loose stool

Challenges and trouble-shooting
MJ
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

loose stool

Post by MJ »

I've been on the Wai Diet for about 4 months now. I've seen and felt great results- my skin is perfectly clear, no bad breath, more energy, etc.... However, I am still having a problem with loose stool. It's not always the all water kind of diarrhea (which does happen more frequently than I would like), but more often it has more on the consistency of like soft serve ice cream that 's melting (I'm sure everyone loves that description).

I have been juicing and drinking all fruits. I eat the avocado/tomoto/cucumber/olive oil salad, but took out the chives to see if that may contribute to my problem. I eat 4 - 5 bananas a day. I thought that I may have an intolerance towards nuts, so I stopped eating that to see it if made a difference (it hasn't made too much of a difference besides my skin looking even more clear). I eat raw fish and raw egg yoke. I don't belief the problem is that the egg or fish is not fresh because my family is on this diet and no one else seems to have any problems. I have also eaten raw beef and it is interesting that my stool seems less "loose" after eating that.

I tend to have this problem even when I do the 100% Wait diet for an extended amount of time.

Any suggestion on how I can fix this problem?
MJ

Post by MJ »

Let me also mention that I have not experienced any unusual weightloss or feelings of dehydration. I also have an extremely fast metabolism and digestive system.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the forum. :)

Does the rest of the family eat the same way as you do? Are you eating any munchfoods or not at all?

It could be that you need to experiment with more/less fiber, i.e. more whole fruits.
MJ

Post by MJ »

My wife and kids eat the same way. We don't eat munchie foods every day, only once in a while. I've gone extended amounts of time without munchie foods to see that would solidify my stool, but it didn't. By the way, my metabolism is much much faster than my wife and kids. Regardless of what I eat, my body digests the food and passes it through extremely quickly. I'm the kind of person that has a hard time gaining weight.

Actually, let me clarify something as I did examine my situation a bit closer. I don't get watery diarrhea unless I eat something that has gone bad or I have an intolerance to. When this happens, I notice that the skin on my face is more dry. My normal bowel movement is very very soft. The parts that don't look like soft served ice cream look like very fiberous chunks that break apart very easily. Though my skin seems normal, I do notice that my lips are dry even in my "normal" situation.

I have taken as much fiber out of the diet as I can. The only thing I eat that contains fiber is the tomato/cumumber/avocado/olive oil salad and the bananas. All other fruits have been juiced. One thing I did notice was that I have far less bowel movements once I took all the fiber out. Before I took all the fiber out, I would take at least 6 bowel movements a day. Once I took the fiber out, it has dropped down to about 2.

If I naturally have a fast metabolism and my body naturally passes food through quickly, would my stool naturally be softer because of less absorption time in the colon?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think it is a natural overcompensation of the body when going from sedated to fully active, but I'm not sure if that would still be the situation after 4 months. Do you have other negative effects except the consistency?
MJ

Post by MJ »

I'm not sure if it is that my intestines went from sedated to active because I've always seemed to have this problem even before the Wai Diet.

What I have done the past couple days is only drink juiced fruits with olive oil and consume avocado, raw egg yoke, and raw fish. This has seemed to make my bowel movement more normal. This makes me suspect that there may have been something in the salad that I have an intolerance to. I ate some cucumber today, so we will see if that has any negative effect. I'm guessing it won't and am theorizing that I may have an intolerance towards tomatoes. I'll let you know what I figure out in the next few days.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear. Another thing which you could try out is eating more fatty foods/fruits, like avocado.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, when you ingest little fiber, there is not much stool, so that the balance between stool and water easily goes the 'watery way'.
MJ

Post by MJ »

I thought I had an intolerance to nuts, however, I believe I figured out that I have an intolerance to tomatoes. I had removed both tomatoes and nuts and my bowel movements began to stabilize. I later ate a few things with nuts and I was fine. So think the culprit has been the tomato. I could test it out to make sure by eat a tomato and seeing what happens, but since my bowels have normalized, I'd rather not mess with a good thing.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Did you try removing the peel of all tomatoes?
(the peel contains virtually all pesticides, which very much stimulate bowel movement, as your bowels doesnt want them inside your bowels)
Biev

Post by Biev »

This probably sounds stupid, but how do you peel a tomato? I used to dip them in boiling water, but I doubt that's how you all do it...
MJ

Post by MJ »

I did speak too soon in that I do have a slight intolerance to nuts. It's not as bad as my intolerance to tomato, but it gives me slightly looser stool and some nasty gas.

I'm not sure how to peel a tomato.....Is there any other fruit I should make sure to eat more of to make up for not eating tomato?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Peeling tomatoes needs a sharp knife. Sometimes it helps to gently massage the tomato between your hands (easier with cherry tomatoes) to loosen up the skin a little.
Biev

Post by Biev »

Would it be ok if I used the boiling water only for a few seconds? It makes it so much easier because afterwards you can just neatly peel the skin off by hand. I usually wait 20 seconds, but I bet it would work even if I didn't wait that long, I'd have to test it...