Monster Cravings!!!

Challenges and trouble-shooting
zaravictoria
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Monster Cravings!!!

Post by zaravictoria »

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the board and the Wai diet. This is my third day on the diet at about 98% (taking doxycycline and have shelled brazil nuts; waiting for my shipment of unshelled). I'll go 100% once I get my shipment.

A little background info: I'm 24 and graduated from UT Austin with a teaching degree. I started this diet to mainly get rid of my mild and annoying acne and also to feel healthy and "clean". My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy but I silence him by buying him pizza.

Anyways, I'm currently experiencing the fabulous withdrawal symptoms on this diet for sandwiches, pizza and Mc Donald's. I also miss cooked foods SOOO much! I love pasta and ravioli and all that italian. How do you guys alleviate your cravings? How long did yours last?
nick

Re: Monster Cravings!!!

Post by nick »

zaravictoria wrote: I'm new to the board and the Wai diet. This is my third day on the diet at about 98% (taking doxycycline and have shelled brazil nuts; waiting for my shipment of unshelled). I'll go 100% once I get my shipment.
It is not recommended that you take antibiotics while on this diet.
They can imbalance the natural bacteria and you may get candida.
Just a precaution.
A little background info: I'm 24 and graduated from UT Austin with a teaching degree. I started this diet to mainly get rid of my mild and annoying acne and also to feel healthy and "clean". My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy but I silence him by buying him pizza.
Excellent and good luck!
Just tell him to read the site and take a look, if not, then most people will never understand or "get it."
Anyways, I'm currently experiencing the fabulous withdrawal symptoms on this diet for sandwiches, pizza and Mc Donald's. I also miss cooked foods SOOO much! I love pasta and ravioli and all that italian. How do you guys alleviate your cravings? How long did yours last?
Mine lasted for a couple of weeks initially, but they die away gradually.
How is your body responding to the diet?
Their is no best way to get rid of the cravings except always eating when hungry and making sure to enjoy satisfying yolks and fish which inhibit cravings. Avocados may help too!
Best of luck!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the forum. :)

Cravings are easiest to handle when 100% all the time. Then they diminish gradually. Unfortunately it's a real addiction, so we will always be addicted, and thus cravings can hit us at any moment. Like Nick suggested, eat when you need to, and eat yolks and fish.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, when waiting for unshelled nuts, dont take any nuts in the meantime, if no unshelled nuts are available.
Frost

Post by Frost »

withdrawal only lasts for the first 2 weeks really, though i can see why some people experience them longer if more dependent on manufactured foods to begin with. the younger you are the more easily your body will adapt to the new diet as well i would imagine. anyway, i still had cravings for one thing since i started the diet to about 3 weeks after... peanut butter. like twice a week id really want it, but i quickly found that that was just my body's way of demanding protein or olive oil or avocado.
zaravictoria

Post by zaravictoria »

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your suggestions. I had a really major desire for pizza last night (probably because I bought my bf a pizza) but I silenced it with lots of cucumber-avocado-olive oil "salad".

A little more info: I've been on antibiotics for a day and a half because I was on a retinoid and it SERIOUSLY SCREWED UP MY FACE!!! I have acne all along my jawline because of it and antibiotics REALLY help get rid of my acne but I don't want to be dependent on them. The day and a half that I took the antibiotics has really helped to clear up my skin so now I'm not going to take them at all; I just needed an extra boost to combat the damage that the retinoid did.

Anyways, I'm also a vegetarian so I don't eat fish and I LOATHE eggs with a passion since my parents FORCED me to eat eggs as a kid and now I can't stand them. So I've been eating brazil nuts for my protein and I absolutely adore avocados. I could eat avocados all day long they're SO YUMMY!

As for my bf, he don't think he'll ever read up on diet stuff; I wish he would because he has high cholesterol but he prefers to play video games and role play. I just wish he would take a more vested interest in his health. Maybe getting good results from this diet will change his mind.

I think I'll be able to handle the food cravings. I guess whenever they hit me I'll certainly be eating avocados since they taste so good!

Just out of curiosity... how many of you are 100% and for how long? I know I'll be going 100% once I get my brazil nuts but for now I'm good with my 98%. I'll let you know how it is!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

100% for about 20 months now.

Without fish and eggs it's more difficult to get the essential fatty acids (omega3) and cholesterol though...
zaravictoria

Post by zaravictoria »

Wow!!! I hope to be able to go for that long! I had a lapse today and ate some pizza. I just received my unshelled brazil nuts so I will begin again fully 100% tomorrow. I have a test tomorrow so I hope it works out!

Thanks for the replies.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Everybody can do it, if they really want to. :)