I'm Jumping Jack Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Challenges and trouble-shooting
thecalaquendi
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

I'm Jumping Jack Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Post by thecalaquendi »

Right... I just started this diet 4 days ago and I'm getting ALOT of gas and I'm also quite constipated. Can I conclude that these symptoms will SOON (as this is imperative!) fade away naturally, or should I perhaps revise my diet?

My daily intake consists of:
4-5 avocados (I love avocados! Especially in guacamole form... could they be the 'culprit?')
2 Tomatoes
1 Cucumber
4 apples
750 mL of Orange juice
4 raw egg yolks (yummy)
Olive oil (I have no idea how much, but I cover my fruits with and add quite a bit (not very precise I know...) to my Orange Juice
Some lemon juice as garnishing
Bottled water (I really hate supporting that industry, trust me)

Thank you :)

p.s. Can I use apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or wine vinegar (... or vinegar in general ;) ), in the strict diet?
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

Right and... in case it's relevant: I'm 6 feet and weigh 150 lbs (I know.)
Christina

Post by Christina »

where you constipated before this diet? Or did you just have less then one good bowel m. per day?
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

Before this diet I had at least one good bowel movement a day (two most of the time.)
Christina

Post by Christina »

weird.
somewhere in the wai archives, I read that if you are constipated try drinking only juice with oil plus the yolks or fish to give the overburdened system a rest. But I wouldn't know. Personally, my digestion has improved since the diet and I almost never have gas anymore which I used to get sometimes before. so annoying :x
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

Thanks Christina for the information you provided and the time you donated :)

I'll try eating a lot more often. Up until now I've been unable to remember to eat 'constantly,' so I've been sticking pretty much just to major meals (even with the orange juice.) I may even find a digital watch and set it to ring every hour... :P

I'll also increase my intake of liquids, I'll see how that works.

Thanks again! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

In the beginning the body needs to adjust to the new situation, not getting sedated like before and/or lacking the amount of fiber it's been used to. This means constipation and/or diarrhea can be the result. :?
dionysus

Re: I'm Jumping Jack Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Post by dionysus »

thecalaquendi wrote: p.s. Can I use apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or wine vinegar (... or vinegar in general ;) ), in the strict diet?
no.

Make sure you peel EVERYTHING
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Combinations of food can create gas. For example Orange juice (with Olive Oil) & Avacado
Negativity is the cult of the weak
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

Alright, well I'm on my way to buy 36 :shock: oranges right now, that way I'll be able to have enough juice to sip on throughout the day (for that more regular intake.) Good thing oranges and avocados are cheap here! (I get 3 avocados for a dollar-and they're delicious! Oranges range from 2-3$ a dozen at this time a year -where I shop anyway)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Wow, I should move there (-_-); Here they're a dollar an orange! Which is why I have a glass of pressed juice in the morning, then store bought juice for the rest of the day. I'm too poor for this diet : P
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

One dollar for an orange Biev?! That's crazy! Especially as I can see that you're in Florida! I'm in Montreal and the oranges I buy (so cheaply) are from Florida... so technically I'm paying for the value of the orange + the cost of importation! (and it's still way cheaper)

Anyway, to get back on topic, I have no more gas and am no longer constipated. The problem resolved itself. (Hurray!)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Wow, a lot of us are from Quebec after all ^.^;; I'm a Montreal girl too, and I'm moving back there at the end of the month actually!

Yeah it's ridiculous I know! I'm in Florida and my grocery store imports oranges from California. Well to be exact I'm on an island south of Florida, where everything is ridiculously expensive (under pretext that all produce has to be driven to our remote little island... but come on! They have to drive that stuff everywhere else too!)
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

OK... I'm sorry to say... the gas IS STILL COMING! I guess it resolved itself only on that specific day...

I'm pretty sure the gas is caused by the raw egg yolks. Actually, I'm quite positive it's caused by the raw egg yolk as I only get gas when I consume eggs... this of course creates a problem as eggs are a major part of the diet. I can't possibly afford (financially) to eat sashimi every day.

I'm thinking I could possibly substitute them with brazil nuts, yet they would not supply me with the cholesterol I was getting from the eggs (and many other nutrients, no doubt.)

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.
Christina

Post by Christina »

are you removing the bag around the yolk?