Problems: topicals; 95% strict; allergic 2 fruits & nuts

Challenges and trouble-shooting
ganbare
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Problems: topicals; 95% strict; allergic 2 fruits & nuts

Post by ganbare »

Hello,

The is my first time posting on the boards, I've been following them for about three months now. I tried the diet out for about two months, though I can't say that I've been 100% strict because I have been using topicals, but as far as the diet went I was about 95%. I have been traveling a lot in the last year, changing countries every three months because of my study abroad program, so my acne has understandably gotten worse. I had to stop the diet because my stomach was having problems dealing with raw foods. As a result I've had some time to reflect and think about the diet and some problems that I had with it.

I have very specific fruit allergies and I've had them ever since I was little. The only fruits I can eat for sure are bananas, grapes, citrus, and cucumbers. I am 100% positive that I am allergic to apples, pears, all kinds of melons, and exotic fruit from tropical climates. Berries aren't good for my system either. While on the diet I experimented with different fruits to see what my body could handle, I had no problems with egg yolks or salmon. I ate all my fruits with olive oil, I can't do nuts either because of allergies. My typcial day would consist of two cucumbers, two avocados, two-three oranges, two bananas, two handfuls of grapes, and about 4 egg yolks. I would also munch on dates and prunes occasionally. I'm about 5'8'' and 140lbs, I think I was a bit under my necessary calloric intake, but for the most part I felt fine. I was still having occasional breakouts even a month in and that was troubling me, I also craved fatty foods a lot, which prompted me to eat more avocados ( I stopped eating them after I discovered that I might be allergic to them) The diet has been hard to keep up and I don't think I will be able to do it for long stretches until I get out of college, but I guess I am just wondering if it is still worth it if I can only eat a limited amount of foods in a diet that is already so restricting.

Oh the reason I stopped is because I think I had too many oranges over the last week or so that were not ripe and very sour, so I have the sour stomach problem. I can only intake cooked foods without it hurting immediately.

Sorry about the length, I'd appreciate your thoughts and comments!

thanks! :?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Problems: topicals; 95% strict; allergic 2 fruits &

Post by RRM »

Hi Ganbare,
ganbare wrote:I have been using topicals, but as far as the diet went I was about 95%.
Well, thats 2 big problems already.
Really, topicals can mess up everything.
Also, not doing the diet 100% strict readily messes up everything.
The only way to really do the sample diet, is by doing it 100%. There is no middle way for it to work...
I have very specific fruit allergies
Ah, okay. I guess thats what kept you from doing the diet 100%.
I am 100% positive that I am allergic to apples, pears, all kinds of melons, and exotic fruit from tropical climates. Berries aren't good for my system either.... I can't do nuts either because of allergies
Have you had the proper tests to confirm your allergies?
My typcial day would consist of two cucumbers, two avocados, two-three oranges, two bananas, two handfuls of grapes, and about 4 egg yolks. ... I think I was a bit under my necessary calloric intake
Thats about 1450 kcal in total, which is about half the RDA...
Thus far too little.
I am just wondering if it is still worth it if I can only eat a limited amount of foods in a diet that is already so restricting.
Well, your diet is actually no more restricting than mine: OJ, banana, cucumber, tomato, OO, fish and yolks.
For me, having clear skin is certainly worth doing the diet 100% strict.
Oh the reason I stopped is because I think I had too many oranges over the last week or so that were not ripe and very sour, so I have the sour stomach problem.
Just stay away from unripe fruits. Thats what all of us do.
Sorry about the length,
The more info, the better.
If you really want, you can do the 100% strict version of the diet. (without using topicals, as well)
ganbare

Post by ganbare »

I had an allergy test and I don't remember specific fruits coming up, but I know nuts did. I know that I am specifically allergic to a variety of pollens and trees so that might have something to do with the fruit allergies. I haven't tried eating the organic kinds, perhaps that would make a difference.

How many of each fruit do you usually eat ? and how much OJ do you drink? I think I end up ingesting too much OO because I get so hungry just eating the fruits.

Also is there any effects from eating too many bananas in one day? Sometimes I will eat three in a day.

Is there that much a difference between using topicals as opposed to not? With topicals it keeps my break outs from getting out of hand, I already had some pretty bad breakouts and I'm worried about scarring, which is why I started to use them again. When I stopped using them and I was eating pretty poorly, I broke out quite badly. I was away from home, so when I got back I immediately went back on but at the same time started the diet.

Thanks for the response
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ganbare wrote:I had an allergy test and I don't remember specific fruits coming up, but I know nuts did. I know that I am specifically allergic to a variety of pollens and trees so that might have something to do with the fruit allergies. I haven't tried eating the organic kinds, perhaps that would make a difference.
Maybe you can ask for the test results again?
Then you know whether you are allergic to any fruits....
How many of each fruit do you usually eat ?
Often 4 tomatoes in my salad. 1 cucumber. Sometimes i eat 3 bananas.
about 4 to 5 L of OJ.
I think I end up ingesting too much OO because I get so hungry just eating the fruits.
Why would it be too much?
Also is there any effects from eating too many bananas in one day?
no. You can eat as many as you want.
Is there that much a difference between using topicals as opposed to not?
In some there is. In some there is not.
They may cause acne, or not.
With topicals it keeps my break outs from getting out of hand
Topicals also accelerate skin aging.
With this diet (100%) you can do without them.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

On this diet you'll learn/have to listen to your body. When it says you need to eat (hungry feeling) you have to eat. Doing that will never make you eat too much.

In the beginning though, you have to get used to eating far more often during a day, so frequent small meals instead of few big ones. You have to train your body in this.

Breakouts can also be caused by not eating enough.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote: Breakouts can also be caused by not eating enough.
How does not eating enough cause breakouts?

I've read about fasting and that it releases stored toxins into your blood stream, but wasn't sure if this was true. Do you know if this is true?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote: How does not eating enough cause breakouts?
It may.
When you eat too little, the body breaks down muscle protein for energy. 'Chuncks' of that muscle protein get released in the blood, and are gradually converted into energy, by enzymes. Partially undecomposed 'chuncks' may end up in the skin (depending on the speed of breakdown), which may cause acne.
I've read about fasting and that it releases stored toxins into your blood stream, but wasn't sure if this was true. Do you know if this is true?
Yes, many toxins are fat soluble, and are stored in adipose tissue. Once you start using up that fat, the 'trapped' toxins are released in the blood.
ganbare

Post by ganbare »

So I've been trying to get back on the diet and I thought my stomach was fully recovered, had sour stomach for like two weeks basically too much acid. I don't know what I can eat now since oranges, OJ and grapes, tomatoes and cucumbers all give me pain in the stomach. What kinds of things can I eat that are okay that aren't so acidic. I think bananas are alright but I can't very well eat them all day. thanks for all the help!
avo

Post by avo »

Cucumbers give you pain? I don't think it is because of acidity...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed. Tomatoes and cucumbers are far from acidic. I guess you have a different issue.
Having too much acid is a (over) response of the stomach (secretion of digestive juices), and not caused by the influx of too much acids.