On Tour

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Seth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Seth »

DarkGalaxy wrote:Actually, since you only went for a week... you could have brought a big bag of (unripe) avocado's or other fruits... in a separate bag with your hand baggage or even in your check-in luggage. Just declare if if they ask about it, smile and tell them you have terrible allergies and digestive problems and your doctor has advised you to bring these foods to eat. That should work. Fruits for consumption should not be a problem. I just 'smuggled' a huge amount of Aloe Vera leaves from one continent to the other.
You can also work with plastic ice packs, some will keep your foods cold for 6 hrs until you find a fridge. Make friends in all these places you visit and ask them to get you food! :) Or ask the tour manager to arrange it with catering or contact the venues? I know, that is a LOT of fuss...
I had two guitars, effects plus clothing, I had barely enough room to bring just sugar and olive oil. Plus going to Canada from the US with fruit would have been a hassle on top of it all. They gave us a hard enough time as it was since we weren't sure exactly the name of the venues. I survived it for a week with dire consequences. I just ate what was the least bad for me.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Ya... that totally sounds like an impossible situation.
I bet the backstage catering at the venues was the usual corn flakes and cold pizza huh :P yuckckckckck

And you're probably like the typical musician, not really an explorer to look and search for stores at every location ;) Ya I know how that is... twenty more years and you won't be able to find the restroom without first consulting your tour manager :). I am just teasing you a little!!!
I know you're gonna make it big, now all you need is fights with all the band mates and annoying guitar techs that ignore your incredible expertise... :D Just kidding!!!

God I miss that... it gets addictive doesn't it? What kind of music do you play?
Seth

Post by Seth »

DarkGalaxy wrote:Ya... that totally sounds like an impossible situation.
I bet the backstage catering at the venues was the usual corn flakes and cold pizza huh :P yuckckckckck

And you're probably like the typical musician, not really an explorer to look and search for stores at every location ;) Ya I know how that is... twenty more years and you won't be able to find the restroom without first consulting your tour manager :). I am just teasing you a little!!!
I know you're gonna make it big, now all you need is fights with all the band mates and annoying guitar techs that ignore your incredible expertise... :D Just kidding!!!

God I miss that... it gets addictive doesn't it? What kind of music do you play?
I said it was impossible sometimes, not the entire time. I would say it was about 50-50. The catering was actually decent, but it was still cooked.

I am a jazz and classical musician primarily. That gig was to play mostly rock and pop genres. I had to pretty much sight read the charts as we had one rehearsal with the band the day before the first performance.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Daaamn that sounds tough! Hope it was a good experience!
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

It gets like that sometimes and then the bigger the venue or festival, the harder it is to hear what you're doing on stage.
Seth

Post by Seth »

DarkGalaxy wrote:Daaamn that sounds tough! Hope it was a good experience!
It was a great experience. I had a blast. :)