When I eat Peaches I have an allergic reaction...

Challenges and trouble-shooting
keyaziz
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

When I eat Peaches I have an allergic reaction...

Post by keyaziz »

Can I change this?

It seems whenever I eat organic peaches, cherries and apples I get a sore throat and my lips swell (it is worse with cherries).

I have eaten crab apples off a tree and been fine...but

I was wondering is this something I can eradicate? I love these foods and its frustrating not ot be able to eat them. I never had this problem when I was younger (15ish I am now 24).

Any advice would be great...thanks :)
Gerard

Histamine sensitivity

Post by Gerard »

Cherries in particular are high in histamines....

Some have a sensitivity to these.

There are other '-amines' that can trigger reactions, too. My brother has a reaction to some foods in this way-- I cannot remember the precise sensitivity he has.
Gerard

Salicylates

Post by Gerard »

Apples (other than 1 variety- Golden or Red Delicious) are very high in salicylates...

Often those with a histamine intolerance have a salicylate intolerance to. You can check the food lists on histamine/salicylate sensitivity sites.

Peaches are very high in histamines, incidentally...
irrevocable

Post by irrevocable »

Awww..

So am I actually stuck with it? I mean I suffer from hayfever...but with a better diet can my hayfever improve so I don't get this?

Thanks for your replies.
Gerard

Salicylates and histamines

Post by Gerard »

There are lots of different suggestions online for avoiding histamines and salicylates (you can try this to see if it works for awhile, and what your particular sensitivities are)...

My brother has found that when he doesn't overburden his system with lots of the same high-'amine' foods, but spreads them out, he is pretty much able to eat what he wants. Again, there are lots of suggestions online for coping with this, and he has the sense that when one is strong overall (as this diet helps one to be), sometimes these sensitivities fade away. I can post some sites if you want but there are lots and lots online, with charts of high-histamine foods etc.-- have a look; it might be this; might be something else....
keyaziz

Post by keyaziz »

I did have a look but everything tells you to avoid the food.

I tried a golden delicious today and although the reaction wasnt as bad, I still had one.

Thanks for responding.

I think I am going to allow myself to get a bit stronger and healthier via this diet and then keep trying now and then. Its quite frustrating that I am restricted on things that I really like.

I have noticed that when I have peaches in a smoothie with spinach im ok...but nevermind.

thanks for the advice :) i shall have a proper look.
Gerard

-Amines and salicylates

Post by Gerard »

you're welcome...

Most fruits have a lot of these substances so it appears to make this diet hard, but you must experiment and see what you can do....

Every body is individual.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

i have a histamine intolerance as well. it does suck - especially for the wai diet - b/c so many yummy fruits, nuts and fish contain them. but i personally am convinced it results from an overburdened immune system and/or bad digestion. so once you have built up your health you shouldn't have any more problems! maybe someone else knows more about histamines and how one could become intolerant of them?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It could well be that allergies are diet related, or at least diet influenced. For instance it seems I'm far less affected (not even sure I'm allergic anymore) by cats than I used to be.