I do need to rid this yeast/candida problem, because I don't want it to get worse than it is.
I strongly suspect that this thrush on my tongue keeps my mouth acidic thereby decreasing the remineralisation procress and this white yeast substance gets in between my teeth and creates a mess.
nick

Re: sugar type

Post by nick »

such fruits are more starch than sugar-- starches being polysaccharides requiring many bonds to be broken to liberate their sugars.
True, but they are also utilized faster because they are easily broken down. Starch is just glucose molecules connected to each other.

What kind of reaction do you have to high starch foods?
In the winter (like now), I rely more on honey, which is all easily-utilized sugars, for sugar daily as many weeks even imported produce is rock-hard and never ripens properly (fruits stop ripening if during handling they are accidentally overchilled during loading or storage; I have inadvertently purchased some of these this winter)......
I know! It can be disconcerting that waste money on what would have been a perfectly riped fruit it they didn't freeze em'.
In any case, if your lower digestive system is upset, basic, not complex, sugars may spare it greatly; also limiting overall sugar is an excellent idea, of course.
I suspect that the candida overgrowth has inflammed that area to some degree. There is no pain, but it is swollen similiar to eating too much fiber and having all that gas.
A high fat diet would help for sure.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You could add 500 ml of water to 500 ml of juice, and still add the same amount of oil as you add to 1L of juice.
Luckily, I have a six hour block during the day where I have work and then class.
I could eat the salad at work and sip the water-juice in class.
Then go back home and eat the salad and yolks.
This will be super challenging.
But then wouldn't I get sugar-lows and feel lethargic?
Yes. A diet providing you with less sugar would automatically make you feel less energetic, which you can compensate by keeping your blood sugar level stable very fanatically (lots and lots of very small meals), so that there are no sugar lows, but only an over-all somewhat decreased blood sugar level.
Hopefully I would ingest enough nutrients as well.
But I really got to rid this candida, and sugar only helps fuel it.
I would plan on eating 2-3 avocadoes a day in a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes and olive oil. And some OJ for classes.

What about the carbs from the cucumbers and tomatoes?
[Item-1] 3units of Avocado (Persea gratissima Gaertn.), [2],
[Item-2] 4oz (liquid ounces, avoirdupois, US) of Chicken Egg yolk
[Item-3] 1units, big of Cucumber (Cucumis sativus), peeled, [1][2],
[Item-4] 3units of Tomatoes (Lycopersicon esculentum), red, ripe, yr
[Item-5] 3cups of Orange juice (Citrus sinensis), fresh, not pasteurized, [1][2].

Weight:......................................2033.2867g

Constituents...................................Quantity..............RDA

Water........................................1677.48535g ..............?g
Energy.......................................2025.52950kcal .....2900.00kcal
Protein quality...................................28.38%
Protein........................................40.12915g ..........58.00g
-Methionine.....................................0.79267g .......13mg/kg (FAO/WHO 85)
-Cysteine.......................................0.47279g .......13mg/kg (FAO/WHO 85) no data:3
Total lipid (Fat).............................162.55991g ..............?g
Carbohydrate..................................105.73250g ..............?g
Fiber, total dietary...........................39.35820g ..............?g
-Fibre, wat. sol...............................14.31060g ..............?g no data:2,5
-Fibre, wat. ins...............................23.55959g ..............?g no data:2,5
It requires lots of discipline though....
I have a feeling I will get sick of avocadoes and begin wanting carbs.
This will be tough!!!
I will go into ketosis at some point if I eat enough fat.
Plus, I'll be taking the medicine which will hopefully help kill the candida.
But I don't want to waste away either.
I think I have the discipline, but hopefully my bank account doesn't run dry.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey nick!

First, you have to cure the candida. I don't think there is any way to continue drinking OJ, eating any sugary fruit and hope to cure the candida at the same time. After it's gone you can resume slowly and very well have no problem. But once the balance is off, you need to address this first. Ketosis might not be a bad idea, and there are simple cures that could actually cure you in a week. I don't feel like I'm allowed to say here, so pm me or google, and you'll see.

Best wishes,
Avalon :)
Marty

Starches

Post by Marty »

Ah, well, my body cannot really digest starches much at all.

The colon of my body is still sensitive after healing from 25 years of colitis.

I eat mostly monosaccharides which don't require digesting in the way of breaking down bonds between sugars. Therefore ripe fruits whose starches have been converted to sugars and that happen to be rich in glucose and fructose (figs/kiwifruit/cherries/grapes...but not sucrose-rich durian; banana; mango, even when they are ripe), are easiest to absorb. I have not eaten grains; potatoes; squash for years as they are starch-containing. And of course now I eat a 'subset' of the foods on the Sample/Strict Diet.

I am not bothered by Candida now but was in the past... I did at that time take a berberine-containing compound (Chinese medicine's huang lian shu) which is a very strong plant toxin. This worked to inhibit sugar absorption in the intestines and it also stimulates or enhances insulin production, clearing sugars from the blood. It is in controlling blood-sugar differently now-- without the crutch of this 'natural insulin'-- and not eating what the body cannot make use of that helps the most.
Last edited by Marty on Wed 31 Jan 2007 17:10, edited 9 times in total.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Don't take this as Gospel, but a couple of places on the net don't rule out tomatoes and cucumbers when talking about a candida diet. My guess is That The Sample Diet would be fine, minus the juice and sugar, until you're cleared.

You will have to either take some probiotics or Yogurt to change the balance that's out of whack.

Just for info:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-loc ... e/140.html

http://chetday.com/candida.html

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/4966/recipes.htm
Marty

candida

Post by Marty »

You must really observe and see what this might be; there are many ways that otherwise innocuous foods or combinations of foods may become a problem temporarily.

I offer the examples above simply because this was not something I ever would have thought or read; I learned by simply watching and being open. It is hard to find a pattern or trace the lines between dots in your observations at times; but it is possible. Sugars that need breakdowns occurring in the lower intestine are something that's been difficult for my body; I am not sure how it became so, but adjusting correspondingly has been like magic, as improbable as my limited Sample/Strict diet sounds. My feeling is that I will be able to eat the Sample/Strict diet without eating a 'subset' of it, at some point. In solving a problem, you find new things about the body, and learn to feel the relaxed portions of it as well as feel more clearly what is in distress. So good luck as you continue to observe and find the way....