On Tour

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Seth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

On Tour

Post by Seth »

I am going out on a one-week tour with a group performing in Canada next week. Normally, I would not be so concerned, except I don't fare well with dried fruits or nuts. Since I am flying, I can't exactly take what I did when I went on a road trip a while back. Any suggestions? I am worried I won't be eating enough or as regularly as I have been.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What are the restrictions?
Seth

Post by Seth »

Not sure exactly what you mean by restrictions.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Well, if you want us to advice you, you need to tell us what the restriions are, as to what can you take with you, and what not? Are you restricted in any other way? (regarding what foods you can eat)
Seth

Post by Seth »

I can't take very much at all when I leave. Maybe some dried fruit, and a small bottle of OJ+OO; the former I have avoided for many months. Other than that, I have no room. It may be possible for me to get to a supermarket when I am in town, but I will not know if that is possible until I get out there.

I really am not sure what else doesn't agree with me per the diet. I resorted to existing only on OJ and OO and 4-5 egg yolks for the last three weeks only because I didn't want to run the risk of having something else cause problems. Ironically, I am still getting pimples here and there even with this restriction (and nothing else). I have been considering getting an allergy test to determine whether I do in fact have any issues with other fruits, although I don't know how accurate or telling such tests are.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:I can't take very much at all when I leave.
Ok, what do the others take? canned food?
Are you not allowed to take more? Everybody needs water, so you need to take water, and sugar and oil as well. Then you have the energy that you need. Its a bit drastic, but it seems the conditions are...
Ironically, I am still getting pimples here and there even with this restriction (and nothing else). I have been considering getting an allergy test
Yes, this happens to about 5 to 10% of acne patients that try this diet. So far that group seems to have skin problems dominated by hormone levels. Maybe you have elevated testosterone or other hormones.
Probably allergies have nothing to do with it (no symptoms)
Seth

Post by Seth »

Thanks, RPM. Not sure what the rest take. I think most will simply go out to the local diner or what have you to eat their meals. That is par for the course when on the road. I can easily bring sugar and oil. Distilled water is something I am sure I can get out there.

If I can get over to a supermarket, I can at least get fruit. Is pasteurized OJ (and other juices) really that bad if fresh squeeze is not available?
RRM wrote:
Seth wrote:I can't take very much at all when I leave.
Ok, what do the others take? canned food?
Are you not allowed to take more? Everybody needs water, so you need to take water, and sugar and oil as well. Then you have the energy that you need. Its a bit drastic, but it seems the conditions are...
Even in my 30's, I could still be having abnormal hormone levels? I guess I could always get a test done to see what the results are. Is that what you often recommend? If this is the case, there is not much I can do, is there?

There is no doubt, however, that my skin has improved while being strictly on the diet, despite the fact I am still getting pimples here and there. I recall a while back someone saying that it sometimes takes more than 2 weeks for the surfacing of pimples to stop; this may be the case, too?
RRM wrote:
Seth wrote:Ironically, I am still getting pimples here and there even with this restriction (and nothing else). I have been considering getting an allergy test
Yes, this happens to about 5 to 10% of acne patients that try this diet. So far that group seems to have skin problems dominated by hormone levels. Maybe you have elevated testosterone or other hormones.
Probably allergies have nothing to do with it (no symptoms)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

In some people it takes months, sometimes a year, for all pimples to disappear. :?
gianni

Post by gianni »

I have heard people say that sugar pushes protein out causing acne, and so they would consider sugar the bad guy and stay away from it in order to not have acne problems. I don't know if this is a correct assumption, though. But if many people found that to be true, then I would assume that sugar in their diet pushes out dirty cooked protein. So if you have a lot of stored dirty protein in your body, I would think it could take a while for it to be cleaned out, and that may explain why it can take some people longer to see perfect skin. Just a thought.

gianni
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

gianni wrote:I have heard people say that sugar pushes protein out causing acne
That doesnt make any sense.
Also, for the people that are very susceptible to acne and clear their skin with this diet, sugar poses no threat at all regarding acne.
if you have a lot of stored dirty protein in your body, I would think it could take a while for it to be cleaned out
True. They are stored in the skin and are also present in the blood and lymphe, and it indeed may take a while before everything is cleaned up (by enzymes).
Seth

Post by Seth »

Don't see how that would matter, considering you can't survive without glucose which is what sugar is ultimately converted into. Incidentally, I have not been using sugar at all, so it cannot account for my condition.

RPM, would drinking pasteurized juice or eating dried fruit in a crunch be really that bad if I am unable to access other food on a regular basis? Or what would you suggest considering the restrictions I mentioned in the last post?
gianni wrote:I have heard people say that sugar pushes protein out causing acne, and so they would consider sugar the bad guy and stay away from it in order to not have acne problems. I don't know if this is a correct assumption, though. But if many people found that to be true, then I would assume that sugar in their diet pushes out dirty cooked protein. So if you have a lot of stored dirty protein in your body, I would think it could take a while for it to be cleaned out, and that may explain why it can take some people longer to see perfect skin. Just a thought.

gianni
gianni

Post by gianni »

RRM wrote:
gianni wrote:I have heard people say that sugar pushes protein out causing acne
That doesnt make any sense.
Also, for the people that are very susceptible to acne and clear their skin with this diet, sugar poses no threat at all regarding acne.
I agree that it doesn't make any sense, and I don't know how that conclusion was jumped to, but I will see if I can find where the idea came from. Also, I agree that the sugar in this diet poses no threat to acne, because you remove the dirty protein. I hope that everyone understands that I didn't mean that the sugar in this diet is bad for that reason. I actually think it may have a good purpose besides energy.

gianni
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Seth's pasteurized juice seems to be pretty bad for my skin. :(

I get BIG red spots. :(
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, I get that if I drink commercial juice.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:Yes, I get that if I drink commercial juice.
Is this to say, you are at a loss in terms of what to advise? If you feel I am simply up a creek without a paddle, just say so. lol What would you end up doing in such a situation? I am gone for only 4 days.