swollen glands

Challenges and trouble-shooting
mega
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

swollen glands

Post by mega »

Hello all,

I have been on the wai diet for just over a day and was wondering if my issue is in anyway related to the switch of diet, or if anyone has had similair experiences.

Issue: Swollen lymph glands in my throat. When i press an inch or so below my jaw I can feel them. They feel like mini golfballs. Bigger than normal. They are not visible from looking at me tho, I can just feel them. I have also been urinating non stop today. Urine is very clear. I almost feel like my body is going through some type of detox.

I am 20 year old, university student. I weigh about 180 pounds.

Diet before switching to wai: whole grain cereal with a fruit for breakfast, chicken with tomato sauce or pasta for lunch, more meat for dinner. carb style snacks in between. I like to eat, and come from an Italian family, so I am one to overeat carbs.

Wai Diet/what i ate today. (everything i ate from when I woke up to just before dinner time)

half of a large papaya
12oz coffee
2 oranges
1 key lime
1 cup of frozen mango cubes
1 cup of frozen mixed berries(stawberry, blueberry, blackberry, rasberry).
1 cup of tomatos
1 cup of cucumbers
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
.5 cup of nut mix (almonds, cashews, peanuts, rasins, etc)
lots of water

Before I was able to eat my dinner, I started to feel a bit off. Im pretty sure I had a fever - I got the sweats, and the swelling started.

I also stopped smoking about 4 days ago. Not a huge smoker, about 4 a day. Im sure my situation looks pretty silly, and im sure its due to my sudden diet change, but I just want to make sure, and hear anyone elses thoughts. The swelling really scared me.

My questions are:
Would a lack of food, or lack of protein cause my glands to swell?
Would an allergic reaction make my glands swell? This was my first time eating papaya?
Would bad, or under ripe fruit make my glands swells?
And, anything else you would like to add....

I am stopping by my doctor for a quick visit tomorrow just to make sure. thank you
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

how do you know they are swollen lymph glands?

Some foods cause me to get a lump on the same area and the bit of research I did made me consider that they might me saliva glands
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

How are you doing now?
mega

Post by mega »

I went to see my doctor, and I have an ear/sinus infection. They put me on steriods and antibiotics. Its kind of funny how I did not notice any of it, it just hit me out of no where.

I figure it would be best if I just countinued on my old diet as I only did Wai for one day, and will countinue on Wai once I am done my meds.

thanks
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Mega,

did you not see my question? I am very interested in your response, because I have a similar issue.

I was asking how you knew your swollen glands where lymph glands and not something else such as saliva glands?
mega

Post by mega »

john,

if you take a quick look on google images, saliva glands, you will see that your salvia glands are within your jawline. if they were swollen you would be able to feel them from up underneath. mine glands are perfectly swollen to the same size on both the right and left side, and they are on either side of my throat. while they are very close to my salvia glands, they are definetly not. hope that makes sense.

if you are concerned, see your doctor, he will be able to tell you for sure. wether its your salvia gland or your lymph gland i would have it checked out - they are both probable signs of a bacterial infection (if swollen)